Really skinny celestial pearl danio

ACHU

Hi everyone!

For the last few days one of my celestial pearl danios has been behaving abnormally. It's swimming alright but whenever I drop food in it can't catch it--it always aims a little too far to the side when trying to grab it with its mouth. Because of this it's become really skinny and pale, and I'm worried that it's going to starve soon. It seems like it can't see very well.

The tank is a 10 gallon walstad, very heavily planted, with 10 ember tetras, 8 CPD's, and a colony of RCS. Ammonia, nitrates, and nitrites are all at 0. All the other fish and shrimp are very healthy and active.

I dosed PraziPro yesterday in case it's an internal parasite, and I want to make sure that it's not anything infectious. Any possibilities and suggestions are welcome!

Attachments

• IMG_9446.jpg
    IMG_9446.jpg
    105.4 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_9449.jpg
    IMG_9449.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 20

Sarah1230ox

One of my minnows has gone the same way, about to try treating with an internal parasite meds. But i think tb can cause the same sort of symptoms!

Upvote 0

BigManAquatics

If you are worried that maybe it cant see, try using a pipette or something to bring the food to it's mouth.

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
greenpepper
Replies
Views
Crazycoryfishlady
Replies
Views
BigManAquatics
Replies