Rate your lfs's

fish_r_friend

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Store-------------------------------City-------------------State-----Variety-----Quality-----Staff-----Rating-------Comments
Jacks Aquarium and pets Easton OH 8 7 9 N/a Could be a little more spread out

SunnShadow

Valued Member
Reaction score
State:  Ohio
City:  Van Wert
Store:  PetLand
Variety/Selection:  9
Cleanliness/quality:  7  (little ich, some algae bloom.... but normally very healthy fish)
Staff friendliness/Knowledge:  7 (10 for fish manager!!)
Smiley Rating:  
Comments:  Their prices are great, the selection of Freshwater fish is pretty good (they have KuhlI Loaches regularly, and something called a dinosaur something-or-other.... and BEAUTIFUL Bettas!!!!!).  They seem to care about their animals (not JUST the fish), but will try to sell you all the accessories you don't really need.......  Will test your tank water for free, and offer non-medicinal fixes as well as the medicinal ones (the Manager knows the pea remedy for Bettas)

S.

S.

Marc

Well Known Member
Reaction score
I made a page to rate them - feel free to add more and rate any you've been to! This is a much easier tool to use and you can search by state, rating, and rating in that state!

chickadee

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Using Sunni's System:

State: Nebraska
City: Beatrice
Store: Earl May's Garden Center (only sells fish and inverts)
Variety/Selection: They have 80 tanks and a lot of Invertebrates The selection is great though not many of each fish.
Cleanliness/quality: Extreemly clean. give 'em a 10!
Staff friendliness/Knowledge: Staff 8/Manager 9
Smiley Rating:

I, who make it a practice never to do the buying locally for fish and supplies, love this store. The only problem I have is getting there. It is a couple of miles from here and I don't drive and walk poorly so I only get to go when I can pay for a ride or get a family member to take me (not often). They leave me alone to shop and do not try to sell me anything. (but are very available to help when needed) I did buy my Otos there the last time and all of the Snails came from there. I will say that I have never seen such fantastic looking tanks in a fish store before. They put all the others I have been to to shame. They were CLEAN and the fish looked well fed and healthy. Those were the healthiest Otos I ever got and they are happy little guys even yet.

Rose

Buzz

Valued Member
Reaction score
For a country (island) in the tropics, we really have a poor variety of Tropical Fish ???  I think though that most of the lfs’s here are in it for a quick buck…a lot of the staff are really clueless.  Come to think of it, I can’t think of a single “fish store” here – we simply have pet stores with everything from baby ducks and chickens to puppies and pigeons and the fish are off to one side or stuck in a corner.  > Needless to say, the quality of water is pretty poor and for this reason, we always quarantine new fish for at least two weeks.  Lately, we’ve been losing one or two from every batch of new fish we purchase.  The choice of ornaments and accessories are also pretty limited.  :'(

Buzz

atmmachine816

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
bump

alex5455

Reaction score
10/10 for everything because I work there and can guarantee everything is being done right
t

Toggle Sidebar

New Threads