Reasonably priced all in one Co2 kits

  • Thread starter

GracieGoodman6

New Member
Messages
37
Reaction score
0
Points
31
Experience
1 year
Ive never had a planted tank so this will be my first one. Im going to have a planted 10 gallon with some low to medium level plants, possibly some high level plants once I get some more experience. The only thing is, Im very confused about the co2 requirements and what I need to have a functioning tank. I also dont want to spend an arm and a leg to get one. Is there any all in one kits that all I have to do is set it up and its good to go? Ive looked at Fluval but Im still not quite sure. Any tips to steer me in the right direction will be of great help!

Thanks!
 

TexasDomer

Fishlore Legend
Messages
33,057
Reaction score
9,023
Points
608
Experience
2 years
I don't have any recommendations, but I did want to make sure you knew that you don't have to inject CO2 to keep a planted tank. I have 5 planted tanks and I don't inject CO2 into any of them. So you can definitely get a setup, but it's not necessary for many plants if you don't want to bother with it
 
  • Thread starter

GracieGoodman6

New Member
Messages
37
Reaction score
0
Points
31
Experience
1 year
TexasDomer said:
I don't have any recommendations, but I did want to make sure you knew that you don't have to inject CO2 to keep a planted tank. I have 5 planted tanks and I don't inject CO2 into any of them. So you can definitely get a setup, but it's not necessary for many plants if you don't want to bother with it
I know you don't have to have co2 but it would be nice to see them grow faster and have some more plants that do require some co2.
 

TexasDomer

Fishlore Legend
Messages
33,057
Reaction score
9,023
Points
608
Experience
2 years
I agree! I wish I could afford a nice system! Just wanted to make sure you knew you had options
 

aniroc

Well Known Member
Messages
1,239
Reaction score
437
Points
168
Experience
5 to 10 years
Fluval 88g is a good start as long as you skip their own cartridge. Upgrade it to a paintball canister ($25 at Dick's sporting goods). You'll also need an adapter (Hydra Aquatic paintball- about $15).
It does not have a solenoid so you can't turn it off at night. I'd start with 1 bubble every 5 seconds.
I have this setup running on my 75 gallon tank.
 

watercrayfish

Valued Member
Messages
102
Reaction score
15
Points
53
aniroc said:
Fluval 88g is a good start as long as you skip their own cartridge. Upgrade it to a paintball canister ($25 at Dick's sporting goods). You'll also need an adapter (Hydra Aquatic paintball- about $15).
It does not have a solenoid so you can't turn it off at night. I'd start with 1 bubble every 5 seconds.
I have this setup running on my 75 gallon tank.
How often are you replacing the paintball canister with 1 bubble every 5 seconds?
 

cichlidman

Well Known Member
Messages
1,487
Reaction score
79
Points
143
Experience
More than 10 years
i bought a 7lb tank off ebay for 30. bucks and a cheap turn knob regulator for 15. i use it on my 75 and have to get it filled 4-5 times per year cost about 20 bucks to fill
 

Aquarium Saturation

Well Known Member
Messages
500
Reaction score
57
Points
63
There are also lots of cheap DIY methods out there which would be cheaper.
 

aniroc

Well Known Member
Messages
1,239
Reaction score
437
Points
168
Experience
5 to 10 years
watercrayfish said:
How often are you replacing the paintball canister with 1 bubble every 5 seconds?
I run about 1 bubble per second on the 75 gallon. Diffuser is Fluval ceramic disc. The canister is 24oz. It last a little over two months. I don't replace the canister; I refill it ($7)
 
Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Aquarium Photo Contests

Follow FishLore!





Top Bottom