Rcs temp

Demeter

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
If it’s a shrimp only tank then low to mid 70’s is good. I keep a nano/invert tank with lots if cherries and that tank is at ~80F.

JettsPapa

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Everything I've read says that higher temperatures will accelerate their life cycle, so while they'll live in the low 80's, they won't live as long as when the temperature is around 10 degrees cooler.

OP
idkausernamesoyeah

idkausernamesoyeah

Well Known
Reaction score
JettsPapa said:
Everything I've read says that higher temperatures will accelerate their life cycle, so while they'll live in the low 80's, they won't live as long as when the temperature is around 10 degrees cooler.
but would they be happy in a 78?

Hap

Reaction score
For months I kept the temp at 68F (20C). It didn't seem to affect the breeding but I hardly saw any shrimp being too active.

I raised the temp to 72F (22C) & was amazed at how much more active they became. They were constantly out in the open grazing & just generally more active.

barbiespoodle

Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I've also heard that higher temps accelerate their life cycle. I've lowered my shrimp tank to 75.5 degrees F. My shrimp are very active and breeding. Since I started this tank in the 80's degree F, I think that's why I lost my original stock sooner than I thought I should. I will be watching to see if the babies from those first ones live longer longer than their parents and if the females berry more than once, still new at this, it's still a learning experience as I go.

Inner10

Well Known
Reaction score
I've kept them from 71-78 didn't notice any behavior difference.

Sputnik

Reaction score
Experience
3 years
I keep mine at around 74 or 75 degrees Fahrenheit- they do fine and breed, albeit more slowly than at higher temperatures ( which is what I want!)

JettsPapa

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Sputnik said:
I keep mine at around 74 or 75 degrees Fahrenheit- they do fine and breed, albeit more slowly than at higher temperatures ( which is what I want!)
I don't have a heater in my shrimp tank, so the temperature is whatever my thermostat for the heating and cooling is set at; generally 72° in warm weather and 68° when the heat is on in the house.

New Threads