Re-aquascaping aquariums.

ranga97

Hello fishlore!
I am about to "re-aquascape" my aquarium although I don't know where I can house my fish for the hour or two that it takes me. Also should I use some of the old water to start with?

bassbonediva

How much of a rescape are you going to do? If you're doing a complete overhaul, fill a 5gal bucket (or as many of them as you need for the number and types of fish you have...I'd need at least two if I was to do my 55gal tank) with your old aquarium water, put a bubble stone in it and then add your fish. Also make sure to put the media from your filter into the bucket to keep the beneficial bacteria alive. If you're just moving a few things around in the tank, don't bother taking the fish out. They'll be fine while you work in the tank.

ranga97

I do need to remove the fish as I have To move everything out to reduce to crowdness

Nutter

I just use buckets myself. Fill them with water from the tank then move the filter & heater to them. Transfer the fish to the buckets & cover them with an old towel. Once your done with your aquascaping you can transfer the filter & heater back, giving the tank time to reach the proper temperature. Then you can move the fish back in. Keep a close eye on the water quality for the first week or so after doing major work inside any tank to make sure that nothing weird is happening.

ranga97

Good news, I finished!
I didn't need to remove the fish after all. And I just moved my air curtian and driftwood. Looks much better now

abc123d30

Where's the pics???

ranga97

Oh... Right
soon...

Latest threads

Top Bottom