Raw in DIY Food

Discussion in 'Fish Food' started by QQQUUUUAADDD, Jan 10, 2013.

1. QQQUUUUAADDDWell Known MemberMember

I was watching video about DIY Fish Food. In the video, the guy uses raw fish and meat. Is that ok? Would you boil it before or would there be no concerns?

[video=youtube;12qCQDNc00E]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=12qCQDNc00E[/video]

2. monkeypie102Well Known MemberMember

I was told you should at least microwave the meat for 30 seconds to kill off any breeding bacteria and the food is still raw

3. QQQUUUUAADDDWell Known MemberMember

I think to be on the safe side, I'll boil first then blend. Thanks.

This is going to be my staple and community blend. It's going to contain:
    Romaine
    Cucumbers
    Zucchini
    Peas
    Tilapia Fillets
    Shelled Shrimp (possibly)
    NLS Pellets

I'll make another thread detailing my process when I get to making the food.

4. monkeypie102Well Known MemberMember

Look forward to reading it! Oh and maybe add some fresh clove garlic as well... great immunity boost!

5. antidevil12New MemberMember

I have try this food for 3 - 4 months (not on daily bases 3 times a week) only problem with this food is it cloud the water (pre dip in water solve it) and even cause constipation issue (so i added boiled carrot and peas to solve this issue). Note:- I only try this food with bala sharks, black moor, koi so i dont know about other fish. Hope this may help you.

6. CichlidnutFishlore VIPMember

7. QQQUUUUAADDDWell Known MemberMember

Ok then, no need to boil then.

8. skjl47Valued MemberMember

Hello; I have feed raw bits of salmon and catfish filet to my tropicals for several decades. I will cut a small section off before cooking the rest for my dinner. I mince the fish before feeding it to my fish.
    So far no issues from doing this.
    I have made small packets of the raw fish, enough to feed for one time, by wrapping them in foil and keeping frozen. This has worked also.
    Good luck

9. QQQUUUUAADDDWell Known MemberMember

Thanks for the info skjl. That reassures me that raw is safe.

10. JustKeepSwimmingWell Known MemberMember

If I were going to do this, I'd blend it with peas and turn it into gelatin food.

11. QQQUUUUAADDDWell Known MemberMember

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice