Rasbora Bloated????

Snapdragon855

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Can anyone help diagnose my rasbora? She’s really bloated....I mean HUGE. Is she full or eggs or sick? She’s acting perfectly normal, however. Thanks!

Tank- 29 gal high
Ph 7.5
Ammonia 0
Nitrite 0
Nitrate 20

Attachments

finnipper59

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Snapdragon855 said:
Can anyone help diagnose my rasbora? She’s really bloated....I mean HUGE. Is she full or eggs or sick? She’s acting perfectly normal, however. Thanks!

Tank- 29 gal high
Ph 7.5
Ammonia 0
Nitrite 0
Nitrate 20
Yes the fish is sick, not pregnant. The problem is it could be bacteria or parasites like worms. Worms can be identified if you notice white stringy poop, but that even becomes difficult if you're not around to see it. First of all, get it out of the tank and quarantine it from the other fish. If you don't have a quarantine tank, you can either euthanize it or treat the whole tank. ER Erythromycin will kill harmful bacteria and General Cure will take care of paracites. Neither one will harm the good bacteria in your biological system. But it looks pretty bad off. I personally would euthanize it to stop the suffering and only treat the tank if it happens to another fish afterwards.

Sarah73

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
If you want to try to save it you can, but it's your decision. You can use De shelled peas, fast for a few days, and or watch for the poop.

Ulu

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
You can put this fish down or just wait two days and he will be dead.

But his chances of survival are zero so the real difference here is that if you let him die in the tank it will be a lot of extra ammonia that you don't want.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom