Rare score at Walmart!!!

Discussion in 'Snails' started by tunastrack, Dec 18, 2012.

1. tunastrack

tunastrack Well Known Member Member

I went in to Walmart today because I just sometimes like to see what they have. Well to my surprise they had this very pretty powder BLUE mystery snail!!! I also got one with a brownish shell but yellow body. And another had more of a peach/pink shell and yellow body. I just couldnt resist them!! I am just hoping the last two I mentioned are in good health and just unusual coloring. :)

Attached Files:

2. Junne

Junne Fishlore Legend Member

Very pretty and a rare find indeed!!!

The only things I ever see in our local walmart as far as fish goes are usually dead and or dying.... I don't even think ours carries any snails....

3. OP
    OP
    tunastrack

I am super excited! I have been wanting a blue one, and got one at walmart of all places!. Luckily my walmart that sells fish has a pretty good team who takes care of them. Everytime I go in there I see them maintaining the tanks in some way. And every fish that I have gotten so far as been great. Including my two BPs. WHo have grown by leaps and bounds since I got them. Just lucky. I have seen other walmart stores and they were terrible.

The only thing that I did notice that broke my heart was the number of regular Plecos that they had. There were a ton of them ranging from 1.5inch to around 4 inches. And their tanks are tiny. I wanted to rescue one so bad but just couldnt.

4. Reefdweller

Reefdweller Valued Member Member

I am not sure if you guys have a petsmart in your areas but my local pet smart carries the blue, brown, yellowish and sometimes white shelled snails. They typically keep 50 or more in a 10 gallon tank without anything other creatures in there with them.

5. Junne

Junne Fishlore Legend Member

Our petsmart regularly stocks the blues, yellows, black and ivory ones - I got all of mine from them. I may just go an get another blue one ( I am missing my Davy aka cheap knockoff backpack :( )

6. monkeypie102

monkeypie102 Well Known Member Member

Walmart and petsmart near me only have black and yellows... I got 3 blues from my lfs though... hate how he keeps his fish but i felt so bad I had to get them... best decision ever! But indeed that's a great Mystery Snail find!

7. Novemayune

Novemayune Valued Member Member

I heard that our fish walmart here is not to be trusted, so that is awesome that yours is not the fish death-hole that others are. I too found my mystery snails at PetSmart (I have a gold and a blue, and he is a very pretty pearlescent and misty blue). I don't understand why they charge $.20 more for the black ones though...
    ???

8. M0T0

M0T0 Valued Member Member

Congrats nice find I have been searching for a snail for a month everytime I'm in PS or Petco they have snails but none of them look in good health, there all on their shell and non of them are snailing around,

9. Reefdweller

Reefdweller Valued Member Member

I just do not have any luck with snails. I love having them around my FW tank but it is a Cichlid tank. I never witnessed them picking at them or even showing them any attention at all but when the lights go out at night it must be a different scene. They end up disappearing just leaving thier shells behind so I gave up keeping them.

10. OP
    OP
    tunastrack

reef it could be because your PH is too low, snails need a higher PH.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice