Re joined after a break from fish keeping

1. Picksea Initiate Member

Hey! I've been a member here before (I remember neither my login or password) and decided to rejoin after starting to keep fish again.

I had to give up my tanks because I went through a bad breakup and ended up being between places for a while. With such instability, one can't really keep a fish tank on the streets.

But fast forward to about 3 years later and I'm up and running tanks again! Hooray!

We've been keeping some tiger barbs (so cool they change colour all the time!) and a pleco for about 6 months with no issues.

We were very recently given a 30 gallon tank with an Angel, originally 8 neon tetras and a red tetra, 2 black tetras and a SAE. Also 2 platys and a guppy.

We have lost the guppy, a platy and a neon in the move due to stress, water conditions taking a turn for the worst, (I'm surprised we only lost one from that) and one got himself wedged in the tiny space between the filter sponge and the side of the tank. And my poor angel has a bad case of Camallanus Worms, to which I will soon be ending his suffering.

I'm actually kind of angry about this situation. The neons had either fin rot or cotton mouth, and the angel already had the worms when we got him. The guy we got them from had to have known, but didn't say anything. While the set up and fish were free, it's costing me a pretty penny to treat them. I'm ordering levamisole on payday, but it won't come in time to save my Angel. (he's a chocolate and so I have named him Count Chocula)

I will be ridding my tank of this evil plague, no doubts there. And hope to one day have angels again. I have wanted them since I had my old tanks, and feel I am now more prepared for what's to come.

If you're still reading this, thanks! I know it was bit long, but hopefully has summed it up briefly enough.

Your new friend in fishies

2. Coradee Moderator Moderator Member

Welcome back :)

3. chloep123 Member Member

Welcome back from me too

4. Dragones5150918 Well Known Member Member

Welcome back!

5. Sarah73 Fishlore VIP Member

Welcome back!:)

6. Platylover Fishlore VIP Member

Welcome back! I'm sorry you had to lose all your fish tanks and about what's going on with one of your current tanks. I hope all ends well and if you need help you know where to go.:)

7. Anders247 Fishlore Legend Member

Welcome back to fishlore!

8. Picksea Initiate Member

Thanks! It's been a rough week. I thought things would be OK, but sadly, I've had to euthanize Count Chocula. No one else seems to be affected by the parasite so far, so I'm hopeful. It's all tetras, anyway and the platy, and SAE. I will be monitoring.