Random Thoughts - Page 90

V1K

Frisbee said:
Since I’m part of the worship team, I bring my cello on Thursday’s. This time, after youth group was over, I got my sis to get on the really nice church piano and then I played cello and we had a little duet. It was super dope and we officially got labeled “Piano Girls”
I remember you being quite nervous when you were asked to do it a month ago. Are you feeling more comfortable with it yet?

Frisbee

V1K said:
I remember you being quite nervous when you were asked to do it a month ago. Are you feeling more comfortable with it yet?
Sometimes yes, sometimes no. I’m getting better, but some times I still get a little panic attack right before I walk on stage. I’m kind of the only cellist... like at all, so they have a lot of mercy when it comes to my mistakes. And it’s only a youth group worship (much less formal and most of the people on the worship team are youth).

I did get like 4 offers to help out on Sunday, all of which I turned down, lol. The worship leaders have been constantly trying to get me to help out on Sunday lately, so I guess I’m wanted.

V1K

Frisbee said:
Sometimes yes, sometimes no. I’m getting better, but some times I still get a little panic attack right before I walk on stage. I’m kind of the only cellist... like at all, so they have a lot of mercy when it comes to my mistakes. And it’s only a youth group worship (so much less formal and most of the people on the worship team are youth).

I did get like 4 offers to help out on Sunday, all of which I turned down, lol. The worship leaders have been constantly trying to get me to help out on Sunday lately, so I guess I’m wanted.
I hope you'll soon become confident enough for the Sunday performance

Frisbee

More pizza!!!!
I love it.
image.jpg

NevermindIgnoreMe

Went skiing for the first time today. Which is a bit weird because I love in a colder climate where we get plenty of snow, and lots of my friends like skiing. I obviously wasn't very good, but I thought I did alright for my first time. Still would have rather been snowboarding though. Frisbee, I'm so glad your cello performances are going a bit better, even if it's only a little it's improvement all the same.

Frisbee

NevermindIgnoreMe said:
Went skiing for the first time today. Which is a bit weird because I love in a colder climate where we get plenty of snow, and lots of my friends like skiing. I obviously wasn't very good, but I thought I did alright for my first time. Still would have rather been snowboarding though. Frisbee, I'm so glad your cello performances are going a bit better, even if it's only a little it's improvement all the same.
Snowboarding is better. I’m a snowboarder all through.

NevermindIgnoreMe

Frisbee said:
Snowboarding is better. I’m a snowboarder all through.
I know, my parents wanted all of us to ski (none of my siblings had either) so we all would be able to (have the very important, better than snowboarding skill of skiing). Yeah none of that made sense, I know. They wanted us to ski the first time, which doesn't make sense because I seriously doubt skiing is going to make snowboarding easier.

Frisbee

NevermindIgnoreMe said:
I know, my parents wanted all of us to ski (none of my siblings had either) so we all would be able to (have the very important, better than snowboarding skill of skiing). Yeah none of that made sense, I know. They wanted us to ski the first time, which doesn't make sense because I seriously doubt skiing is going to make snowboarding easier.
Well, skiing is definitely easier to learn then snowboarding, that’s why it’s generally more popular, but snowboarding can take you further. Snowboarding is more of a challenge at first (partially why I like it), but you can also get a lot more “advanced”. That might be why there are a lot more professional snowboarders then skiers, but there are a lot more “beginner” or “average” skiers then there are snowboarders.

In some aspects, yes, skiing might be more practical (ski patrols, etc), but you can actually get more complex with a snowboard, and as far as sports go, I think snowboarding is more fun.

julifhy

This person took giving your betta a bath literally lol

Frisbee

AcornTheBetta

Frisbee said:
It's umm..... Interesting to say the least. I wouldn't do it since you don't know what kind of soap and other things are on the side walls of the tub. Those are definitely not good for a betta.

Frisbee

AcornTheBetta said:
It's umm..... Interesting to say the least. I wouldn't do it since you don't know what kind of soap and other things are on the side walls of the tub. Those are definitely not good for a betta.
I have the job of scrubbing the bath tub every week in my house, so I know what kind of gunk can get on those surfaces. Mildew, soap scum, strange types of mold, etc. over all, not a good idea to use a bathtub for a betta.

That’s why I just responded with “hmmmm” I usually do that when something seems fishy or unpleasant.

AcornTheBetta

Frisbee said:
I have the job of scrubbing the bath tub every week in my house, so I know what kind of gunk can get on those surfaces. Mildew, soap scum, strange types of mold, etc. over all, not a good idea to use a bathtub for a betta.

That’s why I just responded with “hmmmm” I usually do that when something seems fishy or unpleasant.
Yup! Along with all that nasty stuff you just described, there's the chemicals that you use to clean it.

Frisbee

Cycling a bunch of media in my 29 gal so I’ll have a nice colony of bacteria to put in my divided 10 gal when I get the betta imbellis. I’m excited!

Frisbee

Finally divided the 10 gal. I would take pictures of the new setup, but it’s still a little cloudy and the lights are off to keep things low stress for Rosencross (my betta), who is a little freaked out that he had to sit in a bag for 2 hours while I “remodeled” his home.

I’m going to wait a little while till the bacteria colony matures again before I buy the imbellis (I’m sure I got rid of tons of healthy bacteria doing a 100% water and substrate change).

Betta'sAnonymous

Ugh...another COVID test today...hope it comes back negative, then work will let me come back

StarGirl

Betta'sAnonymous said:
Ugh...another COVID test today...hope it comes back negative, then work will let me come back
Good luck!!!

Kribensis27

Betta'sAnonymous said:
I hope it goes well!

Frisbee

What should his name be? Mr. NoName has been glaring at me sitting on my bed all day.

F401A71C-B99F-4B53-A684-229ABFC496A9.jpeg

Kribensis27

Frisbee said:
What should his name be? Mr. NoName has been glaring at me sitting on my bed all day.

vinegar

V1K

Frisbee said:

Kirk, because of the colour.

Frisbee

V1K

Frisbee said:
Hmm, that one just makes me thing of narnia.
Apparently the Narnia guy was Kirke, not Kirk. Obviously I was talking about Star Trek one. Eh, don't mind me .

StarGirl

Papaya

Kribensis27

U R I N E

Urine the shrimp BABY

Or vinegar...

jake37

Boring.

Kribensis27

jake37 said:
Ah, yes, Boring the shrimp. A true gentleman.

jake37

Sigh.

Kribensis27 said:
Ah, yes, Boring the shrimp. A true gentleman.

Frisbee

I think Papaya is the winner.

StarGirl

TheFISH12

Frisbee said:
I think Papaya is the winner.
I'd disagree. I like Boring better.

Betta'sAnonymous

Shoulda been Kitty. Nothing glares disapprovingly quite like a cat does.

Frisbee

StarGirl said:
Yay! What did I win?
Self esteem. I liked your name idea the best. You won self esteem.
TheFISH12 said:
I'd disagree. I like Boring better.
Well... I guess you can go buy yourself your own pet shrimp who disapproves of you, and name him boring. Mine is named papaya.

Betta'sAnonymous

It's Friday! Congratulations!! You made it!!!

Betta'sAnonymous

Kribensis27 said:
I hope it goes well!
Finally it did, return to work on Monday...they won't know what hit them, i have 3 weeks worth of hijinx saved up!!

Frisbee

Looks like I’ll have to hold off on ordering those betta imbellis.
BAFE23E6-E9CD-4BC5-8B15-1CA6AEDFB1FF.jpeg

Betta'sAnonymous

Frisbee said:
Looks like I’ll have to hold off on ordering those betta imbellis.
BAFE23E6-E9CD-4BC5-8B15-1CA6AEDFB1FF.jpeg
Oh, we have well over 20 inches in places for over a week now. Have barely been over 10 degrees F in last 2 weeks...with another week to go!! Fish ordering isn't even an afterthought for us

Frisbee

Betta'sAnonymous said:
Oh, we have well over 20 inches in places for over a week now. Have barely been over 10 degrees F in last 2 weeks...with another week to go!! Fish ordering isn't even an afterthought for us
Yeah, we only have about 4 inches at the moment. I’m guessing is maybe 20-25°?

Betta'sAnonymous

Frisbee said:
Yeah, we only have about 4 inches at the moment. I’m guessing is maybe 20-25°?
Heat wave lol!! I don't remember the last time we even got within 10 degrees of that lol

Considering todays high is forecasted for 4 degrees....and that is the warmest until wednesday. Everything between today and then is forecasted high of 0 to -6. Winter hates us this year. So much so i am officially sick of the next 5 winters already.

Kribensis27

We’re FINALLY getting normal winter weather. It’s been a warm winter this year, with temps mostly hovering around 20-30F. For the past week or so, however, it’s dropped to the negative teens (around -13 to -16). Still not a super cold winter, but at least in the normal range.

Yesterday, it got all the way up to -2! We were outside for a good chunk of that day. It’s the warmest it’s been for a while, and the warmest it’ll be for a while. I actually like subzero weather. The biggest sledding hill is never crowded then! You just have to make sure you’re covered up to avoid frostbite.

Betta'sAnonymous

Kribensis27 said:
We’re FINALLY getting normal winter weather. It’s been a warm winter this year, with temps mostly hovering around 20-30F. For the past week or so, however, it’s dropped to the negative teens (around -13 to -16). Still not a super cold winter, but at least in the normal range.

Yesterday, it got all the way up to -2! We were outside for a good chunk of that day. It’s the warmest it’s been for a while, and the warmest it’ll be for a while. I actually like subzero weather. The biggest sledding hill is never crowded then! You just have to make sure you’re covered up to avoid frostbite.
Winter is for people who don't have to drive or work outdoors and couch potatoes.

Frisbee

Snowed some more and we’ve probably got 6-8 inches on the ground now. It’s probably like 30° I’d say?

I like snow. Snow is my happy place. I’ll just put my insulated bibs on and just lay there, buried in the snow for hours on end so I can think about life. It’s nice.
Then I get to come inside and drink a cup of green tea while I do my math.

Homeschool life is awesome.

V1K

Was contacted by a person interested in buying my Ludwigia trimmings, ended up answering some questions and giving a bunch of tips, because she's a complete beginner and also new to the area. It really improved my mood, it's fun to be helpful to people who are pleasant themselves and appreciate it . A stark contrast to the guy who contacted me yesterday and had strange expectations that I'd bring the trimmings (that cost 1 € ) to him and when I said he has to come and get them, he was nah, not gonna happen .

Frisbee

I was just observing my adorable little Ranchu. His little antics always cheer me up, no matter how sad I might be.
03DFD9AB-3449-4380-8005-DB437EF9582B.jpeg

AJE

This is one of my favorite videos on YouTube. I’ve watched it probably 10 times this month

TheFISH12

AJE said:
This is one of my favorite videos on YouTube. I’ve watched it probably 10 times this month
I can't see it, is that just me?

AJE

TheFISH12 said:
I can't see it, is that just me?
My popcorn finished popping so I forgot to post the link ops:

TheFISH12

AJE said:
So you've watched 100 hours of grass growing? LOL

AJE

TheFISH12 said:
So you've watched 100 hours of grass growing? LOL
Yes. Time well spent

AggressiveAquatics

My random thoughts of today (I have a lot of weird thoughts)
When your scared of being home alone your actually scared that your not alone.

you can block out all your senses but touch

Glasses make people look smart but they failed a test to get them

Random Great Thread

Latest threads

Aquarium Calculator

Aquarium Photo Contests

Find a Guru

Top Bottom