rasbora

Greenman

Reaction score
Hello, I'm new on here! and was hoping I could get some help I just sit up a 5 gallon and its been sit up for about 3 weeks I have a platy,guppy and had 2 rasboras until one died it was acting fine I was out of town for a day and came home and I noticed one eye was larger than the other well I thought it could have been pop eye or tb I checked the water and got the following results PH 7.3-7.4, high range PH-7.4,Ammonia-0,Nitrate2.0-3.0,Nitrate-1.0 I'm guessing it could be the nitrate I'm not sure ill post some photos soon thanks for the help

GreenMan*

bbfeckawitts

Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Greenman said:
Hello, I'm new on here! and was hoping I could get some help I just sit up a 5 gallon and its been sit up for about 3 weeks I have a platy,guppy and had 2 rasboras until one died it was acting fine I was out of town for a day and came home and I noticed one eye was larger than the other well I thought it could have been pop eye or tb I checked the water and got the following results PH 7.3-7.4, high range PH-7.4,Ammonia-0,Nitrate2.0-3.0,Nitrate-1.0 I'm guessing it could be the nitrate I'm not sure ill post some photos soon thanks for the help

GreenMan*
Which one is Nitrates and which is Nitrites?

Stradius011

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Rasboras are schooling fish so you should give them a larger aquarium. You also said nitrate is 2-3 and nitrate is 1. Which one is nitrite? Either way, it still means that you have nitrite in your aquarium which is bad. Even small amounts can stress fish. Nitrate is good for the aquarium but not good if it's high (should be 40 or less). Your nitrate levels will gradually climb up when your filter becomes established. How long has the tank been set up? I think your aquarium has not finished cycling yet.

OP
G

Greenman

Reaction score
Hey just wanted to thank everyone for the help I add some bacteria to the water and tested the water and the nitrate has almost corrected its self you guys were a lot of help thanks I like this site

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

New Threads