Really confused

1. j

jenema Valued Member Member

So I just witnessed the weirdest thing between my fish. I have 4 harlequin rasboras and an angelfish together in a 29g right now. The tank is just getting going, I planned to finish out my rasbora school but fell in love with this angel at my lfs. The angel will be moved to a larger tank soon. Anyway shortly after I get the these particles started coming off of my angelfish. I couldn't really tell what color they were because they were so small but they could have been white or clear. My rasboras went over to her and started eating the particles, my angel went after a few of them, and then it all stopped. No more particles and she hasn't paid any attention to the rasboras since. Does anyone have any idea what might have just happened??

Sent from my LGLS991 using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum mobile app

2. Aquarist

Aquarist Fishlore Legend Member

Bump!

Thanks!

Ken

3. oOBlueOo

oOBlueOo Well Known Member Member

Could be that the angel was going through stress from a new tank. How did you acclimate it?

4. M

MtnTiger Well Known Member Member

My guess is they were eggs and that she was going to breed at the LFS before you brought her home.

5. OP
    OP
    j

I floated her bag in the tank and added a few drops of the aquarium water every 10 minutes for about 2 hours

6. OP
    OP
    j

I thought that but she did it near the top of the tank, I figured she would do it on the rock that's in there if she was going too. But you could be right.