re guppy (female

Discussion in 'Guppy' started by wane1680, Apr 7, 2010.

1. w

wane1680 New Member Member

hi i am new to this game i got a guppy staying at the bottom of my tank for about 30 mins then swims as normal eats etc but then after a shourt period look again shes back at the bottom again any ideas wot could be wrong water readings are ph 7.6 ammonnia 0 nirate 0 nitrite 0

2. Meenu

Meenu Fishlore VIP Member

she might be stressed from being in an uncycled tank...

3. Zenial

Zenial Valued Member Member

Hi Wane1680 welcome to fishlore :)

Sorry to hear your guppy isn't feeling very well.

I went back over your other posts, it did sounds like you put your aquarium together in a hurry. This now means you have to cycle your tank with fish in it, which can be very hard and yes, it can stress your fish. So, you've started your tank in late March? It can take up to 10 weeks to develop a well cycled tank sometimes.

So what to do about your little guppy? You might want to do water changes more regularly to decrease ammonia. There's probably more you can try, but you'll have to wait for the advice of others.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2010
  4. upgrade

upgrade Valued Member Member

As meenu said your tank is not cycled, trust me we have all been down (some still going down) this road.

Try reading the cycle guide for better understanding here: https://www.fishlore.com/NitrogenCycle.htm

It might take a few look overs till it starts to make sense.

Good Luck!

Last edited: Apr 8, 2010
  5. OP
    OP
    w

wane1680 New Member Member

thanks for all the replies they have been a great help but sadly she was at the top when i came home this evening

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice