Rango - Male Crowntail Betta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Junne

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Here's my boy - he's feeling so much better after 16 days of Maracyn 1 & 2, 5 days of Maroxy, Kordon Fish protector and tons of loving care....

CSC_0847.jpg

nippybetta

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
He's beautiful! I'll bet he was a wreck when you got him... that's a lot of treatment. I'm sure he's very grateful.

Lucy

Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
He's looking good!

Junne

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Thank you! When I got him in May, he was fine

Somehow, he developed a bacterial infection almost overnight! One day he seemed fine and the next day, he was barely breathing! I honestly didn't expect him to make it - for the first 6 days of treatment, he didn't eat.
He seems like his normal self again so I am ever so grateful to everyone who offered advice and positive thoughts! Thank you!!!

tunastrack

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
YAYYYYY!!!!I am sooooo happy he is back to himself!!!!! Theres no DOUBT in my mind that he pulled through this because of your commitment to him and the awesome people on here to helped you!!! Congrats girlie!!

Give Rango a kiss for me ....lol

Junne

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
YAYYYYY!!!!I am sooooo happy he is back to himself!!!!! Theres no DOUBT in my mind that he pulled through this because of your commitment to him and the awesome people on here to helped you!!! Congrats girlie!!

Give Rango a kiss for me ....lol

Thank you
It's been a very stressful few weeks. Last night, I got rudely woken up though - Rango's tank ( the impeller ) was making this really awful sound/whining. I ran downstairs and took it apart ( after midnight and a sound sleep ) to find MTS snails clogging it up!
I told those guys to stay out of there!!!! - I swear it sounded like the garbage disposal!
So I put it back together, greased the stem on it and went back to bed....... <sigh>
A fish mama's work NEVER ends......

Magoo

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
Hey Junne I'm so very happy that Rango is back to normal and I must say looking gorgeous as ever that little guy has a very good mummy

I hope you spanked those naughty snails butts lol

Have you tried him with blood worms since he got better?

Junne

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Hey Junne I'm so very happy that Rango is back to normal and I must say looking gorgeous as ever that little guy has a very good mummy

I hope you spanked those naughty snails butts lol

Have you tried him with blood worms since he got better?
Thank you!!! I just cleaned both tanks - Rango's color is getting back to normal - his little wound area is beginning to grow new skin

I am going to do the bloodworms tomorrow ( I feed the main tank every other day ) so I figure if he doesn't eat the ones I thaw out, the community fish can have it.....
I do hope he eats them though....... Maybe because he was sick he just ignored it.....
I'll just keep trying because honestly, I have a whole bag of them in my freezer... At least I know the community fish love them.......
I hope to get my Cardinals this week too!!! - if not, at least I have a raincheck for the $1.00 price good until mid November.... I'll get them one way or another LOL
They're normally $4.99 a piece so a really good deal!!!

Junne

Magoo

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
That is a good deal I hope you are successful this time.

Mordin still has yet to figure out that bloodworms are food he is such a simple little fish sometimes hee hee

Once he takes that first bite he will be hooked bloodworms was the only food Malcolm would eat off the bottom of his tank the little food snob

Junne

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
funny you mention food off the bottom of the tank. I noticed the other day Rango eating some of the algae tablets I put in for the MTS. I didn't know they liked it but apparently he must????? I hope its not bad for him......

Rango sounds like Mordin in the simple fish life... Wait until they discover it right? Supposed to be like cavier for fish!!! <--- although I DON'T EAT fish eggs.... ;:barf

Magoo

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
Lol me neither I tried it once and had to covertly spit it back out yucky I can't even do sushi

Percy used to eat the algae wafers and pellets I used to put in for the corydoras all of my bettas have been strange in their own way lol

Junne

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I love sushi and "Most" seafood but I'll admit..... after the last few snail deaths, I am having a hard time with eating shrimp ;:barf

Magoo

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
Lol I like seafood I love squid I just don't really get a chance to eat allot of it unless of course we have Chinese take away I love salt and pepper squid mmmmmmm yummy

Junne

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Hmmm. not sure about the squid. LOL

I'm just so glad to put the carbon back in the tank! Water is so much more clearer and I was getting worried that the "yellow" tint from all the meds would somehow "stain" the glass.......
Never realized what a difference it makes since both tanks have the carbon and I have always used it.....

Junne

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Sarah - He ate the bloodworms!!!
I don't know why I am so excited!!! LOL

So I guess it will be his weekend treat!!!

Magoo

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
Yay I knew he would love them
He will get ever so excited if you use the same container and he associates it with his wormy treat lol

I'm going to try Mordin again after I get home from work

Junne

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Yay I knew he would love them
He will get ever so excited if you use the same container and he associates it with his wormy treat lol

I'm going to try Mordin again after I get home from work
He was giving me those puppy dog eyes when I came up to the glass. I was sitting at my computer across the way - I could see him staring at me from the corner of my eye. I walked over to him and he started flapping his right fin like he was waving. Then both started going!!! haha - He ate 3 small pieces - little piggie!

Good luck with feeding Mordin his.!!! Sending some good vibes his way!!!

Magoo

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
Lol thank you Junne ill let you know how I get on.

I just love those puppy dog eyes they are so hard to resist although Mordin has no patience at all and generally follows with a flare the monkey he does make me laugh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom