Random Thoughts - Page 89

V1K

Frisbee said:
Anything above 73° and I feel uncomfortable.
Ah, you one of those people I get in fights with about the thermostats/air conditioning etc. I envy people like you. It's pretty hard to be the least cold-tolerant person I know . At least I'm in advantage during summer heat waves...

Kribensis27

V1K said:
Ah, you one of those people I get in fights with about the thermostats/air conditioning etc. I envy people like you. It's pretty hard to be the least cold-tolerant person I know . At least I'm in advantage during summer heat waves...
I'm one of those heat-hating people too. Summer is hard, especially during heat waves. I envy you more!

V1K

Kribensis27 said:
I'm one of those heat-hating people too. Summer is hard, especially during heat waves. I envy you more!
Considering how summer is shorter than the cold season here, I consider cold resistance to be a more significant advantage. I was born in a wrong latitude I guess .
However, I must admit that cold does have one advantage over heat: you can always (dress code permitting) wear more, but you cannot always wear less.

Frisbee

On the plus side of being more cold tolerant, during the summer heat waves, you can find a freezing cold swimming hole and just hang out in the water (swim, watch the fish, dive, catch crawdads, etc) without getting as cold. And when I say freezing, I mean cold. We used to go to a little creek that was super clear and nice to swim in, but the water was freezing, so we would jump in, get a brain freeze, then crawl out and lay on the rocks till we warmed up, then repeat.

I do also have a lot of Norwegian blood in me, which the Viking-ness might have something to do with my cold tolerance.

Kribensis27

Frisbee said:
On the plus side of being more cold tolerant, during the summer heat waves, you can find a freezing cold swimming hole and just hang out in the water (swim, watch the fish, dive, catch crawdads, etc). And when I say freezing, I mean cold. We used to go to a little creek that was super clear and nice to swim in, but the water was freezing, so we would jump in, get a brain freeze, then crawl out and lay on the rocks till we warmed up, then repeat.
Oh yeah, that's true. We don't have anything small nearby, but I do have some fun memories of swimming in a big lake in March. There was always still some snow on the ground. The only reason the lake wasn't frozen was its huge waves! The rocks on the shore were always warm from the sunlight though. We would go into the freezing water, become entirely numb, and then just lay on the rocks. We always got hypothermia afterwards, but it was fun!

jake37

If I stop believing will I cease to exist ?

Frisbee

jake37 said:
If I stop believing will I cease to exist ?
Stop believing in what?
Kribensis27 said:
Oh yeah, that's true. We don't have anything small nearby, but I do have some fun memories of swimming in a big lake in March. There was always still some snow on the ground. The only reason the lake wasn't frozen was its huge waves! The rocks on the shore were always warm from the sunlight though. We would go into the freezing water, become entirely numb, and then just lay on the rocks. We always got hypothermia afterwards, but it was fun!
Yeah, my brothers dared each other to jump in our pool in the middle of winter when it was frozen over. It was hilarious.

Edit: I think the licorice jelly bean is getting used to me. He is still scared of fast movements, but I think he is picking up on the fact that food comes from the human.

A4851504-0ACB-4186-A467-441D0E08A891.jpeg

Any more name ideas? I’m thinking I might just call him licorice. He looks like a licorice. I don’t know if a candy is a suitable fish name though.

Kribensis27

Frisbee said:
Stop believing in what?

Yeah, my brothers dared each other to jump in our pool in the middle of winter when it was frozen over. It was hilarious.

Edit: I think the licorice jelly bean is getting used to me. He is still scared of fast movements, but I think he is picking up on the fact that food comes from the human.

A4851504-0ACB-4186-A467-441D0E08A891.jpeg

Any more name ideas? I’m thinking I might just call him licorice. He looks like a licorice. I don’t know if a candy is a suitable fish name though.
I would still go with Bean or Jeffery. Licorice is cute too though.

Frisbee

Kribensis27 said:
I would still go with Bean or Jeffery. Licorice is cute too though.
Wait, back up, where did Jeffery come in again? I’m confused.

Kribensis27

Frisbee said:
Wait, back up, where did Jeffery come in again? I’m confused.
Jeffery never left. Jeffrey is ETERNAL

Frisbee

Kribensis27 said:
Jeffery never left. Jeffrey is ETERNAL
But who is Jeffrey?

Kribensis27

Frisbee said:
But who is Jeffrey?
Jeffrey is you and Jeffrey is me. Jeffrey is all who read this. Jeffrey is whoever you want him to be.

Frisbee

Kribensis27 said:
Jeffrey is you and Jeffrey is me. Jeffrey is all who read this. Jeffrey is whoever you want him to be.
Well, I don’t think my little Ranchu is Omni-present, so he doesn’t strike me as Jeffery.

Kribensis27

Frisbee said:
Well, I don’t think my little Ranchu is Omni-present, so he doesn’t strike me as Jeffery.
You may call him by another name, but he is still Jeffrey. As is every living thing.

Frisbee

Kribensis27 said:
You may call him by another name, but he is still Jeffrey. As is every living thing.
You are just making me more confused...

Kribensis27

Frisbee said:
You are just making me more confused...
As is the way of the Jeff.

Frisbee

Kribensis27 said:
As is the way of the Jeff.
Wait, who is Jeff? Are Jeff and Jeffery the same person? Is that what you meant by “I might know him by a different name”?

Kribensis27

Frisbee said:
Wait, who is Jeff? Are Jeff and Jeffery the same person? Is that what you meant by “I might know him by a different name”?
You shall learn these answers in time...

Frisbee

Popcorn... sleeping Popcorn.
CBD983BC-2392-483C-8153-62215A58BD91.jpeg

Edit: she woke up.
1307A089-7AD9-4221-BAF1-ED527BAE6393.jpeg

NevermindIgnoreMe

I'm tired. I also like biology and swamp jars.

Kribensis27

NevermindIgnoreMe said:
I like biology and swamp jars too

Frisbee

NevermindIgnoreMe said:
Hi tired, I’m... Frizzbe (spell it however you like... idc) and this is my sidekick, jellybean
BB3B1DFF-F5DF-4A21-BB92-FFB7E12ED100.jpeg

Frisbee

This... creature, is so hilarious. I just laugh whenever I look at him. I want another one as soon as I can find one. There are just really hard to find in my area.
ED7A810A-48B9-40A5-B9FA-1CBE1C4C3A76.jpeg

Kribensis27

Frisbee said:
This... creature, is so hilarious. I just laugh whenever I look at him. I want another one as soon as I can find one. There are just really hard to find in my area.
They’re great

V1K

Frisbee said:

It's a rabbit snail, right? I read somewhere that unlike other snails they are curious and have more personality. Would you say that's true, and if so, how does that even look like, a snail with personality? My tank is unheated, so at first I thought they're out of question for me, but it seems that even in winter my temperature hardly ever drops below 75 F (it once dropped to 72 for a couple of days while it was -4 F outside, but went back to 75 in no time), and in summer it will no doubt get closer to 80, so maybe..?

Kribensis27

V1K said:
It's a rabbit snail, right? I read somewhere that unlike other snails they are curious and have more personality. Would you say that's true, and if so, how does that even look like, a snail with personality? My tank is unheated, so at first I thought they're out of question for me, but it seems that even in winter my temperature hardly ever drops below 75 F (it once dropped to 72 for a couple of days while it was -4 F outside, but went back to 75 in no time), and in summer it will no doubt get closer to 80, so maybe..?
Those temps sound just fine for rabbit snails. They act a lot like mystery snails, but don’t move as fast. They’re always moving around and exploring things, and they just seem curious about everything.

your tank sounds fine for them. Mystery snails are illegal there, right? Am I thinking of somewhere else? If they are, rabbits would be a good alternative.

Frisbee

V1K said:
Those temps sounds okay. This guys is most active at about 75-76°.

I don’t know about the personality part, but these guys are hilarious to watch because they are always hauling this heavy, elongated shell around. They are just really comical creatures.

I think the snails with the most personality are mystery snails, but rabbit snails are a close second. The mystery snails I’ve had actually recognized me and would climb on me and eat out of my hand and such. This guy acts a little bit more like a normal snail, but he’s still quite active and has a lot of spunk and personality.

Betta'sAnonymous

It's Friday. CONGRATULATIONS!! You made it!

Frisbee

Betta'sAnonymous said:
It's Friday. CONGRATULATIONS!! You made it!
I don’t know if I made it. I may or may not be dead inside...

V1K

Kribensis27 said:
Mystery snails are illegal there, right? Am I thinking of somewhere else? If they are, rabbits would be a good alternative.
To be honest I don't know the difference between mystery snails and apple snails, so I don't know which one I have. I have 2 yellows, 1 purple and 1 blue. Locals refer to them as Ampularia, although they look the same to me as Pomacea... Whatever I have, they're legal, I don't think they could survive our winters, so no invasive potential.

Betta'sAnonymous

Frisbee said:
I don’t know if I made it. I may or may not be dead inside...
Mere semantics. Dead inside usually means you take yourself or everything else far too seriously!!

NevermindIgnoreMe

When you glance towards the mirror and then look back and think "Wait why do I look nice" and then "Do I always look like this??? How did I not notice!??" And then "Am I tried.? Probably."

Frisbee

Popcorn has a new lair... she now sleeps in the python.
857B5253-7AFB-4BFB-8384-B2CA1BE21F65.jpeg

F477ED58-63C5-4530-8620-CE22D85FFB82.jpeg

NevermindIgnoreMe

Frisbee said:
Popcorn has a new lair... she now sleeps in the python.
857B5253-7AFB-4BFB-8384-B2CA1BE21F65.jpeg

F477ED58-63C5-4530-8620-CE22D85FFB82.jpeg
Cutie pie.

I'm just stressing about Lincoln Douglas debates and wondering where I should put my forty gallon. I have one option. But I am mad that it's in a corner because I want it to be my beautiful display tank.

Frisbee

I just found the most glorious thing I have ever tasted. I never thought I would be able to eat such a thing again because of my health issues... but then I found this. They are soooooo good.
923D1024-2249-4BEB-8B60-08D1552CF4A7.jpeg

Mii

Frisbee said:
I just found the most glorious thing I have ever tasted. I never thought I would be able to eat such a thing again because of my health issues... but then I found this. They are soooooo good.
923D1024-2249-4BEB-8B60-08D1552CF4A7.jpeg
I love Oreos!

Betta'sAnonymous

Work is making me have a Negative COVID test before i go back to work. Getting tested in a couple hours. Sure hope this is the LAST time

V1K

NevermindIgnoreMe said:
When you glance towards the mirror and then look back and think "Wait why do I look nice" and then "Do I always look like this??? How did I not notice!??" And then "Am I tried.? Probably."
So you look nice when tired? That's convenient!

Sofiafish17

Battleship was not made for kindergarteners. My brother is struggling across the room

NevermindIgnoreMe

Snowboarded today. Unsurprisingly I'm awful at it, but I want to practice more so I can get better.

Betta'sAnonymous

NevermindIgnoreMe said:
Snowboarded today. Unsurprisingly I'm awful at it, but I want to practice more so I can get better.
How to deal with snow:
Step 1) look out window
Step 2) see snow
Step 3) go back to bed and cuddle with kitties

BettaBoi23

Just watchin' my fishy swim around. Also thinking about adding some more plants.

NevermindIgnoreMe

Ah just realized why I've nearly cried over basically anything for the past 4 hours: I've had no alone time. Hehe. This is what happens. Introvert burn out. Goodnight.

Frisbee

Betta'sAnonymous said:
How to deal with snow:
Step 1) look out window
Step 2) see snow
Step 3) go back to bed and cuddle with kitties
Unless you are like me... then:

Step 1: look out window
Step 2: see snow
Step 3: run back in bedroom and put snow bibs on about as fast as humanly possible.
Step 4: face plant in snow

That about covers it for me.

NevermindIgnoreMe said:
Oh, don’t worry about it. Everyone completely sucks at it their first time. First time I went, I slid down the bunny over and over again on my rear for like 4 hours straight. It was fun though. Went home VERY sore.

I’ve been 6 times or so now, and I’m finally feeling competent enough to do some dangerous stuff (trees, side trails, nice and steep slopes, going real fast, etc). It’s sooo fun. It’s the closest thing I’ve ever experienced to flying. It’s so surreal just gliding down a snowy mountain making perfect carves. I love it. There is no other sport like it.

Mii

when snow at home:
Step one: see snow
Step two: drive RC cars in the snow
Step three: Hot chocolate
Step four: play in the snow
Step five: more hot chocolate
Step six: Go to bed at the end of the day and be sad that the snow melted overnight.

If snow at ski place:
Step one: get my skis on
Step two: ride ski lift to the steep routs
Step three: Shred
Step four: Tumble bumble
Step five: Repeat.

V1K

Yesterday I finally got around to digging out my car out of the snow it was sitting in for over a week (I rarely need it due to the lockdown).

Betta'sAnonymous

It's Friday. CONGRATULATIONS!!! You made it!!

Frisbee

Betta'sAnonymous said:
It's Friday. CONGRATULATIONS!!! You made it!!
Yes, I made it. Today is good day.
Last night was fun. It was youth group night, but this time I dragged my 20 yr old sis along to be “a helper”.

Since I’m part of the worship team, I bring my cello on Thursday’s. This time, after youth group was over, I got my sis to get on the really nice church piano and then I played cello and we had a little duet. It was super dope and we officially got labeled “Piano Girls”

And when we got home at like 10pm, I gorged on gluten free Oreos and almond milk and went to bed.

Random Great Thread

Latest threads

Aquarium Calculator

Aquarium Photo Contests

Find a Guru

Top Bottom