Random Thoughts - Page 95

NevermindIgnoreMe
Member
So outside my house, which is close to a lake btw, it's been smelling super gross and fishy, like whenever you walk outside=choking in fish smell. So my whole family has no clue what the smell is or what caused it, and last night at exactly ten o clock I realized the fish must be spawning in the lake! It's spring. Fish spawning is smelly business. I did a little background research to confirm, yep, it's spawning season where I'm at for the fish in the lake. Then I woke up and dissected a fish for school. Oh yeah, it's all coming together.
 
AcornTheBetta
Member
Betta'sAnonymous said:
Well, i got paid this morning and so far have managed to go all day without ordering any aquarium stuff!
The day isn't over yet...
 
Prest12
Member
We have a calculator now? I’ve been gone for too long.

Edit: not the one that the word links to. This:
07C65985-7F8E-46BC-AE9C-3746251056E4.jpeg
 
Betta'sAnonymous
Member
It's Friday! Congratulations!!! You made it!!
 
Cheesecake
Member
I'm not sorry. I like my pfp just the way it is.
Edit: I'm going to change it to something even better.
(the first one I changed it to is attached)
 
SouthAmericanCichlids
Member
It's beautiful. It could make a grown man cry.


From terror.
 
Cheesecake
Member
SouthAmericanCichlids said:
It's beautiful. It could make a grown man cry.
Not sure if I like this one more or not.
 
SouthAmericanCichlids
Member
I prefer the current one, it really brings your eyes out.
 
Cheesecake
Member
SouthAmericanCichlids said:
I prefer the current one, it really brings your eyes out...of frame.
The only problem is is that it looks like I'm eating a giant pea.
 
Kribensis27
Member
Cheesecake said:
I'm not sorry. I like my pfp just the way it is.
Edit: I'm going to change it to something even better.
(the first one I changed it to is attached)
Dang, I’ll never be able to outdo that
 
Cheesecake
Member
So an update: you can apparently use gifs instead of png files as your profile.
My life just got 100000% better.
 
NevermindIgnoreMe
Member
And here I am still chilling with the OG profile pic masking my true identity..
 
Betta'sAnonymous
Member
Must be a monday. Get to work to find out the entire facility has no running water.
 
Basil
Member
So today I realized that my MTS is my version of a mid-life crisis. No fancy cars for this chick lol!
 
NevermindIgnoreMe
Member
I'm a statistician for fun.
I am not the best at it.
But it bring me joy.
 
Cheesecake
Member
Basil said:
So today I realized that my MTS is my version of a mid-life crisis. No fancy cars for this chick lol!
Oh I think we could find a compromise.

1618529141925.png
 
Kribensis27
Member
Cheesecake said:
Oh I think we could find a compromise.

1618529141925.png
I need this in my life. Immediately. Now.
 
Cheesecake
Member
Kribensis27 said:
I need this in my life. Immediately. Now.
It does a lot more then drive around and look like a snail...

1618533022095.png

It's called Golden Mean if you're curious.
 
Kribensis27
Member
Cheesecake said:
It does a lot more then drive around and look like a snail...

1618533022095.png

It's called Golden Mean if you're curious.
I WILL BE INVINCIBLE
 
Betta'sAnonymous
Member
It's Friday! Congratulations! You made it!
 
Betta'sAnonymous
Member
Great....song on the radio is making me super weepy. I hate being old!
 
Basil
Member
Betta'sAnonymous said:
It's Friday! Congratulations! You made it!
It’s more like, ugh, it’s Friday and I work this weekend lol! Hopefully Monday will be, phew, I survived the weekend!
 
Betta'sAnonymous
Member
Basil said:
It’s more like, ugh, it’s Friday and I work this weekend lol! Hopefully Monday will be, phew, I survived the weekend!
Just glad i finally have a job with weekends off
 
Basil
Member
Betta'sAnonymous said:
Just glad i finally have a job with weekends off
I had that schedule for 27 years. .
This is a new work adventure for the last 5. And I love having off one day a week so I never work more than 4 days in a row unless I pickup an overtime day.
 
StinkyLoaf
Member

23CD8405-8780-4CB4-A32A-BF77239479E6.jpeg

I made pancakes at school today!

:hilarious:
 
StinkyLoaf
Member
Having a bad day today. This is what follows what has been a suspiciously good week so far. I’ll do anything to get out of school nowadays; I really don’t care anymore. I highly disapprove of my generation of people.

It’s painful to see everyone else so happy while I’m always being pulled out of what I enjoy doing. After school today I have to attend a half-hour long intervention that will most likely waste my time.
 
Frisbee
Member
StinkyLoaf said:
Having a bad day today. This is what follows what has been a suspiciously good week so far. I’ll do anything to get out of school nowadays; I really don’t care anymore. I highly disapprove of my generation of people.

It’s painful to see everyone else so happy while I’m always being pulled out of what I enjoy doing. After school today I have to attend a half-hour long intervention that will most likely waste my time.
This is why I like being homeschooled...
 
StinkyLoaf
Member
I’m always trying to get out of PE lessons at school because my poor (and I mean shockingly poor) motor skills ruin it for everyone. When giving students a choice of teammates I’m always left out... We’re on softball and I’m no pro at using a bat or catching a ball. If anything removing me from PE lessons will benefit everyone else. This is part of what I mean when I say everyone else has fun at school while I can’t.

I’m also trying to get a diagnosis for Asperger’s syndrome, but nothing is happening. I was told to get the diagnosis with the school but nothing gets done. I’m positive I have it... you wouldn’t make somebody with a broken leg run a race, so I don’t see why somebody who can’t even use a bat should have to play any sport.

I wish my country doesn’t require students to wear school uniform... I don’t see the point of school uniform because education can be worlds more efficient without the burden that is constantly sorting out the inevitable incorrect uniform, wasting time.

A bit of a rant about school, sorry.
Frisbee said:
This is why I like being homeschooled...
You lucky sausage...
 
Sofiafish17
Member
I have Aspergers know school is really tough for me too I can PM if you want I might be able to help a little I’ve been dealing with school struggles for a while for a while
Another random thought
Why don’t they have animal studies classes in high school?
Also
Is the sky blue because t is reflecting the blue ocean or is the ocean blue because it is reflecting the blue sky??????
This is why I’m into fish tanks not earth science lol
 
StinkyLoaf
Member
Sofiafish17 said:
I have Aspergers know school is really tough for me too I can PM if you want I might be able to help a little I’ve been dealing with school struggles for a while for a while
Aww thanks! :happy:
Sofiafish17 said:
Another random thought
Why don’t they have animal studies classes in high school?
I want to learn about animals in biology. The only topic I’m ever taught is cells and DNA structure. Currently I’m learning about pathogens so progress is being made!
 
Broggy
Member
StinkyLoaf said:
I highly disapprove of my generation of people.
ughh, same here. luckily im homeschooled this year, so I haven't had to deal with the stress and anxiety of them lol
 
V1K
Member
StinkyLoaf said:
I’m always trying to get out of PE lessons at school because my poor (and I mean shockingly poor) motor skills ruin it for everyone. When giving students a choice of teammates I’m always left out... We’re on softball and I’m no pro at using a bat or catching a ball. If anything removing me from PE lessons will benefit everyone else. This is part of what I mean when I say everyone else has fun at school while I can’t.
I get this bit. I was terrible, terrible at PE. Team sports, ugh, hate them. I'd just stand somewhere out of everyone's way and tried to not get hit with the ball. I remember how I'd always get cold during PE because you know, you're supposed to move around so the sports hall was less heated than the rest of the school, and I would just stand there barely moving for like half an hour .
However, looking back, I'd say that it's not removing PE lessons that would solve the problem, but making them more personalized, customized to the needs of the students that can't keep up. Making it less competitive. After finishing school, I thought I hated any sort of sports for several years, wouldn't even consider it, because it always made me feel inferior. However, eventually I signed up for a gym, and I realized that when I'm the only person I'm competing with, I actually enjoy it! I even went to a kung fu class for a while - I was terrible, terrible at it, but I loved it (stopped because of the scheduling issues). Now the gym is opening after the 6 months lockdown on Monday and I can't wait! I wish I had these options to do something in my own pace, without being compared to others as a child, I think I would have been healthier and had my butt kicked less .
Sofiafish17 said:
Is the sky blue because t is reflecting the blue ocean or is the ocean blue because it is reflecting the blue sky??????
The sky is blue and the ocean is just reflecting it.
 
Sofiafish17
Member
I guess that makes sense yea. I mean the high school weight room is the most awkward place ever but I love riding my bike on the trails near me.
Also TY for the info about the sky lol
 
StinkyLoaf
Member
V1K said:
However, looking back, I'd say that it's not removing PE lessons that would solve the problem, but making them more personalized, customized to the needs of the students that can't keep up. Making it less competitive.
I actually tried this, but it didn’t work. For exercise to be personalised around my needs it would have to be stupid easy and not involving anybody else. I’ve never known PE teachers to be supportive in my experience with them.
 
V1K
Member
StinkyLoaf said:
For exercise to be personalised around my needs it would have to be stupid easy and not involving anybody else.
Well, duh, that's exactly what I meant. If it involves anyone else, it's not personalized. And it's a pity that is something you cannot get in school. And I get what you're saying about teachers. In my first school, at first I had a teacher who even though he didn't personalize things for me, but he was understanding of my limits and didn't give me bad grades. But then he left the job and a new one came, and he was a stickler to the normatives, and since I didn't meet them my grades went down big time. Like, I was the biggest nerd in my class, better than anyone in any academic subject, but I WAS NOT at the top of my class JUST BECAUSE my PE grade was so low . And I think that's just absurd.
 
Sofiafish17
Member
Yea. Thank goodness PE grades don’t impact my overall GPA. I don’t know if that’s because I’m in the U.S. or New York State or what. We have to take online tests about the specific playing rules of games too and it’s weird. Because of Covid this year we can’t do team sports luckily, but that means I’m taking tests about refereeing stuff like badminton and ultimate frisbee
 
Frisbee
Member
Finished a book in math yesterday and get the rest of the week off.

*happy sigh*

homeschool life is the best.

Also, this is my partner for history class. Yeah... she’s kinda lazy so I do all the work, lol.

image.jpg
 
Sofiafish17
Member
She’s cute so she gets a good grade anyways!
 
Frisbee
Member
I have an appointment at the hair salon to chop my hair off next week... problem is I don’t know what haircut I’m getting, lol (and by chop off I mean I’m going really really short).

Does anyone have any ideas?

I’m so sick and tired of hair that I was going to wack it to a pixie or something before summer, but I don’t know exactly what I want and the consequences of getting the wrong kind of haircut when you are going that short is...uh, welll... scary.

I’m a little befuddled now...
 
Sofiafish17
Member
How long is your hair now? I had like waist length hair last year and over the summer my friend chopped it off for me to a tiny bit shorter than chin length and I don’t regret it. It is awesome, I’m never going back to long hair.
 
Frisbee
Member
Sofiafish17 said:
How long is your hair now? I had like waist length hair last year and over the summer my friend chopped it off for me to a tiny bit shorter than chin length and I don’t regret it. It is awesome, I’m never going back to long hair.
A bit past my shoulders (kind of chest length I guess). I have fine, frizzy, wavy hair brown hair. I’ve cut it to like my ears before and it was a poofy, frizzy mess, so this time I figure if I cut it short I’ll have to go all the way to a pixie for it to look any good and not be a mess.
I guess chin length would kinda work, I would just have to style it all the time in order to make it look good. It probably wouldn’t really accomplish my main goals in cutting my hair either (swimming without it getting in my face and playing instruments without it falling in the strings or getting in my face).
I have a hard time because I really like the way my hair looks when it’s long, it just annoys me so much.




The art of hand feeding loaches is a tricky one. Just got wet to my elbows trying to sneak a bloodworm past the guppies to one of my picky and very skittish kuhlis. My little noodle LOVED it though, so it was worth it.
 
Kribensis27
Member
If you wanna go all-out, my sister entirely shaved her head recently. she has no regrets about it lol. She got a lot of comments along the lines of "Well, at least you have a nice head shape." at first, but that mostly stopped pretty quickly.
 
NevermindIgnoreMe
Member
Frisbee said:
A bit past my shoulders (kind of chest length I guess). I have fine, frizzy, wavy hair brown hair. I’ve cut it to like my ears before and it was a poofy, frizzy mess, so this time I figure if I cut it short I’ll have to go all the way to a pixie for it to look any good and not be a mess.
I guess chin length would kinda work, I would just have to style it all the time in order to make it look good. It probably wouldn’t really accomplish my main goals in cutting my hair either (swimming without it getting in my face and playing instruments without it falling in the strings or getting in my face).
I have a hard time because I really like the way my hair looks when it’s long, it just annoys me so much.




The art of hand feeding loaches is a tricky one. Just got wet to my elbows trying to sneak a bloodworm past the guppies to one of my picky and very skittish kuhlis. My little noodle LOVED it though, so it was worth it.
It sounds pretty tbh. This is probably a dumb question, but have you tried just fixing it or putting it in a ponytail more often?
I love hand feeding, it can be a chore though lol.

Kribensis27 said:
If you wanna go all-out, my sister entirely shaved her head recently. she has no regrets about it lol. She got a lot of comments along the lines of "Well, at least you have a nice head shape." at first, but that mostly stopped pretty quickly.
Gosh. I'm glad she didn't end up regretting that decision lol.
 
Kribensis27
Member
NevermindIgnoreMe said:
Gosh. I'm glad she didn't end up regretting that decision lol.
Me too, she totally pulls it off. I could never lol (I'm a guy, but the last time I had short hair was 1st grade; super afraid to change it after having it shoulder length for so many years).
 
Frisbee
Member
NevermindIgnoreMe said:
It sounds pretty tbh. This is probably a dumb question, but have you tried just fixing it or putting it in a ponytail more often?
I love hand feeding, it can be a chore though lol.


Gosh. I'm glad she didn't end up regretting that decision lol.
I can put it in a pony, it’s just bothersome to do so every single time I want to play the cello. Plus, my hair tangles easily and ponies are pain when swimming (can’t get it out after my hair gets wet, and when I finally do get it out, it’s a tangled heap of wet hair that is really hard to brush). In general, my hair just gets in my way.
 
JLAquatics
Member
If you haven't already, today is the day to try live plants for the first time. Happy Earth Day!
 
Frisbee
Member
goldface why does your profile say just started? Haven’t you been on this forum a lot longer then I have?
 
StinkyLoaf
Member
Today has been a good day. The sun is out and I has a lovely walk home across the hill. There is currently a fat cat sitting on me sniffing my dinner... she’s very heavy and pushing her head away from my sandwich is no effortless task.
Frisbee said:
goldface why does your profile say just started? Haven’t you been on this forum a lot longer then I have?
I think this applies to multiple users; they just haven’t changed it yet.
 
V1K
Member
Frisbee said:
I can put it in a pony, it’s just bothersome to do so every single time I want to play the cello. Plus, my hair tangles easily and ponies are pain when swimming (can’t get it out after my hair gets wet, and when I finally do get it out, it’s a tangled heap of wet hair that is really hard to brush). In general, my hair just gets in my way.
Braids. Braiding is the way to go with long hair. There are a lot of variations, but if comfort is priority, the best options are a single simple braid, or a single French braid (the latter better works with layered hair and is better at preventing flyers). Unlike ponytails, a braid doesn't cause skin pain (main issue with ponytails for me), also the hair will not, simply cannot, get tangled, because the whole length of them is braided. No issues when letting it out either, hairband comes out easier because it's on the end of the braid and you don't have to pull it through that much hair.

I had a pixie haircut a couple of years ago, and in my experience, it requires more styling in the morning than long hair, but less attention throughout the day. With long hair, I dry them without any effort to shape them one way or another, then braid them and that's it; however, I'll get some flyers in my eyes during the day, especially if working out or outside in windy weater, and might need to re-braid it at some point. With pixie, I needed to style the hair while drying, and use a lot of product to keep it in place, because if dried naturally, I'd end up with Spock hair . However, during the day I could completely forget about my hair, it would stay in proper shape regardless the activity. However, take my feedback with a grain of salt, as my hair is the opposite of yours - thick, heavy, completely straight - so it might work completely different for you.
 
StinkyLoaf
Member
On the topic of hair I need a haircut... I’ll be getting one in a few days. When my hair gets long it can’t stay neat unless I fiddle with it and get it to stay just right.

I pull my hair a lot, especially when I’m bored or stressed. This has caused it to go naturally wavy when it gets long.
 

Random Great Thread

Latest threads

Aquarium Calculator

Aquarium Photo Contests

Find a Guru

Top Bottom