20 Gallon Tank Rare- Dragon puffer

Baasy

Hey..just new to this forum and the hobby
Thot I would go for a challenge and get my new puffer,a rare Palembang dragon puffer..pure minted

SixThreeOh

Are they rare? My LFS gets them in fairly often. Schoutedeni would be rarer, but they're becoming a lot more common.

Baasy

Well it's the same with the dragon puffers,it says rare on the aqua aquatics where I got um, it's only rare for a while like everything else lolhave you got yourself a puffer?

BigManAquatics

Often doesn't take long for the secret to get out...and then someone figures out to breed them in captivity, then someone else does and so on and so on...then breeders start culling females so other people can't breed them....least thats how it works for some types of bettas!

Baasy

So I expect mines a male..that's shocking!! how could I get my hands on a female?

BigManAquatics

So I expect mines a male..that's shocking!! how could I get my hands on a female?
That i don't know. Sometimes it comes down to just being lucky at the store! Sometimes, knowing breeders can help. At this stage, i wouldn't worry about such things. Just keeping a fish alive can be challenge enough :)

Baasy

Your rite, I'm looking at dwaf cichlids as well..convicts! They look cool
I do a 25% water change every 5 days or so..that should keep on top of it would you say?

BigManAquatics

Your rite, I'm looking at dwaf cichlids as well..convicts! They look cool
I do a 25% water change every 5 days or so..that should keep on top of it would you say?
I usually go with 50% weekly, but if it works, it works

Baasy

I was only thinking on the pH and temp..my spare heaters not here yet so would a 50% water change not pluxuate it to much?
I love this new hobby, I've researched so much, you can't have too much knowledge on your aquarium, I don't sit here kidding on I know the lot, if I need to ask for help I just go ahead and ask!

Baasy

I dosed my ammonia bk up to 4.0 last nite and not even 24 hrs and its halved already, shouldn't I dose it bk up to 4.0 again when it drop's to 0.5 say,is up to 2.0 ok..as its only for 1 puffer,he can grow to 7"-8" tho, need a little bit reassurance.

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
Replies
Views
Baasy
Replies
Views
Hotbacon143
Replies
Views
blu3meany
  • TheAnglerAquarist