Really Poorly Betta Help

Discussion in 'Freshwater Fish Disease' started by Louise S, Feb 11, 2019.

1. Louise S

Louise SNew MemberMember

Got this new beautiful blue female betta fish and over night she deteriorated extremly quickly what is it and what can i do! Snapchat-903772032.jpg

2. Fanatic

FanaticFishlore VIPMember

3. Iverg1

Iverg1Well Known MemberMember

Some of her scales are missing. Are there any sharp decorations in her tank? Your also feeding her too much

4. OP
    OP
    Louise S

Louise SNew MemberMember

She had that big belly when i got her......also i figured out why shes loosing scales, we have a male betta and he was attacking her i watched him do it just now so I've moved her out of the tank....the store said they would be fine together however apparently not....just hoping she recovers

5. yinoma2001

yinoma2001Valued MemberMember

My male betta got hurt when my daughter accidentally put something in the water that cut the poor guy's head. He had a lot of scales missing and she was despondent and almost inconsolable.

However, I did lots of water changes and add a bunch of Indian Almond Leaves. Began seeing noticeable healing within a day. Within 1 week the cut was sealed and scales growing back. Now? You can't even tell he was badly hurt.

6. Rtessy

RtessyFishlore VIPMember

You absolutely CANNOT keep bettas together!
    Please answer the questions about your parameters, because it's probably got something to do with those. Please list your ammonia, nitrite, nitrate, and temperature

7. Iverg1

Iverg1Well Known MemberMember

You.can.not.do.that. Never under ANY circumstances Put two bettas together.It doesn’t matter that their two females or two males. You never put bettas together