RCS or cardinal tetra next?

1. AndyVE Member Member

Hi all,
    since 4 days i have 4 cory's trilineatus and they seem to be very happy (swim a lot with each other...ussally in pair of 2 or 3) and rest for a short bit and scoop the soil).
    Should i add two more?

My plan is to eventually also add a dozen RCS and also a dozen cardinal tetra.
    Have a 33 gal. tank filled with live plants, spider woud and some caves.
    But am wondering of these two to add first? (Tetra maybe in two steps 6+6)

The RCS i can buy are like 1cm so was thinking it is better to get tem first so they have more luck to grow a bit taller first and survive?

The water in my tank
    pH 6,5
    kH 4
    gH 6 or 7
    NO2 0
    NO3 10
    And around 26C (without the heather on at the moment due to summer...can get to 28-29).
    would maintain it at around 24 the rest of the year...

2. TJBender Well Known Member Member

In my experience, cories love RCS. You know, as a snack.

3. AndyVE Member Member

[​IMG]

4. Coradee Moderator Moderator Member

Yes, get a few more corys they do much better in larger groups.
    I have shrimp in all my cory tanks & they ignore them, the shrimp will even steal pellets off them.
    I'd add the shrimp next to give them time to find all the hiding places before adding the tetras

5. AndyVE Member Member

Hi Coradee,
    thanks for the advice. That was my plan but wanted to check if it was a good idea.
    any suggestion about how many i should start with.

Think i might add two more cory trilineatus, So would have 6.

would i add 10 RSC?
    aldo if i can follow the internet correctly you cannot mix them with the blue ones in the same thank?

6. Coradee Moderator Moderator Member

Cherry shrimp are quite prolific breeders once they get going so 10-12 would be a good number to start with.
    If you mean blue pearl shrimp then no don't put them in with cherries as they'll interbreed & you'll end up with very drab coloured shrimp