Re using waste water Question

1. smee82 Well Known Member Member

I was just wondering if it would be possible to clean the waste water after a water change and reuse it in your fish tank at a later date? Its Just an idle thought that i had after doing a water change earlier today.

2. blusshed Well Known Member Member

My "reuse" is watering my porch planters.

i personally wouldn't want to put the old tank water back, and IMO it'd be really difficult to "clean"?

3. Jim Well Known Member Member

Good question, especially during water shortages. You can filter the DETRIUS but how would you filter out the impurities and microscopic bad organisms? Maybe more thoughtful mines will drop by.

4. smee82 Well Known Member Member

I also use my waste water to water my house plants its full of goodies in it especially with all the ferts i add throughout the week.

I was thinking you could use something like a RO unit but im not sure how you could force the water through unless you had something where it could filter downwards.

I Hate being sick i always have weird random thoughts and my brain isnt working well enough to process them.

5. psalm18.2 Fishlore Legend Member

I have seen this question asked before. Let me use my brain and see if I can find it.

6. Marie1 Well Known Member Member

Like some others, I water plants with some of mine. The rest goes down the drain. Even if there was a way to purify it for use, I wouldn't have any place to store it.