reality shows

Nags1965
anyone an addict?

American Idol is the only one I watch. I hear people talking about some of the other shows.. and I always think its something I would like to watch.. but when it comes right down to it.. I dont.

I know a few people that have it timed where they can watch or record most all of them LOL.. I call that obsessed..

I use to be a Fear Factor addict.. but after a while I got to where I couldnt stomach some of what they ate.. ACK!!

capekate
g'morning Nags
I'm not a reality show addict by no means. But there are a few that I have watched from time to time. If we can call Survivor a reality show, that is one that I can't wait for thursday to come around to watch. Ive watched that show for years and really enjoy it a lot.
I never really cared for American Idol, tho the few times that I have turned it on, I really enjoyed listening to the music. It must come on at a bad time, and I am missing it each week.
I remember Fear Factor, and your right.. after awhile it got pretty gross! ugghh... all that awful disgusting foods they had to eat. euuuuuu
Another reality show that I used to get a kick out of was 'wife swap'. that was pretty funny. CMT ( country music tv) has a reality show called 'spouse trade' ( I think that's the name of it) pretty much the same show and that is funny as well. Not that they are comedy shows, but the situations they find themselves in is pretty funny to me.
I never watched much of "Big Brother" but do turn it on the 'on demand' channel at times during the day if I want to sit in front of the tv, which doesn't happen too often. What a bunch of dysfunctional young adults that is! lol..
So that's about it for my watching reality shows!

Shawnie
I really got into "moment of truth" but they changed it onto a night I work..that was totally additing...

FL CommunityFans
I really got into "moment of truth" but they changed it onto a night I work..that was totally additing...

That show is HORRIBLE! The contestants AND the producers of the show should just .. well.. I won't say it.

but man, that show is just awful! Talk about ruining lives.

yes.. it's very addicting ;p

Shawnie
LOL it shows how greedy some people are for : ... sometimes I just and lets me know ive raised my girls proper...: isn't everything some of them sacrifice it for ....

Nags1965
I use to watch survivor.. but after the 3rd season I kinda lost interest. That moment of truth show... I watched it the very fist night it came on and decided it was to drawn out for me. I maybe southern (we are supposed to do everything slower) but I am NOT patient enough for all that drawn out drama. If I'm gonna watch someones life get messed up I wanna do it quickly so I can move on LOL. Heck's Kitchen is good but man that guy makes me nervous.. I can't cook a lick at anything so no way could I ever hold up under such a mean person.. There is a Big Brother that comes on HBO or Showtime or something like that.. and its pretty edgey which I like.. but I came in half way though the season and feel quite lost.

capekate
I use to watch survivor.. but after the 3rd season I kinda lost interest. That moment of truth show... I watched it the very fist night it came on and decided it was to drawn out for me. I maybe southern (we are supposed to do everything slower) but I am NOT patient enough for all that drawn out drama. If I'm gonna watch someones life get messed up I wanna do it quickly so I can move on LOL. Heck's Kitchen is good but man that guy makes me nervous.. I can't cook a lick at anything so no way could I ever hold up under such a mean person.. There is a Big Brother that comes on HBO or Showtime or something like that.. and its pretty edgey which I like.. but I came in half way though the season and feel quite lost.
Moment of truth... shows like that make me squirm in my seat. Bringing out the ugly in folks.. and hurting others is not my cup of tea. Hurting your spouse or family for the sake of the almighty dollar! I can't imagine it.
OOO that cooking show... OMG.. I agree, the man is a madman! Ive heard of 'sensitive' cooks.. but this is ridiculous~ He needs some valium and quickly!

Nags1965
Moment of truth... shows like that make me squirm in my seat. Bringing out the ugly in folks.. and hurting others is not my cup of tea. Hurting your spouse or family for the sake of the almighty dollar! I can't imagine it.
OOO that cooking show... OMG.. I agree, the man is a madman! Ive heard of 'sensitive' cooks.. but this is ridiculous~ He needs some valium and quickly!

I am some what leary of Moment of Truth. I have to wonder if its real? or scripted? I guess the same question could be asked of any reality show.

The guy on the cooking show? He needs way more then valium.. I'm thinking a good whack up side the head with a big ole iron skillet LOL

FL CommunityFans
We watched Heck's Kitchen last night. Was flipping hilarious. Wife and I were dying.

offminded
Ok...I am putting myself out there when I say this. I like the Housewives of New York and Housewives of Orange County...those are the ones that I hate to admit, but they are intriguing. I really like Top Chef, Heck's Kitchen, and Ramsey's Kitchen Nightmares...does ESPN count as reality?

Nags1965
Ok...I am putting myself out there when I say this. I like the Housewives of New York and Housewives of Orange County...those are the ones that I hate to admit, but they are intriguing. I really like Top Chef, Heck's Kitchen, and Ramsey's Kitchen Nightmares...does ESPN count as reality?

Hmmm... I don't know about these housewives shows. Is it like Desperate housewives?

ESPN is not reality ... is it?

Nags1965
I know daytime tv isn't reality shows.. but I totally dig this Ellen show. She is a hoot

sirdarksol
I love Chef Gordon Ramsey's show. My wife and I sit in absolute disbelief at how stupid people can be. Chef Ramsey is awesome.

Nags1965
I love Chef Gordon Ramsey's show. My wife and I sit in absolute disbelief at how stupid people can be. Chef Ramsey is awesome.

Is he mean like the other guy from Heck's Kitchen?

sirdarksol
Chef Ramsey (Ramsay, maybe? Can't remember the spelling) is the Chef from the show you are referring to, which has a word in it that isn't allowed on the forum. That's why I called it Chef Ramsey's show.

Nags1965
Chef Ramsey (Ramsay, maybe? Can't remember the spelling) is the Chef from the show you are referring to, which has a word in it that isn't allowed on the forum. That's why I called it Chef Ramsey's show.

ahhhh Ok.. I wasn't sure if that was allowed due to it being the name of something and not said to be mean..

Sorry.. I think I named it some where else as well.

sirdarksol
No problem. Hunted down and edited. I was wondering if it would be okay, myself, but figured it's better to be safe than sorry. We have a really wide range of users on here, and we don't want a ten-year-old get told he/she can't go to the forum anymore because the parents don't want the kid exposed to language. It's the parent's right (and duty, if that's the way they feel). Best to not make such a decision needed.

Nags1965
No problem. Hunted down and edited. I was wondering if it would be okay, myself, but figured it's better to be safe than sorry. We have a really wide range of users on here, and we don't want a ten-year-old get told he/she can't go to the forum anymore because the parents don't want the kid exposed to language. It's the parent's right (and duty, if that's the way they feel). Best to not make such a decision needed.

I forget.. I don't have any little ones.. my little one is 20..

sirdarksol
Heh.
Anyway, I know that Chef Ramsey is just insane, but at the same time, when you see the people he's working with, it seems kind of justified.
And when people are doing right, they get praise. At least he's not a total monster (though still a bad management type)

kra-z-fishmumm
Chef R. show is a hoot. I can't imagine eating some of the food that is sent out!!! lol I use to watch the wife swap show, but that got a little stupid at times. I love watching the show where they build the homes for ppl. (can't think of it for anything!) who have rough times. It is always nice seeing others get help.

Nags1965
I am not good to stick with a show long enough (other then AI) to really know what they are all about. The cooking show guy makes me cringe as does judge judy LOL..

anyway.. I think the wife swap shows might be fun to watch. I have seen snippits of those shows and they seem really funny. That nanny show can be fun to watch with the right group of kids ;D

I am NOT a paris hilton fan.. but that show were she and that other girl were on the farm was a HOOT.

capekate
Chef R. show is a hoot. I can't imagine eating some of the food that is sent out!!! lol I use to watch the wife swap show, but that got a little stupid at times. I love watching the show where they build the homes for ppl. (can't think of it for anything!) who have rough times. It is always nice seeing others get help.

Ahhh yes... Extreme Makeover... that is a great show. I agree, its nice to see the shows where they do something for others that have had rough times. That show always makes me cry! But.. a happy cry!

Nags1965
Ahhh yes... Extreme Makeover... that is a great show. I agree, its nice to see the shows where they do something for others that have had rough times. That show always makes me cry! But.. a happy cry!

Is that the show that went in and built a whole community for people in NO after Katrina hit?

offminded
I think you guys need to check out the original housewives of new york...these families are totally wealthy and act like complete snobs because they have cash...

Nags1965
I think you guys need to check out the original housewives of new york...these families are totally wealthy and act like complete snobs because they have cash...

what network?

offminded
top chef and the original housewives are on bravo...two of my favorite shows

Nags1965
top chef and the original housewives are on bravo...two of my favorite shows

I get Bravo.. Ill look em up and give em a peek

offminded
yes...please do and let me know what you think

Nags1965
yes...please do and let me know what you think

Yer gonna get a hand slap if they stink LOL

mlinden84
Ok...I am putting myself out there when I say this. I like the Housewives of New York and Housewives of Orange County...those are the ones that I hate to admit, but they are intriguing.

I've become addicted to both shows... they're so funny to see the things they can't "live" without!

I'm also a HUGE fan of Jon and Kate Plus 8

Nags1965
I've become addicted to both shows... they're so funny to see the things they can't "live" without!

I'm also a HUGE fan of Jon and Kate Plus 8

What is the name of the show with KI'm Kardashian <sp?>

I read a lot about that show in the rag mags.. Yes.. I do peek when standing in the slow check out lane of wal mart

mlinden84
What is the name of the show with KI'm Kardashian <sp?>

I read a lot about that show in the rag mags.. Yes.. I do peek when standing in the slow check out lane of wal mart

?? Who is KI'm Kardashian?

capekate
The show is called "keeping up with the Kardashians". KI'm is the wife of Bruce Jenner who used to be a Olympic champion swimmer back in the day.
The Kardashian kids are I believe, three daughters and one son. Most of them are from Kims first husband who had to do with directing movies etc.
Why they ever had a reality show about them.. I'll never know!

My favorite 'family' reality show has to be Gene Simmons, family jewels. I think its great! ;D I was totally shocked after watching it to find this famous ole time rocker was really a true business man at heart and very straight laced with his two kids, who its a pleasure to see are pretty darn normal, not spoiled and have good heads on their shoulders. ;D

Shawnie
OMG kate I saw that a cpl weeks ago for the first time...I LOVE IT ALSO...hes such a hoot...and I loved the one where skippy went missing..he was soooooooooo distraught over his doggie....

capekate
LOL... yep! Skippy... toooo funny. Did you know that you can go to 'on demand' on your cable box and watch all the episodes that you have missed?
Its great! ;D

ok.... now I'm off to finish watching 'the game'...

Angela_96
The only reality show I can get into is American Idol... I really think that one day Jericho will be a "reality" they should have continued the show....
I am more into House, they actually use real cases from medical journals which being in the healthcare feild I really get into....
I might watch "biggest loser" because my fav days of our lives star is hosting it this season.... I doubt I will get into it...

Nags1965
wow.. I am amazed at just how many reality shows there are. It seems everyone either has a reality show or has had one. I use to watch the one with Ozzy and his family. It was funny but annoying.. I can't remember what network it was on.. but they bleeped out every other word LOL and that got a bit old after a while.

I saw one gene simmons show.. but.. it can't be discussed on a family website LOL.

Bruce Jenner was on the View discussing that show he has with his blended family.. I guess I didnt realize it was that "Keeping up with the Kardashians" show LOL.. I take it they are spoiled kids as well..

COBettaCouple
Our TV is for sports. Otherwise, the fish tanks or a DVD are more interesting to watch with the loss of Heroes and Jericho.

Why they're called "reality" shows I'm not sure - they don't seem very real and I find them as much fun as scraping a chalkboard with nails.

sirdarksol
Our TV is for sports. Otherwise, the fish tanks or a DVD are more interesting to watch with the loss of Heroes and Jericho.

Why they're called "reality" shows I'm not sure - they don't seem very real and I find them as much fun as scraping a chalkboard with nails.

You're kidding me. They got rid of Heroes??? Why for the love of criminy would they get rid of Heroes???

As for Jericho, I remember they brought it back when there was a huge outcry for it being taken off the air the first time.

COBettaCouple
The lower ratings in season 2 and the greedy writers strike killed Heroes. As for Jericho - CBS did bring it back, but put it on in a time spot that's a death sentence. They didn't want it to make it. I just hope that ScifI channel can buy and continue the series. It will get better treatment there than on the -broadcasting-system.
You're kidding me. They got rid of Heroes??? Why for the love of criminy would they get rid of Heroes???

As for Jericho, I remember they brought it back when there was a huge outcry for it being taken off the air the first time.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Awaken_Riceball_
Replies
Views
Broggy
Replies
Views
kinezumi89
Replies
Views