Ready To Tear Dwarf Sag Out...

Discussion in 'Aquarium Plants' started by Fahn, Apr 18, 2017.

1. Fahn

Fahn Fishlore VIP Member

I've tried everything. Root tabs. Macro dosing. Micro dosing. Increased CO2. High light.

Yet my dwarf sag carpet continues to melt and look like absolute garbage. I'm ready to tear it out and try something else. The sag is either melting, or growing tons of pale, sickly runners.

Lights on 6 hours a day, as is CO2. I stopped macro dosing because I kept getting nitrate spikes. Nitrates are currently 20-30 ppm. I dose trace once a week. pH is buffered by substrate to be approximately 6.7, is currently 7.2 with crushed coral in canister.

Why can't I grow this plant? Other plants seem to do fine (although my Aponogeton is getting holes in the leaves for some reason). I've struggled with this plant for months. Growth is rapid but looks ugly and melting is widespread.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Coradee

Coradee Moderator Moderator Member

Giving this a bump up for you

3. -Mak-

-Mak- Well Known Member Member

How much flow do you have going by them?
    You might also want to take a look at this:

4. OP
    OP
    Fahn

Fahn Fishlore VIP Member

I have what I believe to be adequate flow in the tank. I have my CO2 being pumped out by a 525 gph canister through a diffuser and also the spray bar of my 284 gph canister situated at roughly a 90° angle to it (the idea being to circulate a current around the entire tank). Flow is heavier on the right side of the tank but the growth of the dwarf sag doesn't reflect this.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice