REALLY SICK CORY CAT

mac16101

Reaction score
Hello,

Ive got a 3 year old Cory and it is so bloated.  Its so swollen It looks like its going to explode.  I think it may have some type of cancer.  Its not eating, just siting at the bottom with her little head in the corner.  The other cory's, dwarf frogs, and fish are all doing fine.  Does anyone have any idea on what this might be.

I put her in a little bowl with a touch of Melifix in the water.  What do you all think?

Thanks in advance. Mac ???

chickadee

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
It could be dropsy, it is hard to tell on cories as they do not have scales to stick out as that is one of the main symptoms of dropsy. Actually that is a symptom rather than a disease. It signifies kidney shut down. It is also contagious so if there is a way of quarantining the fish it may be wise to do so just in case. It may also be that they poor little guy has eaten something that is too big for its digestive system and it is totally constipated and has a severe blockage, but this is not frequent in cories.

There may be someone else who has more experience with cories that can help here but I have never owned one so You may take my advice with that in mind.

Rose

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom