Random Thoughts - Page 81

Betta'sAnonymous

Member
Time to play daddy duties. Daughters boyfriend way out of line.
 

Dippiedee

Member
Pets at home had a 5 gallon column aquarium for £25. I couldn't believe they were selling it that cheap so I asked if that price was for that tank and she said 'yes unfortunately that's why nobody buys them'

.. What??? Thats an amazing price! Its funny how different a fish person and a non-fish person's ideas of cheap/expensive is...

Once I figure out where to put it I will go back for that tank
 

Mii

Member
Betta'sAnonymous said:
Time to play daddy duties. Daughters boyfriend way out of line.
what did he do?
 

Rockymountainstream

Member

Betta'sAnonymous

Member
Wow....not even 1pm and i have got all my fish stuff and other stuff done i planned to do today. Maybe i will be able to do that relax thing once. Oh nevermind, i have kids under the age of 25..
 

Mii

Member
Betta'sAnonymous said:
Wow....not even 1pm and i have got all my fish stuff and other stuff done i planned to do today. Maybe i will be able to do that relax thing once. Oh nevermind, i have kids under the age of 25..
oof. my parents relax though. I'm 14 and my sister is 11 I think.
 

Dippiedee

Member
There should be a rule against giving advice on subjects you don't know anything about
 

RandomFishBoi

Member

jake37

Member
Then we would have no politicians and no evangelists.

Dippiedee said:
There should be a rule against giving advice on subjects you don't know anything about
 

StarGirl

Member
Dippiedee said:
There should be a rule against giving advice on subjects you don't know anything about
Anything in particular?
 

Dippiedee

Member

Betta'sAnonymous

Member
Dippiedee said:
There should be a rule against giving advice on subjects you don't know anything about
Thays gonna make for a really quiet forum, then.....
 

Dippiedee

Member
Betta'sAnonymous said:
Thays gonna make for a really quiet forum, then.....
I don't think that's true gotta give people their credit lol

Although in all seriousness, if the forum only had people lacking knowledge giving advice it kinda renders the whole concept obsolete. For example if I ask a question and someone gives an answer they've just guessed or googled then... I could have just done that myself and cut out the middle man lol
 

Betta'sAnonymous

Member
Dippiedee said:
I don't think that's true gotta give people their credit lol

Although in all seriousness, if the forum only had people lacking knowledge giving advice it kinda renders the whole concept obsolete. For example if I ask a question and someone gives an answer they've just guessed or googled then... I could have just done that myself and cut out the middle man lol
I been googling the harder/rarer stuff lately...and thinking "why am I doing this?"...but in all honesty, a lot of it is stuff i would have googled anyway. Not my fault my fish don't get sick!

Edit: and yes there is an amazing wealth of knowledge here!
 

StarGirl

Member
Dippiedee said:
I don't think that's true gotta give people their credit lol

Although in all seriousness, if the forum only had people lacking knowledge giving advice it kinda renders the whole concept obsolete. For example if I ask a question and someone gives an answer they've just guessed or googled then... I could have just done that myself and cut out the middle man lol
Well yeah, you should look up stuff yourself first. Its just more fun here...lol
 

Mii

Member
RandomFishBoi said:
You think?
yeah. What do you expect me to remember?
 

Dippiedee

Member
Lol I regret saying anything now I feel like I'm being a cow
 

Betta'sAnonymous

Member
I am a bell cow!
 

Mii

Member
Dippiedee said:
Lol I regret saying anything now I feel like I'm being a cow
tbh you seem like more of an ox than a cow to me
 

jake37

Member
And you should have !

Dippiedee said:
For example if I ask a question and someone gives an answer they've just guessed or googled then... I could have just done that myself and cut out the middle man lol
 

kanzekatores

Member
Yeah it is annoying but I feel like for some people trying to answer other's questions is a big part of them learning in the hobby
 

V1K

Member
Dippiedee said:
Although in all seriousness, if the forum only had people lacking knowledge giving advice it kinda renders the whole concept obsolete. For example if I ask a question and someone gives an answer they've just guessed or googled then... I could have just done that myself and cut out the middle man lol
Well, if you could have googled it, but didn't, and I did google it and told you, it's better than nothing, isn't it? I have a very limited practical knowledge, but I read and watched tons of stuff while preparing my tank, so if I see someone asking something that I've read, I answer even if I haven't tested it in practice. Learning and understanding information is one of my strongest qualities, so I trust my abilities to apply the knowledge I've gained. To be trasparent about my source of knowledge I usually start such answer with "I've read/heard that" so that people don't think I'm some kind of an expert.
 

AJE

Member
RIP Chuck Yeager
 

Betta'sAnonymous

Member

kanzekatores

Member
AJE said:
RIP Chuck Yeager
Just looked it up. We've had some heavy blows this year but it kinda felt like no one batted an eye when Sean Connery died...
 

AJE

Member
Mii said:
He was a war hero, he broke the sound barrier and was an astronaut
 

Kribensis27

Member
AJE said:
He was a war hero, he broke the sound barrier and was an astronaut
Ooooh ok that makes sense. I didn't know who he was.
 

Betta'sAnonymous

Member
Kribensis27 said:
Ooooh ok that makes sense. I didn't know who he was.
Yeah. Those test pilots were super heroes in the day. I mean, flying at speeds of mach 1 and higher several thousand feet in the air in unproven technology? I dare say each of those test pilots had more cajones than 99% of todays males combined.
 

julifhy

Member
Is it just me, or does anyone else notice that for a period of time, there barely are any betta posts, then BOOM, out of nowhere a bunch of betta post appear lol
 

Betta'sAnonymous

Member
julifhy said:
Is it just me, or does anyone else notice that for a period of time, there barely are any betta posts, then BOOM, out of nowhere a bunch of betta post appear lol
Well...it doesnt help i been putting healthy betta posts....as i got tired of seeing only sick betta photos gets to me after awhile! Wish people would post their bettas pics when they healthy, too!
 

julifhy

Member
Betta'sAnonymous said:
Well...it doesnt help i been putting healthy betta posts....as i got tired of seeing only sick betta photos gets to me after awhile! Wish people would post their bettas pics when they healthy, too!
I wish I was able to post healthy betta pictures. Unfortunately I'm not seeing much change in my betta (I'm still hoping for the best though!)
I'm mostly talking about sick betta posts too. It seems like people's bettas get sick at the same times
 

Betta'sAnonymous

Member
julifhy said:
I wish I was able to post healthy betta pictures. Unfortunately I'm not seeing much change in my betta (I'm still hoping for the best though!)
I'm mostly talking about sick betta posts too. It seems like people's bettas get sick at the same times
Well, start of school year is always one of those times. Got to a PetSmart/Petco when local colleges start up. Lot of people go and get bettas for their dorms then. Can barely even find bettas in those stores around then because of that! Also holidays like Christmas....i know when i got my rosetail he was o. sale for 30% off even... but so many people looking for fish for aquariums they got for Christmas.

Edit: also, it was just Black Friday recently, too....
 

julifhy

Member
Betta'sAnonymous said:
Well, start of school year is always one of those times. Got to a PetSmart/Petco when local colleges start up. Lot of people go and get bettas for their dorms then. Can barely even find bettas in those stores around then because of that! Also holidays like Christmas....i know when i got my rosetail he was o. sale for 30% off even... but so many people looking for fish for aquariums they got for Christmas.

Edit: also, it was just Black Friday recently, too....
I haven't thought of that. I guess it does makes sense now.
It also bothers me how they put animals on sale too. It seems sad... but at least you get a good deal lol
 

Betta'sAnonymous

Member
julifhy said:
I haven't thought of that. I guess it does makes sense now.
It also bothers me how they put animals on sale too. It seems sad... but at least you get a good deal lol
I'm old...therefore kinda cheap!! You think i was gonna pay $20 for an individual fish from a wholesale breeder? Lol
 

Mii

Member
hey, if anyone can think of a fish pun betta than this, let minnow.
 

CHJ

Member
I will have to wait for them to get bigger for good photos but apparently the remaining forktail blue eye is teaching some Molly fry that they are also forktail blue eyes.
It is funny to watch them trying to swim with their pectoral fins up above their body as they are not supposed to work that way.
 

V1K

Member
CHJ said:
I will have to wait for them to get bigger for good photos but apparently the remaining forktail blue eye is teaching some Molly fry that they are also forktail blue eyes.
It is funny to watch them trying to swim with their pectoral fins up above their body as they are not supposed to work that way.
They're actually copying them?? I wouldn't have thought the fish had sufficient cognitive abilities to even recognize the rainbowfish' pectoral fins as an equivalent of their own fins in their unusual position.
 

AggressiveAquatics

Member
It would be cool if when you die you can see your end game stats like how many words you said, how many steps you took and how many seconds you were alive
 

Betta'sAnonymous

Member
There's an app for that. Probably. Lol.
 

jake37

Member
Some people believe they do see their end game stats and either they pass or they don't. Of course some people also believe the earth is square and if you go west far enough you will fall off.

AggressiveAquatics said:
It would be cool if when you die you can see your end game stats like how many words you said, how many steps you took and how many seconds you were alive
 

AggressiveAquatics

Member
jake37 said:
Some people believe they do see their end game stats and either they pass or they don't. Of course some people also believe the earth is square and if you go west far enough you will fall off.
Are you trying to tell me those things aren’t true
 

jake37

Member
You are entitled to your beliefs no matter how far your beliefs might drift from reality.

AggressiveAquatics said:
Are you trying to tell me those things aren’t true
 

AggressiveAquatics

Member
jake37 said:
You are entitled to your beliefs no matter how far your beliefs might drift from reality.
Ok........ but whoever believes that stuff is kinda crazy
 

Frisbee

Member
One of my Grandma’s friends is a flat earther
 

jake37

Member
Sometimes I wish the earth was flat.

Frisbee said:
One of my Grandma’s friends is a flat earther
 

Frisbee

Member
jake37 said:
Sometimes I wish the earth was flat.
I personally believe the earth is round, because it actually talks about it in the Bible. Besides, how the heck would gravity work if the earth was flat? What about time zones? Shadows?
 

jake37

Member
Gravity? Stop spreading fake news.

Frisbee said:
I personally believe the earth is round, because it actually talks about it in the Bible. Besides, how the heck would gravity work if the earth was flat? What about time zones? Shadows?
 

Frisbee

Member
jake37 said:
Gravity? Stop spreading fake news.
Oh I totally forgot! I’m sorry, gravity is not a thing.
 

AJE

Member
I am now down to one tank
 

Most photos, videos and links are disabled if you are not logged in.

Log in or register to view

Top Bottom