Random Thoughts - Page 92

Frisbee

I was feeding my ADFs some freeze dried bloodworms (soaked overnight to prevent digestive issues), and they both grabbed onto the same worm and started playing tug-a-war with it, it was adorable.

Another random thought concerning my ADFs, I think one is carrying eggs. It’s gotten pretty round lately and I realized the other ADF is a male, so it kinda adds up. I still haven’t decided what I’d do with the eggs. I might let the parents eat some and just save a couple to raise, but I’m not 100% sure where to put a few more ADFs yet. we’ll see.

V1K

Betta'sAnonymous said:
May as well just grab a caffeine free soda at that point lol
Or a nice cup of herbal tea, if something hot is preferable.

Frisbee

I’m never getting Kuhli loaches again... two dead in the first two days after getting them home. They are stressed little freaks zipping all over the place and I don’t know what to do. My perimeters are perfect. I spent $20 on this school of adorable fish and I was so excited... didn’t work out so well.

doing another waterchange today. Hopefully something helps.

julifhy

I haven’t posted here in a while lol. Is there anything significant I missed?

My random though is that I haven’t seen spiders in a really long time... Where did they all go? :confused:

StarGirl

I guess at my house....lol

Frisbee

StarGirl said:
I guess at my house....lol
Yup, we all giving you our spiders.

Kribensis27

julifhy said:

My random though is that I haven’t seen spiders in a really long time... Where did they all go? :confused:
I haven’t seen any in a while either, unless you count the occasional cellar spider. I don’t know where they all went! I miss them!

NBettas83

Can we get a spider donation drive going?

StarGirl

NBettas83 said:
Can we get a spider donation drive going?
I'm not doing that :eek:

Frisbee

One of my ADFs died last night (frog dropsy). Now I’m depressed. ops:

Betta'sAnonymous

It's Friday. CONGRATULATIONS!!! You made it!!

Broggy

have you noticed that you feed you fish more when your hungry?

Betta'sAnonymous

Broggy said:
I always thought it was because i didn't pay attention. Maybe thats why i wasn't paying attention...

Broggy

julifhy said:

fun fact, all spiders you see in your house were already living inside your walls or in the foundation of your house, breeding. and less than 5 percent actually venture from outside to inside.

sorry to disturb you, I try not to think about it too often.

Kribensis27

Broggy said:
fun fact, all spiders you see in your house were already living inside your walls or in the foundation of your house, breeding. and less than 5 percent actually venture from outside to inside.

I always get happy when I see a new egg sac. It’s the next generation of my little dark corner buddies!

jake37

Perhaps this is true but how do you tell which is which ?

Broggy said:

Frisbee

My new betta’s fins are healing perfectly. He’s so pretty. I love him more and more every day. And he’s sooooo cute!

(I got a new betta with some bad fin rot, but after a few days of TLC his fins already started healing, and now they are beautiful)

V1K

Broggy said:
I don't feed fish when I'm hungry, because I prioritize my hunger over theirs and will eat first. Endotherm feeding is a more urgent bussiness than that of the ectotherms, that's just biology.

Broggy

jake37 said:
Perhaps this is true but how do you tell which is which ?
tracking devices? spider family trees? I don't know

jake37

So it is not very useful information since we cannot identify which is which

Broggy said:
tracking devices? spider family trees? I don't know

tapwater

:confused:anybody want some house centipedes? found one in my basement last night...

jake37

No thanks; you can step on it as easy as myself.

tapwater said:
:confused:anybody want some house centipedes? found one in my basement last night...

tapwater

jake37 said:
No thanks; you can step on it as easy as myself.
If I can find it again, I'll try my hardest lol

Broggy

tapwater said:
eww no lol. I can never let my dog down there, because he hunts down the dead spider bodies like they are potato chips.

tapwater

Broggy said:
eww no lol. I can never let my dog down there, because he hunts down the dead spider bodies like they are potato chips.
loooool

StarGirl

tapwater

StarGirl

We split a Whataburger w/ cheese. large meal.

Pescado_Verde

We are now closer to 2060 than 1980.

Betta'sAnonymous

Pescado_Verde said:
We are now closer to 2060 than 1980.
Don't remind me!

tapwater

tfw time continues to pass

Frisbee

I never did figure out what to name my frog. Anyone got any ideas? It’s a boy.

StarGirl

Kermit....lol

Frisbee

StarGirl said:
Kermit....lol
I knew of someone who was named Kermit Defrog. Not kidding, that was his given name.

Pariah

Frisbee said:
I never did figure out what to name my frog. Anyone got any ideas? It’s a boy.
Jeremiah (Joy To The World -Three Dog Night)
Harold (King of Far, Far Away on Shrek)
Pepe (internet meme)

Pescado_Verde

Sprocket. (Sprocket the Wet Toad).

julifhy

What happened to the smilies? Are they completely gone now or am I just not seeing them? I can still write them out, but I don't see them on the tool bar.

Broggy said:

Tbh I'm not suprised lol. Daddy long legs seem to appear out of nowhere. I think the majority of actual spiders come from my plants though. I found 4 baby spiders in my mini Christmas tree lol. But who knows, many there's more spiders in my walls than I can imagine :eek:

StarGirl

julifhy said:
What happened to the smilies? Are they completely gone now or am I just not seeing them? I can still write them out, but I don't see them on the tool bar.

Tbh I'm not suprised lol. Daddy long legs seem to appear out of nowhere. I think the majority of actual spiders come from my plants though. I found 4 baby spiders in my mini Christmas tree lol. But who knows, many there's more spiders in my walls than I can imagine :eek:
I think something happened yesterday to the smileys. I'm sure it will get fixed at some point.

Broggy

julifhy said:
I miss them

Kribensis27

I noticed the smilies were gone too. I now only know how to do and along with the bananas.

TheFISH12

Kribensis27 said:
I noticed the smilies were gone too. I now only know how to do and along with the bananas.
That’s good. You don’t want to know what would happen if you forgot how to do bananas...

Kribensis27

TheFISH12 said:
That’s good. You don’t want to know what would happen if you forgot how to do bananas...
I hope I never find out...

julifhy

What do people have against fish bowls? (the big pretty planted ones not those tiny ones) I don’t understand why people hate them so much
Especially fb, reddit, and other social media groups. People who post about their fish bowls on there are BRAVE lol

StarGirl

julifhy said:
What do people have against fish bowls? (the big pretty planted ones not those tiny ones) I don’t understand why people hate them so much
Especially fb, reddit, and other social media groups. People who post about their fish bowls on there are BRAVE lol
I think its because most people don't know how to properly maintain a bowl. Plus there are those myths out there about bettas can live in a vase and eat the roots of a plant type things.

Broggy

1615482228396.jpeg
i want to do a valisnaria fish bowl. i think why i hate bowls sometimes is because then beginners think its a good idea. and i totaly lose my cool if in movies they have a goldfish in a bowl.
julifhy said:

Betta'sAnonymous

julifhy said:
Part of the reason is because most internet social platforms attract a large amount of trolls. Also, a lot of people here are often a bit more open to ideas different than their own as they may be actually seeking new ideas themselves.

julifhy

StarGirl said:
I think its because most people don't know how to properly maintain a bowl. Plus there are those myths out there about bettas can live in a vase and eat the roots of a plant type things.
Yeah probably, I explain how bowls should love set up and even giving them articles about it, people still have something against them :confused: I guess it’s also because there’s not much info about them online besides them being bad. Oh well.

Broggy said:

1615482228396.jpeg
i want to do a valisnaria fish bowl. i think why i hate bowls sometimes is because then beginners think its a good idea. and i totaly lose my cool if in movies they have a goldfish in a bowl.
I’m planning on setting up a bowl as well! I found a 10 gallon one online for a decent price. I’m definitely making it planted and I’m thinking of keeping pea puffers in it (I’m still trying to figure out if they would do well in a bowl though). And I agree, bowls are not great for beginners and movies who put fish in bowls always bother me lol

Betta'sAnonymous

It is Friday! CONGRATULATIONS!!!! You MADE it!!!

Sputnik

Betta'sAnonymous said:
It is Friday! CONGRATULATIONS!!!! You MADE it!!!
Whoo-hoo!

tapwater

thinking about bopus
4D5FDCA3-1D0C-4FF5-8CA6-CA38AA2D6AFC.jpeg

Latest threads

Aquarium Calculator

Aquarium Photo Contests

Find a Guru

Top Bottom