Re: This is a great site

1. sHARON mITCHELL Initiate Member

i have a 55 gal tank for 9 mos. with 3 silver dollar fish.they are 10 yrs old . i bought two discus. the larger discus is very aggressive and i had to remove the smaller one from the tank. the smaller one is now in a 10 gal. i would like to have more discus but i don't think the aggressive discus in the large tank would allow it. i also have four gromus fish in the 55 gal. and the silver dollars they do fight among them self but my large discus even rules them, but he do not mess with the gromus fish o can i put s mall discus with my smaller discus fish in the 10 gal tank. he has been alone for about 4 months and seem happy. i don't if he will become aggressive or not. please help. thanks sharon

2. Jason Well Known Member Member

I dont think you should put anything else with the other discus in the 10gal and shouldn't stay in such a small tank as discus like larger tanks but if he's still small I guess it'd be ok 4 now but 4 the long term he'll have to move

3. discus guy Initiate Member

i have 8 discus in a 72 bow with a 405 ehiem and it works really well plus i have cardinal tetras and a golden nugget pleco and my tanks is flourishing