RCS Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tigerfishy

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
I'm looking to get some red cherry shrimp as a little clean up crew and they look lovely too!

Naturally, I have been doing some research on them, and came across another forum during my search. This forum said that they are so sensitive to any type of chemicals that this person does not even use any water conditioner, they just let it age instead. Of course, this seems a little excessive, so I would just like some input here.

Of course I know they are sensitive to any medications and copper and things, but water conditioner??

I'm not convinced by this person's view, but anyone with RCS that can back up my thinking or agree with the above statement would be appreciated as usual!

sirdarksol

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
I cannot let my water age. My water is treated with chloramine, so I have to use water conditioners. I have two separate colonies of cherry shrimp (one red, one that has reverted to its natural coloring due to cross-breeding) that are doing extremely well. One has been around for a couple of years, the other a couple of months.

platy ben

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I agree with SDS, my shrimp tanks water is conditioned and they are all thriving

Tigerfishy

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
That's what I thought! Thanks guys, I knew that couldn't have been the most accurate info I could find.

And ben, I'm still researching those bamboo shrimp, but not sure I can get them anywhere in my area so far

platy ben

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Hmm, maybe you could check ebay. Thats where I got my cherrys from and they handle shipping quite well aslong as they have something to hold on to in the bag (mine had a piece of filter media), otherwise they slip and slide around trying to hold on to the bag which stresses them a lot.

Tigerfishy

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Yea, I can get RCS there, no bamboo shrimp. I can get RCS 2 mins down the road from me, and I can get some moss and hide it within a shipwreck decor thing in my tank so they can go in there to hide and moult, and the moss will prevent my other fish getting in if I place it just right. I should manage with the RCS.

I can imagine the poor little things trying to grab the bag frustrated lol!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom