Really Sick Clown Loach.

Cruise

So I got home tonight to find one of my 3 clown loaches on the surface struggling to breath. He looks really thin too. I moved him to a smaller tank by himself after a small chase with a net and he is lying on the bottom of the tank breathing hard. It distresses me but I would fair a guess he will die, it strange though that the other two seem fine and are swimming around merrily.

Any ideas what is affecting my sick loach; is there anything I can do for him to help him live?

20170619_184030_zpscnqgtgh9.jpg

Shortfuuzze

That sucks dude.....I had one of my losches kick it a few months ago. I assume mine died from stress...but that's cause he was new in the tank.

Water parameters? Last WC? Lose power lately? New fish?

kayla.s

What have you been feeding them? Maybe this one has been missing out on food since he's so thin?

Cruise

Unfortunately he has died.

I did a water change 2 weeks ago as well as cleaned my gravel. As far as I know I haven't had any power loss, no other fish had been affected.
I do have 3 other clown loaches and they all seem okay, I did see them chasing each other as well as a couple of yoyo (Pakistani) loaches I have in the tank, maybe he was already sick and being chased by the others help finish him off, I realise me moving him wouldn't have done him any favours, I didn't want him to be chased and attacked by the others so my choice was a hard one.

All my fish eat Marine Master Fish Food which is an Australian brand of fish flake, I hadn’t seen him eat but I normally see my clowns on the gravel foraging. I have never noticed any issues with it in the past. I do not know how it stacks up against other types/brands of fish food. I checked my PH earlier this morning and it was 7.4

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
86 ssinit
  • Question
Replies
Views
Macjsam
Replies
Views
cichlid4life
Replies