Re-populating after the extinction

hockeyref88
As some of you may know I lost almost half my tank of Africans last week. Everything is back to normal for the last few days so I am starting to re populate. God I didn't realize how much $$ in fish I had in there until I started to buy again today. These 2 catfish I had alone were worth at least $ 50.00 each. I had to settle for some about 1/3 the size for $25.00 each........But oh well, Live and learn. Of course the cichlids arn't that expensive but still it was a good $150.00 in fish.................or 1 tank of gas for my gas hog of a truck.

Shawnie
GOT PICS ;d

and again, I'm sorry for the loss

hockeyref88
GOT PICS ;d

Thanks

No pic's yet but I'll work on it...............When I add fish to this tank I usually leave the lights off for a few hours so everyone can settle in without getting bullied. It normally goes pretty good, however there was quite a squabble this time for whatever reason, but they have finally settled in. I'll try to take some tonight.

Shawnie
you know us women fishlorians are demanding ;D

Lucy
Who? Us?

Seriously, though, your loss was terrible.

I'm glad you're re-stocking, your tanks always look great.

hockeyref88

Its all good Shawnie...............You know the saying can't live with um, can't live without them

Who? Us?

Seriously, though, your loss was terrible.

I'm glad you're re-stocking, your tanks always look great.

Tanks Lucy (I have to try to laugh about it at this point) I appreciate it. I have to re-stock...............Its half empty.

Shawnie
Its all good Shawnie...............You know the saying can't live with um, can't live without them

nor can you bury them in the backyard, the dog always digs em up

hockeyref88
nor can you bury them in the backyard, the dog always digs em up

Are you kidding me??,........................I think she's ready to bury me

Shawnie
hahahaha...its just a phase...we have those moments often

hockeyref88
hahahaha...its just a phase...we have those moments often

I know...........That's why I married her...........She is the best..Ain't none of us perfect.

Shawnie
to you both...you are such an inspiraton!! (for once I'm being serious)

hockeyref88
to you both...you are such an inspiraton!! (for once I'm being serious)

Oh come on stop it...............Now I'm blushing. Its nice of you to say but in all actuality we feel very fortunate to found each other so late in life. Funny thing is we both would only accept a complete and total animal lover.

Shawnie
Ive been down the "yellow brick road" ... I think the wizard scared me away LOL

but........you both are very fortunate and lucky!!!...I'm glad you two joined fishlore and became such great friends

hockeyref88
Ive been down the "yellow brick road" ... I think the wizard scared me away LOL

but........you both are very fortunate and lucky!!!...I'm glad you two joined fishlore and became such great friends

We feel the same way about you and Karen and Rose and Lucy and...........well everybody on here really.........we wish ya all live here near us.

Lucy
Aww, thanks, I feel the same way about you guys.

MinxMermaid
Thanks

No pic's yet but I'll work on it...............When I add fish to this tank I usually leave the lights off for a few hours so everyone can settle in without getting bullied. It normally goes pretty good, however there was quite a squabble this time for whatever reason, but they have finally settled in. I'll try to take some tonight.

hahahahaha to pictures of chiclids
they swim 1000 miles an hour....IMPOSSIBLE to get pics without a hi-speed lens.

Shawnie
videos are great also..and widely accepted ;D

hockeyref88
GOT PICS ;d

So Shawnie......How do I add you tude video of my cichlid tank??

OK lets see Let's try this

MinxMermaid
wow, pretty cool! you never cease to impress me!!

Shawnie
great job rick!!!!!!! take a bow...you figured it out!

I love the tank and its beautious fish....

thanks for sharing!

hockeyref88
wow, pretty cool! you never cease to impress me!!

Thanks babe...Your bias but I'll take it. Video of these speedy little dudes is definitely easier.

great job rick!!!!!!! take a bow...you figured it out!

I love the tank and its beautious fish....

thanks for sharing!

Thanks Shawnie.

Lucy
Very cool video, Rick. Thanks for posting it, I really enjoyed it.

Shawnie
how do I become a babe? :;bb
Thanks babe...Your bias but I'll take it. Video of these speedy little dudes is definitely easier.

Thanks Shawnie.

hockeyref88
how do I become a babe? :;bb

Shawnie we think the world of you and Karen and so many others on here but............................Babe status is reserved for my one and only. Besides you are your BF's babe right?

Wolfgang8810
I'm sorry for your loss. It could be worse! It could be Saltwater. Where you pay 80 bucks for a 3 inch fish. Best wishes.

ThisGuy
Nice video and good choice of music

hockeyref88
I'm sorry for your loss. It could be worse! It could be Saltwater. Where you pay 80 bucks for a 3 inch fish. Best wishes.

Thanks...........Its really not so much the money.Its what I did to the tank to cause this. When I go buy fish normally, I really don't even think about how much I spend. But when I have to replace fish that I've raised It becomes much clearer as far as cost.

Thanks dude.

My wife hated the choice of music.............

ThisGuy
My wife hated the choice of music.............

Then she must not appreciate good music

Shawnie
Shawnie we think the world of you and Karen and so many others on here but............................Babe status is reserved for my one and only. Besides you are your BF's babe right?

OK OK ..that's good enuf and I love u guys also!

MinxMermaid

I like DANCE music with a BEAT, like disco!

FORGET THAT ROCK NOISE!!!!

hockeyref88
I like DANCE music with a BEAT, like disco!

FORGET THAT ROCK NOISE!!!!

See its like you said bro..............She does not appreciate good music.

Shawnie
boys boys boys!!

you better play nice, or we will take OUR toys and leave the sandbox! ;D

hockeyref88
boys boys boys!!

Shawnie

:;b;D

ThisGuy
See its like you said bro..............She does not appreciate good music.

Haha I just showed the video to my better half and the first thing she said was "Can you turn that down". No appreciation of good music

boys boys boys!!

That's no fun you have all the good toys

hockeyref88
I get the "can you turn that down" speech every time she gets into my truck and there's music playing............But its OK to blast her disco junk............

ThisGuy
I get the "can you turn that down" speech every time she gets into my truck and there's music playing............But its OK to blast her disco junk............

Haha that's what my better half listens to.... The dance mix stuff.... I am training her to like better music though, I have taken her to see the police, pink floyd, Metallica and a bunch of other bands she is coming around slowly.

hockeyref88
Haha that's what my better half listens to.... The dance mix stuff.... I am training her to like better music though, I have taken her to see the police, pink floyd, Metallica and a bunch of other bands she is coming around slowly.

Lucky you bro......................I would have to drug my wife and drag her kicking and screaming...............Probably some kind of pay would be envolved too. Basically it just won't ever happen............No worries though. Its not like I'll be going to any disco gigs anytime soon.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
robdawg
Replies
Views
KBoot
Replies
Views
86 ssinit
  • Question
Replies