RBS Get Too Big for My Tank? Question

1. VenomGrass Member Member

I only have a 16.4Gal (63Li). The fish will easilly outgrow my tank. I didnt know thisat the time of purchase being new and not researching each fish. I didnt plan to get it, the LFS owner told me they are good to have..

Anyway I had it over a week now and I'm concerned. How do I get rid of it; will the LFS accept it back or should I look for local people who may want it?

:;thx

2. Shawnie Fishlore Legend Member

call your LFS and ask them if they will take him back...sometimes you have to GIVE it for free as they have so many days to return for credit....

3. VenomGrass Member Member

What should I say. She is going to grow too big for my tank? They will think I'am stupid for not researching the fish prior to purchase. :(

4. Shawnie Fishlore Legend Member

ask them why THEY sold you a fish that wouldnt be happy in the size tank you have? THEY should know better...did they know what size tank your rbs was going into and what other fish ? did they sell you all those fish for your size tank? if so, THEY as more at blame than you the new fish keeper....but thats just my opinion :)

5. VenomGrass Member Member

Thanks. Yes they knew Ill ring up tomorrow and take her back

6. Shawnie Fishlore Legend Member

I know its tough to give up fish ....ive been there and its no fun ....but you are definitely doing good by the shark...great decision!

7. VenomGrass Member Member

Yeah I really have became attached to her. She is so fun to watch, quite clumsy too. For the best though the shark, myself and the community. :)

8. platy ben Well Known Member Member

Hi VenomGrass, what is the name of the aquatics store you got it from?

9. VenomGrass Member Member

The store was called: Aqua Pets (in Cumbria)

10. platy ben Well Known Member Member

Hmm Aquapets, I personally have never had a good or bad experience with these. You should see if there is a Swallow Aquatics, Pet Paks or Maiden Head Aquatics near you, all of these are amazing :)
    I personally use Swallow Aquatics all of the time, best fish stores I have ever seen! :)