Random Thoughts - Page 91

AJE

AggressiveAquatics said:
My random thoughts of today (I have a lot of weird thoughts)
When your scared of being home alone your actually scared that your not alone.

you can block out all your senses but touch

Glasses make people look smart but they failed a test to get them
Unless it's fomo

kanzekatores

AggressiveAquatics said:
My random thoughts of today (I have a lot of weird thoughts)
When your scared of being home alone your actually scared that your not alone.

you can block out all your senses but touch

Glasses make people look smart but they failed a test to get them
how about this:

you have fingertips. But not toe tips... but you can stand on tiptoe

NevermindIgnoreMe

How about this, if you had more hands would you have an order of prefrence? Like I'm a far lefty, then middle right...ect. Or just one favorite and the rest work like non doms?

I learned to shoot a basketball ball today. Dextrose.

kanzekatores

Why are they called apartments if they're built together?

BettaBoi23

If you say you're not an honest person, but that statement was true, does that make you an honest person?

Pariah

"What if C-A-T really spelled dog?" - Ogre

kanzekatores

Have you ever thought about how we eat chickens before and after their lifetime?

TheFISH12

People should start referring to the PMs now as DMs.

Betta'sAnonymous

kanzekatores said:
Have you ever thought about how we eat chickens before and after their lifetime?
I'm nit brave enough to eat them during their lifetime...they peck n stuff!

StarGirl

TheFISH12 said:
People should start referring to the PMs now as DMs.
Why?

TheFISH12

StarGirl said:
Idk it sounds cooler. No one wants to slide into PMs, only slidin into DMs.

jake37

Has anyone realized that people are inherently mean ?

StarGirl

jake37 said:
Has anyone realized that people are inherently mean ?
It's just the people that have no guppies.

AcornTheBetta

135 notifications.... New personal record lol

Betta'sAnonymous

AcornTheBetta said:
135 notifications.... New personal record lol
Thats what happens when you disappear for days

Betta'sAnonymous

It's Friday. Congratulations!!! You made it!!(even as ice cubes)

jake37

What about all those who didn't make it ?

Betta'sAnonymous said:
It's Friday. Congratulations!!! You made it!!(even as ice cubes)

Betta'sAnonymous

jake37 said:
What about all those who didn't make it ?
Guess they don't get sprinkles on their ice cream.

kanzekatores

Does anybody have any fun weekend plans?

Betta'sAnonymous

kanzekatores said:
Does anybody have any fun weekend plans?
Laundry and watch stuff melt. Supposed to be first days above freezing in a few weeks.

Frisbee

My weekend plans: Clean fish tanks. Hope snow melts so I can buy more fish. Also, I will be cleaning fish tanks.

jake37

Frisbee

Hmmmm.... my cherry shrimp are hiding and one seems to be missing. Little Ranchu is pooping something bright red.

I wonder what happened....:rolleyes:

I guess I’ll be putting the shrimp in a breeder box from now on to prevent casualties till I get a better place for them then the 29 gal.

Sigh... oh well. I knew this was a possibility, but I thought I’d have some more time before he got big enough to eat shrimp.

At least my judgmental papaya is fine.
He is staring at me while he does his business though. this is weird.:confused:

C11604AF-C800-4848-A844-8CC0431C11A3.jpeg

NevermindIgnoreMe

Frisbee said:
Hmmmm.... my cherry shrimp are hiding and one seems to be missing. Little Ranchu is pooping something bright red.

I wonder what happened....:rolleyes:

I guess I’ll be putting the shrimp in a breeder box from now on to prevent casualties till I get a better place for them then the 29 gal.

Sigh... oh well. I knew this was a possibility, but I thought I’d have some more time before he got big enough to eat shrimp.

At least my judgmental papaya is fine.
He is staring at me while he does his business though. this is weird.:confused:

C11604AF-C800-4848-A844-8CC0431C11A3.jpeg
I was wondering if that'd work out with them growing up together or not.

I saw my rabbit yawn. Her mouth was a c, it was incredible how c-like her mouth was.

It's that time of year when I feel the need to revisit A Series of Unfortunate Events. That gives me an idea about my sig...

Frisbee

NevermindIgnoreMe said:
I was wondering if that'd work out with them growing up together or not.

I saw my rabbit yawn. Her mouth was a c, it was incredible how c-like her mouth was.

It's that time of year when I feel the need to revisit A Series of Unfortunate Events. That gives me an idea about my sig...
Ooooo, a series of unfortunate events! I just started that one. I read the first book, but I haven’t had the chance to go back to the library for more.

NevermindIgnoreMe

Frisbee said:
Ooooo, a series of unfortunate events! I just started that one. I read the first book, but I haven’t had the chance to go back to the library for more.
I love it. After you finish it you should watch the Netflix series, it's really good. One of the best book-television adaptions I've seen.

Frisbee

I got my first ADFs!

E5125100-3877-42B7-96A7-862A64CC15E6.jpeg

8550F868-48E0-4CA2-AFD6-E44B3A8BF41F.jpeg

Pictures from earlier when I was acclimating them.
2046ACCF-408C-4126-9932-E3ADB6860197.jpeg

95BBA9A4-2216-4FCC-99F2-F422590C191E.jpeg

——————————————————

My random thought:
I feel like papaya looks even more judgmental since I put him in the breeder box.
227FA2A8-F643-46F4-94EB-073DF688EAFF.jpeg

Shambhalaubie

Today I couldn't help but pick up some Corydoras for my aquarium, Albino ones.

Random Thought:

"You guys sure are spending an awful lot of time swimming around gleefully at the top of the aquarium for a bottom dwelling fish.. is the bottom of the tank boring? I realize my filter pumps water super fast, and must be like a waterslide but seriously, go hang out in the cave or the skull or visit the pirate ship. I'm sure the novelty will wear out eventually, but I'm watching you guys right now. Explore a little here!" ‍♀

StarGirl

WHY are air pumps so stinking loud???????????????? :eek:

jake37

Not ALL air pumps are loud but it helps if you put them in a box with sponge padding on the side.... then the bubbles are loud

StarGirl said:
WHY are air pumps so stinking loud???????????????? :eek:

StarGirl

Yeah exactly. I had a Whisper I put in a closed box with Yoga mat padded all around it and it was still loud. I hate them....lol I returned it. They seem to be quietest when they are hanging not touching anything at all.

jake37

Just listen to more loud music and it will sound silent...

StarGirl said:
Yeah exactly. I had a Whisper I put in a closed box with Yoga mat padded all around it and it was still loud. I hate them....lol I returned it. They seem to be quietest when they are hanging not touching anything at all.

Frisbee

StarGirl said:
Whisper pumps are the WORST. I have one and it’s really loud. I like my other air pump way better. It’s some Chinese generic brand, but it’s way nicer then the whisper pump. The generic is way quieter and feels like it’s built better, but it doesn’t pump a ton of air so it’s only good for a 10 gallon or so.

Uh oh... oh snap... I think one of my shrimp just up and died just now while I was looking at this thread.:eek: I’m panicking.

NevermindIgnoreMe

I'm not trying to be rude I'm just mortifyingly shy

Frisbee

Update: I tested the water. 0 ammonia 0 nitrite and 0 nitrate. He’s been in this tank for a couple weeks. I’m dumbfounded. Why did he die?

I did net him to put him in the breeder box earlier today. Did I hurt him somehow? I tried to be gentle.

V1K

Frisbee said:
Update: I tested the water. 0 ammonia 0 nitrite and 0 nitrate. He’s been in this tank for a couple weeks. I’m dumbfounded. Why did he die?

I did net him to put him in the breeder box earlier today. Did I hurt him somehow? I tried to be gentle.
Why did you put it there? Maybe the stress of being caught and imprisoned got it? Or the breeder box had bad circulation and despite the tank itself being ok the box got anoxic or something?

Frisbee

V1K said:
Why did you put it there? Maybe the stress of being caught and imprisoned got it? Or the breeder box had bad circulation and despite the tank itself being ok the box got anoxic or something?
I had a sneaking suspicion that one of my fish snacked on a shrimp, so I put the shrimp in a breeder box with some plants to see if it got better.

the breeder box has tank water flowing through is and is full of plants, so I doubt it’s a water issue. I did just do a waterchange yesterday so several of the shrimp decided to molt. If this particular shrimp was molting of trying to molt, then it would have been easy for him to get injured or stressed by my netting him into the box, even if I was gentle. The other possibility is that he tried to molt and had some other issue.

I still feel so horrible though. ops:

V1K

Frisbee said:
I had a sneaking suspicion that one of my fish snacked on a shrimp, so I put the shrimp in a breeder box with some plants to see if it got better.

the breeder box has tank water flowing through is and is full of plants, so I doubt it’s a water issue. I did just do a waterchange yesterday so several of the shrimp decided to molt. If this particular shrimp was molting of trying to molt, then it would have been easy for him to get injured or stressed by my netting him into the box, even if I was gentle. The other possibility is that he tried to molt and had some other issue.

I still feel so horrible though. ops:
Based on what you just said, I'm assuming it was already injured? Then here you have it. Probably died from that injury, nothing to do with water or you.

Frisbee

V1K said:
Based on what you just said, I'm assuming it was already injured? Then here you have it. Probably died from that injury, nothing to do with water or you.
I noticed a fish having bright red cherry shrimp colored poops and it seemed like some shrimp were missing, so I put all my remaining shrimp in a breeder box. I suppose it’s possible a fish injured him before hand. He may have just been molting, and when I netted him he was easily hurt. I really don’t know what happened.

sigh... oh well.

AqAdvisor is wacked. It says ADFs are not recommended for a 5 gallon and will outgrow the tank very quickly.

according to AqAdvisor, 2 ADFs in a 5 gallon is 200% stocking level... hmmm.

(and yes, this is what it says for ADFs, not ACFs).

First time feeding my ADFs. They got bloodworms and mysis shrimp. I think the chubby little munchkins like me now.
52217F70-85AD-4818-B576-E6E29236887D.jpeg

Betta'sAnonymous

It's Friday. CONGRATULATIONS!! You made it!!

jake37

Lies - all lies. You're just waiting for one of us to break an arm....

Betta'sAnonymous said:

Betta'sAnonymous

jake37 said:
Lies - all lies. You're just waiting for one of us to break an arm....
Broken arm still means you made it. Usually.

StarGirl

Betta'sAnonymous said:

:hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

NBettas83

StarGirl said:
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Frisbee

I’m drinking coffee flavored water... e.I. Decaf

Decaf is only good when you are going to dump a bunch of cream and sugar and stuff in it... which is what I’m doing, so this works out.

Betta'sAnonymous

Frisbee said:
I’m drinking coffee flavored water... e.I. Decaf

Decaf is only good when you are going to dump a bunch of cream and sugar and stuff in it... which is what I’m doing, so this works out.
May as well just grab a caffeine free soda at that point lol

Random Great Thread

Latest threads

Aquarium Calculator

Aquarium Photo Contests

Find a Guru

Top Bottom