Rbta

timmehvl

This has been in my tank for 4 days how does it look water is great 3 month old tank clownfish won't touch it lol
20190415_210752.jpg

Culprit

Well for one thing what type are your clownfish? Are they occelaris or percula? If they're not maroons or skunks it is not natural for them to host. Especially if they're aquacultured like they probably are they have no idea. People try and try and try for years and they sometimes never have them host. Also, your anenome is far too small, they make take more interest in it in a few months when its big enough for them to host. Big enough is normally 3-4 inches.

timmehvl

Ahh thank you sir just occelaris yeh I kinda gathered that with the type of fish and anemone and no offence you can't tell me a clown fish won't host a anemone because its captive breed that's cods whollip how long have clown fish been in the ocean ? You can't breed it out of them in 20-30 years they all come from the ocean.. so I don't believe that and I only wanted to know how my anemone is

But I do understand that only certain clown fish will host certain anemones

Jesterrace

Ahh thank you sir just occelaris yeh I kinda gathered that with the type of fish and anemone and no offence you can't tell me a clown fish won't host a anemone because its captive breed that's cods whollip how long have clown fish been in the ocean ? You can't breed it out of them in 20-30 years they all come from the ocean.. so I don't believe that and I only wanted to know how my anemone is

But I do understand that only certain clown fish will host certain anemones

The thing to understand is that clownfish are generations removed from the ocean at this point as captive breeding for occ clowns has been going on for decades. Because they are used to breeding pools sans 'nems they have generally never even seen one until they are purchased and someone tries to get them to form a symbiotic relationship with one. This is why captive bred clowns often have to be trained. It's kind of like taking someone who has grown up their entire life in the city glued to a computer and then taking them out in the wilderness and dumping them off with a bow and arrow and telling them to go hunt and survive on their own. Will they eventually figure it out? Possibly, but it will take time and motivation from hunger for them to develop a skill that was commonplace hundreds of years ago.

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
Replies
Views
Fishproblem
Replies
Views
billyboy2
Replies
Views
bulldog
Replies