Rate my 10 gallon tank

Swiftyfishy2008

Used to be a betta tank now it’s a Gourami fish tank!! Rate your thoughts and opinions on it and what I can do to improve it.
here’s the picture of the tank

Attachments

• 813D75CA-916E-47C3-A11F-A37759CA208D.jpeg
    813D75CA-916E-47C3-A11F-A37759CA208D.jpeg
    250.5 KB · Views: 64

RissaRoo

I love it! I use the same substrate in my Betta's tank. I love the little pop of color. I think that it looks great the way it is.

Swiftyfishy2008

I love it! I use the same substrate in my Betta's tank. I love the little pop of color. I think that it looks great the way it is.
Thanks! I wasn’t to sure about the substrate at first but now I think it looks pretty cool.

Ouse

I’m going to be honest... there is far too many bubbles and the lighting is too bright down the back for some reason. The gourami in the top corner looks as if he’s trying to hide from it.

The floating logs aren’t really necessary in this tank.

The rock ornament on the left-hand side of the photo could be replaced with a piece of (hollow) driftwood and floating plants could be added to provide the gourami with proper cover. Check out hydrocotyle leucocephala in particular.

Swiftyfishy2008

I’m going to be honest... there is far too many bubbles and the lighting is too bright down the back for some reason. The gourami in the top corner looks as if he’s trying to hide from it.

The floating logs aren’t really necessary in this tank.

The rock ornament on the left-hand side of the photo could be replaced with a piece of (hollow) driftwood and floating plants could be added to provide the gourami with proper cover. Check out hydrocotyle leucocephala in particular.
The bubbles came with the tank, it’s a top fin tank and came with the bubble wall, the lights as well, I got a smaller top fin light for the top but it was still bright, the betta logs are there cause this use to be a betta tank and occasionally I’ll see him go in and out of them. And I put some daphnia at top left so that might have been what he was going for, idk gourami swimming patterns though. Thanks for the honest opinion though
The bubbles came with the tank, it’s a top fin tank and came with the bubble wall, the lights as well, I got a smaller top fin light for the top but it was still bright, the betta logs are there cause this use to be a betta tank and occasionally I’ll see him go in and out of them. And I put some daphnia at top left so that might have been what he was going for, idk gourami swimming patterns though. Thanks for the honest opinion though
I check out the floating plants, seems like a good idea.

Ouse

The bubbles came with the tank, it’s a top fin tank and came with the bubble wall, the lights as well, I got a smaller top fin light for the top but it was still bright
Is the tank designed in a way where this can’t be fixed?
I check out the floating plants, seems like a good idea.
It will make the gourami feel more secure, for sure.

SotaAquatics

I think it looks really cool. I do like all those bubbles in the back. Everyone has different taste. Has kind of an Avatar vibe to it with the glow.

Noroomforshoe

I would try a tank back ground. mayby even just some colored or black Paper or card stock

Swiftyfishy2008

I don’t think it’s able to be fixed.

And do you think some duckweed would work for it?

Swiftyfishy2008

Just got a new background and changed the light settings on both of my leds, here’s how it looks now.

Attachments

• B01B1E24-3BBE-45E1-8376-BD8580C8CA4E.jpeg
    B01B1E24-3BBE-45E1-8376-BD8580C8CA4E.jpeg
    241.4 KB · Views: 22

Ouse

Just got a new background and changed the light settings on both of my leds, here’s how it looks now.
Looks much better.
And do you think some duckweed would work for it?
It certainly will. :)

SotaAquatics

I would be a little careful with duckweed, people either hate it or love it. Once you have it its almost impossible to completely get rid of without completely breaking your tank down. If you want a small floater that's easy to grow I would also consider Giant Duckweed aka Mini Frogbit (spirodela polyrhiza). Its basically right in between duckweed and frogbit for size, leaves stay attached in clusters of 2-3 and it doesn't have too long of roots.

Fisch

i think it looks great, am curious how the plants will grow with the lighting.
When plant cover can be provided I would remove the Betta logs, they are just too bulky. Gouramis won't really need the support as the Betta did and I think they just block the availablefree swimming space.

Revan

I agree, the color looked really cool.
Looks nice!

Similar Aquarium Threads

20 Gallon Tank Is my tank salvageable?
Replies
Views
mattgirl
Replies
Views
RayClem
  • Question
Replies
Views