Really dumb idea, but possibly interesting...

ForBettaorForWorse

So, I was moving stuff around in my planted tank, and noticed little tiny white things moving around. Instantly, I thought about how my betta fry could eat it. So, I grabbed my little fry holder that goes inside the aquarium. After noting the presence of little tiny white things, I scooped up seven betta fry, and put the in the holder. I have no idea what's going to happen, so I might have fry in the morning. I just wanted to try something.

veggieshark

Ok, you made me curious. What are you talking about?

ForBettaorForWorse

They were like little white specks that were moving around. I have no idea what they are.

JLAquatics

They were like little white specks that were moving around. I have no idea what they are.
By the way you describe the organisms as tiny white things, it makes me think they are possibly copepods or daphnia. These are both great foods for your fry and are completely harmless in your aquarium. For better identification, do you have a picture of them/how do they move in the water?

StarGirl

Following to see if a pic happens. Curious now too! ;)

ForBettaorForWorse

Alright, so my phone refused to focus on the tiny things, so I have a pic with specks.
They moved kinda jerk-i-ly (If that's a word or something)

Attachments

• 2C650ABB-8B3F-4B4B-8B33-E2E24E8485AD.jpg
    2C650ABB-8B3F-4B4B-8B33-E2E24E8485AD.jpg
    128.5 KB · Views: 13

StarGirl

Yeah they seem like some kind of Copepods. They are harmless and the fish will eat them.

ForBettaorForWorse

Cool! That's a fun surprise:)

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
BigManAquatics
Replies
Views
Demeter
Replies
Views
NearMeBettas