Random Thoughts - Page 80

AquaBaby

Feeling so sad lately. The last few weeks have been pretty difficult. It was this time last year we found out about my sister's glioblastoma. I'm trying to keep my chin up, but things keep hitting me sideways. A big thank you to everyone on Fishlore for giving me a place to escape to

Mii

AquaBaby said:
Feeling so sad lately. The last few weeks have been pretty difficult. It was this time last year we found out about my sister's glioblastoma. I'm trying to keep my chin up, but things keep hitting me sideways. A big thank you to everyone on Fishlore for giving me a place to escape to
I'm sorry to hear you're going through a tough time. What's gioblastoma?

Masspanic

Need to stop researching fish and do my actual work... Also wish I could start over with my fish and tank with unlimited money lol

AquaBaby

Mii said:
I'm sorry to hear you're going through a tough time. What's gioblastoma?
It is a brain cancer.

Mii

AquaBaby said:
It is a brain cancer.
Wow. I'm really sorry to hear that. I don't know what I'd do if something like that happened to my family.

AquaBaby

Mii said:
Wow. I'm really sorry to hear that. I don't know what I'd do if something like that happened to my family.
Thank you for the sentiment. It was a pretty quick decline. The only comfort is she isn't suffering anymore.

I've been doing pretty well, but Thanksgiving was hard. Last year we had Thanksgiving in Dallas at the cancer center she was at. This year was without her. It seems so strange.

Frisbee

AquaBaby said:
Thank you for the sentiment. It was a pretty quick decline. The only comfort is she isn't suffering anymore.

I've been doing pretty well, but Thanksgiving was hard. Last year we had Thanksgiving in Dallas at the cancer center she was at. This year was without her. It seems so strange.
My brother moved away last spring. He is in a different state. My brother and I were super close and this year has been really tough not having him not around. And I know he is just in a different state and I’ll get to see him soon. I can’t imagine what it would be like losing someone that close to you.

I’m really sorry for your loss.

AquaBaby

Frisbee said:
My brother moved away last spring. He is in a different state. My brother and I were super close and this year has been really tough not having him not around. And I know he is just in a different state and I’ll get to see him soon. I can’t imagine what it would be like losing someone that close to you.

I’m really sorry for your loss.
Thank you.

I try not to be all whiny, but I feel like I can be a bit more honest about how I feel on here since y'all don't know me irl. And it helps having a place to open up instead of holding it all in.

I can't express how much I appreciate the Fishlore site and all of you!

Thanks guys

Betta'sAnonymous

AquaBaby said:
Thank you.

I try not to be all whiny, but I feel like I can be a bit more honest about how I feel on here since y'all don't know me irl. And it helps having a place to open up instead of holding it all in.

I can't express how much I appreciate the Fishlore site and all of you!

Thanks guys
Sometimes i think that is a military thing....hide it inside or someone will prescribe you a year's supply of 800mg Motrin and tell you to drink more water and change your socks!!

I am at that age where without 10-15 minutes of stretching daily, i feel like i got run over by a truck.

AquaBaby

I love this! Made my day!!

Hugooo

When you're in school, but on Fishlore :

This was on the Zoom chat.

Betta'sAnonymous

Busted! That's me at work too though

StarGirl

I can only go on at breaktime.

AcornTheBetta

Hugooo said:

LOL!

Betta'sAnonymous

StarGirl said:
I can only go on at breaktime.
I have a lot of leeway at my job. My boss is 25 miles away and calls me maybe once a month. When he not trying to sell me crayfish. I do my job, so the client is happy.

Dippiedee

I have 2 bosses they're pretty strict tbh I'm not even allowed unattended toilet breaks..
One is 2 the other is 1 month old

Betta'sAnonymous

Sounds like my Eheim was delivered to my house today, according to my wife.

Dippiedee

I quite like fish

V1K

Dippiedee said:
I quite like fish
You don't say! Should have posted it in "Unpopular opinions".

Betta'sAnonymous

Yay!! My heater didn't arrive shattered!! It was actually packed rather well. And came with a bonus!

Aprilbeingbasic

new tank is finally reading nitrites. so excited for cycle to finish and get fish.

kanzekatores

Who else is excited for christmas

Hugooo

kanzekatores said:
Who else is excited for christmas
ME !!! We're gonna set up our tree in 30 minutes!

Betta'sAnonymous

One of my cats is bawling in the living room. Mama made the executive decision to get rid of a recliner...which was his favorite one. Guess i better get out of bed and go pet him so maybe he shuts up.

V1K

So I always knew this snapping sound that fish make in ponds when they forage under floating vegetation. I never knew how they make that sound though, I thought they kind of hit the leaves hard or something. Now that I added water lettuce to my tank, my fish are making that same sound. And, turns out, the sound is a result of the fish popping air bubbles that gather under the leaves! If they pick on leaves that have no bubbles, they're silent, but if they hit a bubble - snap! I'm still not sure if the lettuce really matches the aesthetics of my tank, but at least I gained this completely impractical yet oddly satisfying piece of knowledge.

SM1199

Betta'sAnonymous said:
One of my cats is bawling in the living room. Mama made the executive decision to get rid of a recliner...which was his favorite one. Guess i better get out of bed and go pet him so maybe he shuts up.
This makes me glad that my family's cats are all old and senile and forget about removed furniture in ten minutes!

Betta'sAnonymous

SM1199 said:
This makes me glad that my family's cats are all old and senile and forget about removed furniture in ten minutes!
He started crying about as soon as we came in from taking it out

SM1199

Betta'sAnonymous said:
He started crying about as soon as we came in from taking it out
The only time any of my parents' cats cry is when the oldest (17 or 18 now) gets "lost" on his way back from the litter box downstairs. We'll all be watching TV and then we hear the saddest "Mrowww? Mrowww?" And we all go "Okay, who's gonna go get him this time?"

julifhy

Hugooo said:

How did she see you’re on another site??

Dippiedee

Hugooo said:

This doesn't get any less funny no matter how many times I look at it

Hugooo

julifhy said:
How did she see you’re on another site??
It's kind of creepy, but our teachers have this site where they can see exactly the tabs you're on at any given moment, even if you are at home. They can close tabs, or force tabs open if they want. It does seem pretty stalker-like, but since we're on our school computers, they don't belong to us so the teachers can do whatever they want with them.
Dippiedee said:
This doesn't get any less funny no matter how many times I look at it
I'm glad you're benefiting from my pain JK, although I get side tracked incredibly easily, and apparently so does everyone else, hence the need for the website

V1K

Hugooo said:
It's kind of creepy, but our teachers have this site where they can see exactly the tabs you're on at any given moment, even if you are at home. They can close tabs, or force tabs open if they want. It does seem pretty stalker-like, but since we're on our school computers, they don't belong to us so the teachers can do whatever they want with them.
Wait, why do you have school computers at home...? Like, your school gives each student a computer? What kind of posh school could afford that?

Hugooo

V1K said:
Wait, why do you have school computers at home...? Like, your school gives each student a computer? What kind of posh school could afford that?
Yes we do! And its called tax dollars, honey America

julifhy

Ohh I missed that the part you mentioned they were your school computers. I thought they could do that on your personal computer and got really worried lol.

V1K said:
My school only burrowed chromebooks to the students who didn't have access to computer or laptops at home because of covid.

RandomFishBoi

V1K said:
The students technically don't own the computers though. They have to give them back at the end of the year, and there are a few other rules as well.

Betta'sAnonymous

All students in our school district are issued chrome books, even the special needs kids. Been invaluable since my kids have been home from school since march.

V1K

Hugooo said:
Yes we do! And its called tax dollars, honey America
Around these parts we prefer to buy our kids their own computers with all that money we save with free/cheap higher education and healthcare .

Newbie1234

Why does my dog love my dad so much.......

Dippiedee

MTS is hitting hard

SM1199

Well, I've gotten in a car-totaling accident. Again. I'm in the market for a car. Right now I've got my eyes on a purple Honda Fit. How cool would that be?

julifhy

Dippiedee said:
MTS is hitting hard
Multiple tank syndrome or Malaysian trumpet snails? Or something else? Lol I can never figure out which MTS people are talking about

This might just be me, but one of my pet peeves is when people spell "betta" as "beta" lol

V1K

When I first started reading about aquarium snails, I though that "mystery snails" meant that you got them by accident with plants or something and you have no idea what species they are (therefore, mystery).

Betta'sAnonymous

It's Friday. CONGRATULATIONS!!! You MADE IT!!!

Dippiedee

Betta'sAnonymous said:
It's Friday. CONGRATULATIONS!!! You MADE IT!!!
You know, these posts are half the reason I ever know what day it is

Betta'sAnonymous

Dippiedee said:
You know, these posts are half the reason I ever know what day it is
That isn't reliable. Half the time i am just HOPEFUL that it really is Friday when i post it!

Mii

I wonder if I've ever bought an egg from the same hen twice?

Rockymountainstream

Mii said:
I wonder if I've ever bought an egg from the same hen twice?
Now that is truly a random thought. Haha

Mii

how many eggs does the average person eat in their lifespan?

Dippiedee

Set up my new 5 gallon for Ramshorns with that black gravel with multicoloured neon bits in it that everybody hates with a bright pink fake plant. All I need is a neon bridge or a pink castle and the dream is complete

Most photos, videos and links are disabled if you are not logged in.

Top Bottom