Rasbora Concerns!!!

Discussion in 'Freshwater Fish Disease' started by AzulFishy, Apr 12, 2018.

1. AzulFishy

AzulFishyValued MemberMember

My tank just cycled. I've had a beta and 1 rasbora for almost 2 months alone. I just got 2 more rasbora. They look not bright in color and cloudy color so why is that and do u think they'll brighten in color after time?? And both linger at bottom in same spot? I had one other that did that and it died I hope these 2 aren't sick and die. And my 1 rasbora that's been in there is active and colorful. Idk how to tell gender apart, but it keeps touching it's body on top of new fish going around the tank (and that's only reason y new fish move around is because of my 1 rasbora)?? Sorry lots of questions!

2. Mom2some

Mom2someWell Known MemberMember

Many fish are shocked & poor of color when moved to a new tank. How big is your tank? Glad to hear your two fish have been getting along well - some betta do not do well in a community aquarium. Increasing the fish waste so much with 2 new fish - watch for a possible mini-cycle or cycle bump. Hopefully your bacteria are strong enough to manage it, but some newish tanks can struggle.

3. Gdpierce79

Gdpierce79Valued MemberMember

Let me know what happens! I have a 25 gallon with 2 rasbora like that. Do yours look like they have pealing skin too?
    Good luck! Sorry I can’t help.

4. OP
    OP
    AzulFishy

Do you think they'll die since they could be shocked?? Yea I'm lucky for a good beta! I heard after it's cycled I should add fish slowly so I added 2 and will wait 2 or 3 wks to get more. It's a 10 gallon.

It's ok! No not that I can see

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 12, 2018
  5. pugletfanWell Known MemberMember

I'm sorry about your raspboras! I think they are rather shy fish, and also very peaceful. I have 5 of them currently in my 29 gallon planted tank. I plan to get more. They are beautiful fish , best kept in schools of at least 6, in an appropriate size tank. I'm not sure what the recommended minimum tank size is for harlequin raspboras, but mine are really happy in my tank. They are hardy fish too.

6. OP
    OP
    AzulFishy

So 1 of my rasbora died today and I can't figure out why! It's cycled everything at 0 and ph 7.0. I have 1 healthy rasbora full of color. It lasted 3 days in my tank. It's like I'm waiting for the other 1 to die as it's still dull in color. After the 2 weeks of using the TSS waited 2 weeks and then tested then it was cycled, so I got the 2 fish then in 2 days I did 10 percent water change. I made sure exact temp putting it in. I go to pets plus for fish. R they bad fish?? Is there a cheap nursery to order fish from that r healthy? I'm tired of buying fish and wander if they r sick and will die..

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice