Random Unrelated Questions - How To Recognise Eggs & Do Fish Like Music/radio? Question

Discussion in 'Freshwater Beginners' started by Jenoli42, Apr 22, 2018.

1. Jenoli42Well Known MemberMember

Hey team!

I didn't get a photo yet but noticed a slimy shape twirling in the water in our established tank. Fearing a degraded fish body I inspected. it was jelly like with 3 small white spheres that weren't the same size. don't know where it settled....

we have 8 rummy noses & 11 kuhli loaches. the loaches hide & we've never counted all 11. so while it's possible this was a degraded fish body, I'm tempted to think it was eggs?

I've googled and no images look like what i saw. any tips? I know, yous need a photo. ill try later lolz.

then my partner asked if any fish keepers know if fish like having music or podcasts on. he said plans grow better with music or voices so he was curious how fish react. I said I would ask you lovely fish-perts :)

2. CraniumRexWell Known MemberMember

Can’t say 100% without a photo but sounds like snail eggs. You have fake plants though am I remembering correctly?

Could be other eggs - my bladder snail eggs never dislodge without a lot of persuasion. :banghead:

3. Jenoli42Well Known MemberMember

see I *thought* they looked like snail eggs but we only have one apple snail in there now. the other was moved about a month ago to another tank but they had been a breeding pair... how fast do they lay eggs after breeding?

good memory! yes only fake plants :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice