RAOK Contest #2!

1. ZeeZ Well Known Member Member

If you haven't already seen the first Random Act Of Kindness Contest, or RAOK for short, this is the premise: This is a contest where the person running it offers up something for free if the winner is willing to pay shipping costs. If the one running it wants to cover shipping costs as well, that's up to them. It's up to the one running it what kind of contest it should be, it can be anything from a 250 word short story to a themed photography contest to beginners showing their need with trying to set up a tank or the first four to respond or anything they can think of, as long as it's appropriate for a family-type forum like this. A deadline will be posted then the winner chosen by the one running the contest.

The moderators are watching this thread to see how well it does. If enough RAOK threads are made, then a RAOK subforum may be added to Buy/Sell/Trade/Free. :) So let's do this!

Prize: Plant package of your choosing, up to 6. Available plants -

Water Wisteria
    Java Fern
    Windelov Fern
    Anarchis
    Ludwigia Repens
    Rotala Rotundifolia
    Dwarf Chain Swords
    Jungle Val
    Guppy Grass, also known as Najas Grass
    Frogbit
    Duckweed

Shipping will be FREE! If you're on a budget, you have absolutely nothing to lose!

How to enter: This will be a themed photography contest. Be creative and take cool shots of anything starting with the letter S. The more weirder or unusual it is, the better your chances of winning are! Post your photograph in this thread.

Deadline: Since it's a photography contest, it will be two weeks. The final deadline is Saturday, April 7, 2012 at NOON Eastern Standard Time.

2. allaboutfish Well Known Member Member

Skunk the guinea pig!!!
    [​IMG]
    you cant deny that cute face!

3. MeganS Member Member

Nice Pictures!

This is a photo of a male silk moth that I found beneath the steps at my house. This type of moth is actually the largest native North American moth. This particular moth was about the size of my palm. Also, these moths only live up to 10 days, just enough time to mate and lay their eggs. This moth had just emerged from its silky cocoon and that evening I actually observed it mating with another silk moth. I haven’t seen another one since!

Attached Files:

4. Lucy Moderator Moderator Member

:animal0068:

Please remember even though this is Zeez's contest members must still abide by b/s/t/free 50 post rule.

5. LyndaB Fishlore Legend Member

Meet Scruffy No Nuts McGruff and Sophia Marie. We adopted Scruff about 5 years ago from a nearby shelter. He had come in as a stray, been adopted, then returned because he was um, vicious. Yeah, right. We adopted Sophie last year during "Adopt A Less Adoptable Pet Week". Don't know how this wonderful and sweet 10 year old girl ended up a the local pound.

Please consider adopting from your local shelter. It's the best way to give back I know.

P.S. They have a brother, but his name doesn't start with "S" so he couldn't enter the contest. :;laughing

Attached Files:

6. TrogdorSlayer22 Member Member

How many Pics is the limit? As many as you want or what? I've got several ;D

7. kinezumi89 Fishlore VIP Member

I've got a picture I'd love to enter but my Internet is down and I can't upload from my phone :( Maybe if it isn't up in time, I could email it instead?

8. Cichlidnut Fishlore VIP Member

You've still got like a week and half.

9. slashgash Member Member

[​IMG]

A ski slope in spring. I lived by this ski slople most of my life. But, recently my father died and I had to move. I will always love this ski slope, and im glad I have these pictures to remind me.

10. ZeeZ Well Known Member Member

Only one, just to be fair. Though if you find something else better, you can change the photo.

Well, I could host it and post it for you if you can't by the deadline.

11. matt6765 Well Known Member Member

This is sage in the hands of a sage.

Attached Files:

12. JessiNoel21 Well Known Member Member

Sky Grey eyes

My niece and her killer eyes

13. TrogdorSlayer22 Member Member

Sunset in Sanibel

Here's one.... Sunset in Sanibel

Attached Files:

14. Cichlidnut Fishlore VIP Member

Sky and Snow

15. ZeeZ Well Known Member Member

Wow, are you sure these photos were taken by you guys? ;)

16. Cichlidnut Fishlore VIP Member

Mine was, took it right from my deck!

17. TrogdorSlayer22 Member Member

Yes, I have some with me in them if you want proof :p

18. ZeeZ Well Known Member Member

Just checking! :)

This is shaping up to be a tough contest! Tell you guys what... if there are more than 15 entries entered, I'll bump the number of winners from one to two! So far there are 9.

19. kinezumi89 Fishlore VIP Member

10 if you count me! Still no internet.

20. Cichlidnut Fishlore VIP Member

Do you have a laptop? just go find a hotspot, shouldn't be that hard :D