Rate My Aquascape! (please)

Discussion in 'Aquarium Aquascaping' started by Naseem, Jun 21, 2018.

1. Naseem

Naseem New Member Member

2E329BB1-4030-477D-B525-2BC751F9D473.jpeg Hey Fishforum,

Recently finished my latest aquascape, I looked at Ada and other aquarium set ups and would have love to really try for one of those and gone all out with detail etc, it’s just too expensive right now!

Anyway I spent all day doing this and was hoping you could give me some feedback/advice!

Ada Sansui Stone, Carib sea moonlight sand, Tropica substrate soil, and Malaysian driftwood with a fluval 3.0 plant light (plants coming later).

9B9D1187-848F-4F79-BADC-1695DB5671C7.jpeg 9964B783-0A3E-4306-9FB4-B5664A1E70B5.jpeg 9F4D9AC6-5E19-4632-85B2-C35FD20D9697.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 21, 2018
  2. Dawn Michele

Dawn Michele Well Known Member Member

I think you did a great job!!!

3. Fashooga

Fashooga Fishlore VIP Member

I think it looks pretty good so far.

4. Fanatic

Fanatic Fishlore VIP Member

It looks pretty cool! I would think the sand would erode when water is added.

5. -Mak-

-Mak- Well Known Member Member

I would move the wood on the right towards the left to follow the rule of thirds, so it’s situated at more of a 2/3rds spot on the tank.
    Is all the rock on the left side?

6. OP
    OP
    Naseem

Naseem New Member Member

I’ve tried moving it to ~2/3rd’d but it just didn’t sit right with my eyes. It bothers me so much, & no there’s rock on both sides 3 on the right and 4 on the left

Actually everything ended up okay, I just had to readjust the driftwood on the right but everything else stayed the same somehow lol

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 22, 2018
  7. -Mak-

Hmm I see. Currently the dominant materials that catch my eye are the rock ledge on the far left, and the two pieces of wood. I really like the "ledge" look the rock gives, but it draws the eye away from the wood and my view can't find a place to settle. Instead of having the flow go rock-wood-wood, perhaps you could swap the places of the rock ledge and the wood on the left. If the rock remains at that height in the new position, you can still have that little pathway going through the middle.

8. Fanatic

Fanatic Fishlore VIP Member

If anyone can give you aquascaping advice, it’d be Mak.
    She’s quite a pro :)

9. BobbyBoo

BobbyBoo New Member Member

Looks modern, and sleek. I dig it

10. OP
    OP
    Naseem

Naseem New Member Member

I really like that idea, next time I change the water to put in some triparta (mine died in the mail box) I’ll swap it out & update with pics!

I really like your idea, tbh the wood on the left was only added because I bought it and didn’t want to waste it after noticing how much space I already used up, the open path without the wood in the middle looks amazing but had to use it

Would you recommend putting the rock upright or just simply swap the two places?

11. -Mak-

Just swap and see how you like it!
    Two pieces of wood can give a really interesting dynamic, usually 2 hardscape elements on either side of a tank forms a layout called a U-shaped composition, some examples can be see here:

From this to this - Aquascape progression - Scape 4 added - Page 3 - The Planted Tank Forum

You flatter me :shy:

12. Aquilist

Aquilist Valued Member Member

I love it! It actually looks fantastic.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice