Re-decorating tank

Gwenz

Well Known Member
Reaction score
I'm going to be redecorating my 15gallon tank over the summer holidays and just thought I'd post some pictures of what it is like now and then when I've finished I'll post some pictures for you to see what it's like after I've changed it. It will kind of be like a Before and After type of thing.

Gwenz

This is what it is like now :
(This was taken a while back and the leaves of the two Vellisneria plants are now floating of the surface of the water as they have grown so much)

hopesmom

Valued Member
Reaction score
oh good! I love before/after shots! wish I had a camera... :
Denise

Isabella

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Whatever it will be like AFTER, I like the way it looks NOW too

Gwenz

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Thanks Isabella. I like the way it is now too, but I saw how my lfs had my tank set up (they have the same tank as me set up in the corner with guppies) and thought theirs looked realy nice and that I could maybe make mine look similar to theirs. Also, my Neons sometimes swim near the back of the tank as if trying to hide from something, so I thought I'd give them more hiding places and plants and things, because I've heard neons like a lot of plants.

I've changed half the gravel to a different colour yesterday. It looks a bit odd but I'm sure it will look better when I've added some more rocks and plants. My neons coulors stand out a lot on the new gravel.

Gwenz

friend_o_fish

Reaction score
I like the way it looks now too. It looks very relaxing and soothing. If I were you I would go with a all natural look if I were redecorating because I think it looks nicer and it is a better habitat for the fish and they are less stressed and out and about more.
friend_o_fish

Isabella

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
That's right. Neons do love a lot of hiding places. While my neons often swim freely around the tank, they spend most of the time hiding among plants and driftwood.

Gwenz

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Well I have an air stone and air pump now. I bought them yesterday and tested them in a bucket of water. I will put it in the tank later after I have done a water change. I will take a pic of the tank so far and post it later.

It doesn't have the rocks or the plants that I want in there yet, but it's getting there.

Gwenz

Gwenz

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Here are some pics of the tank so far.

Gwenz

fish_r_friend

Well Known Member
Reaction score
very nice

lokky.funky

Valued Member
Reaction score
looks great

would love to see your tank fully filled with the blue gravel

but thats definitely going to take time.. hah?

Joe G

Valued Member
Reaction score
love the neon's.

hopesmom

Valued Member
Reaction score
looking good! I like the rock that they can swim thru! My fishies don't have any tunnels or fun stuff yet! thanks for the pics, I get good ideas from you (and everyone) that way.
Denise

what are the tall skinny plants called? they are real, right? if so, are they easy to keep alive? thanks!

Gwenz

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Hi, The plants at the back are real and are called Vellisneria Spirals. They are realy easy to keep alive, but as you can see they grow quite big and most of the leaves are floating on the surface of the water because they are so tall, but, IMO, it looks kind of cool.

https://www.fishlore.com/Plants-Vallisneria.htm

Here it says, "Requires a well lighted tank - usually 50 watts per 25 gallons", but my tank only has 1 WPG (Watt per Gallon) and they do fine. ;D (My tank is 15gallons, and I have a 15W fluorescant bulb).

They plant in the middle of the tank is a fake plant. It is a silk plant. I prefer silk plants to plastic ones as they look more real.

Hope this helps

Gwenz

hopesmom

Valued Member
Reaction score
thanks Gwenz!

Gwenz

Well Known Member
Reaction score
No problem! ;D

Gwenz

Craig

Well Known Member
Reaction score
lol looks really good!!! lovin the blue gravel u shud hav got sum red in there though lol!!

C W

chickadee

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I love it and really like the idea of different colors of gravel floors. The rock with the hole is almost like one of mine (not in service right now but soon to be) and I love it. The fish seem to really seem comfortable to it and like to be there. It really looks nice and you should be very proud of it. You will never regret the airpump and airstone either. Fish do seem to love them.

Rose

LilaBean

Valued Member
Reaction score
your blue stone tank is absolutely beautiful-- really like it!! LILA

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom