RCS and Ghost Shrimp...can they get along?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaysee

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I imagine adult ghost shrimp could eat baby cherry shrimp, and possibly adults, though the former is much more likely than the latter.

Kunsthure

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Ghost shrimp aren't great roomies for other kinds of dwarf shrimp. Luckily, there's no risk of crossbreeding but they do like to eat other shrimp.

Do you already have ghost shrimp? If not, I'd recommend not getting them. They are more often bred as food and therefore little care is put into genetics and long-term health. Plus you'd be taking a big risk mixing ghosts with any other kind of dwarf shrimp but you can keep more than one kind of dwarf shrimp as long as you're careful not to get shrimp that can crossbreed.

-Lisa

OP
BigOlePappy

BigOlePappy

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Random interjection. Today I was at Petco and I saw the Ghost shrimp tank and all of the shrimps were lined up in rows looking in the same direction like a military formation. One of the employees even noticed how weird it was. Totally strange!!!!

Jaysee

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Random interjection. Today I was at Petco and I saw the Ghost shrimp tank and all of the shrimps were lined up in rows looking in the same direction like a military formation. One of the employees even noticed how weird it was. Totally strange!!!!
That IS weird. Battle formations?

OP
BigOlePappy

BigOlePappy

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Thats really what it looked like and I'm not making it up. I won't say ALL were lined up in the same direction but at least 80 percent in a tank of 30-40+ shrimp were and thats a lot.

Kunsthure

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
You can get a dozen RCS on AquaBid for less than $15 shipped.

And see, you can't trust those ghosts, they were practicing for their quest of world domination.

-Lisa

hyun007

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I bet they will.
Had a ghost shrimp and it took out 3 of my baby Rosy barb which are about 2.5-3cm.

If you want baby RCS, then it is advisable not to have it with ghost shrimp.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Toggle Sidebar

UV Sterilizers Worth It?

• Yes

Votes: 24 23.1%
  • No

Votes: 9 8.7%
  • IDK - never used one before

Votes: 71 68.3%

Top Bottom