Random Thoughts - Page 77

Dippiedee

Mii said:
It WHAT? they can DO that??? So maybe Bristlenose plecos aren't as good in community tanks as people say they are. Was the acara already dead and the Bristlenose ate the body, or did the BN pleco actually KILL THE ACARA???
Apparently so?! The acara was bigger than him too! I have a camallanus worm problem in the tank so I think that's what killed the acara but of course I cant be sure. I just didnt see him for one day, the next morning did a water change, pulled the bristlenose's cave out and well the rest is history... the acara, in one piece, couldnt fit inside the bristlenose's cave either. My bristlenose does 'attack' other fish where he like sucker mouths onto them and I did catch him trying to eat my GBR when it died of old age, but could be actually kill another fish? I dont know. The whole thing is pretty shocking tbh

Betta'sAnonymous

Dippiedee said:
Apparently so?! The acara was bigger than him too! I have a camallanus worm problem in the tank so I think that's what killed the acara but of course I cant be sure. I just didnt see him for one day, the next morning did a water change, pulled the bristlenose's cave out and well the rest is history... the acara, in one piece, couldnt fit inside the bristlenose's cave either. My bristlenose does 'attack' other fish where he like sucker mouths onto them and I did catch him trying to eat my GBR when it died of old age, but could be actually kill another fish? I dont know. The whole thing is pretty shocking tbh
The vampire bn pleco

Mii

Dippiedee said:
Now I'm scared to get Bristlenose plecos.

AcornTheBetta

Mii said:
It WHAT? they can DO that??? So maybe Bristlenose plecos aren't as good in community tanks as people say they are. Was the acara already dead and the Bristlenose ate the body, or did the BN pleco actually KILL THE ACARA???
HOW DARE YOU SAY ANYTHING TO CHALLENGE LORD BRISTLENOSE! HE WILL HAVE YOU SLAIN IMMEDIATLY!

Dippiedee

Mii said:
Now I'm scared to get Bristlenose plecos.
By reading others peoples experiences with BNs I think mine is the exception to the rule and most are peaceful community fish and not menaces. This is the first time I've owned a BN so I have no personal comparison

SM1199

Cowardlyslimeball said:
Would you rather fight on horse sized chicken, or one hundred chicken sized horses??
This has been bothering me for months, haha!
As someone who owns a horse, the correct answer is 100% a horse sized chicken. No doubt in my mind. Chickens are way more brave and feisty than horses!

Edit: if you meant ONE instead of ON then my answer changes!

Cowardlyslimeball

M
Smalltownfishfriend said:
What should I name the new calf that I just helped into the world??
Marius!

SM1199 said:
As someone who owns a horse, the correct answer is 100% a horse sized chicken. No doubt in my mind. Chickens are way more brave and feisty than horses!
Haha oops typo would you rather fight ONE horse sized chicken, or one hundred chicken sized horses. Interesting twist though!! Now I can't decide, if I fought one of those, would I do it on a horse sized chicken or on a little teeny incredibly strong horse!

Prest12

I’m a bit late, but paraskevidekatriaphobia is the fear of Friday the thirteenth. And yet... what did I have for dinner?

Betta'sAnonymous

Cowardlyslimeball said:
Haha oops typo would you rather fight ONE horse sized chicken, or one hundred chicken sized horses. Interesting twist though!! Now I can't decide, if I fought one of those, would I do it on a horse sized chicken or on a little teeny incredibly strong horse!
I can make a lot of mcnuggets from 1 horse sized chicken...

Prest12

Betta'sAnonymous said:
Be sure to share some with me.

Cowardlyslimeball

Betta'sAnonymous said:
This is true. You could live off of it for awhile. But the teeny horses would be a lot of work, and probably wouldn't taste half as good...
I would do it for the mcnuggets.

FishGirl115

Seriously though. People think fish are the easiest pet. Honestly fish are probably one of the most demanding pets (when you do it right). So many more issues than say, a cat. Not that I don't enjoy my fish, but they aren't easy. You have to stick with it and do it right.

AquaBaby

FishGirl115 said:
I tried my hand at it...
How I hate to admit this LOL

That last one.....

I love the fact I can track where my shipment is. I am like hitting Refresh Refresh Refresh all day until they arrive. And when the truck pulls in the driveway..... Yup, that's me. :shame:

AggressiveAquatics

FishGirl115 said:
Seriously though. People think fish are the easiest pet. Honestly fish are probably one of the most demanding pets (when you do it right). So many more issues than say, a cat. Not that I don't enjoy my fish, but they aren't easy. You have to stick with it and do it right.
I know right fish are the hardest in my opinion because with a dog or car you don’t need to let there new home cycle and make sure the air quality it’s perfect like you have to do with fish

Betta'sAnonymous

Prest12 said:
Be sure to share some with me.
Just keep me supplied with mcd's sweet n sour sauce and nobody gets hurt!

Cowardlyslimeball

FishGirl115 said:
If you don't have a cat though, you would be surprised. I lost my cat this spring due to viral feline leukemia, it hit me like a freight train. There's a vaccine for the disease, but I was ONE month late for the vets recommended appointment. I'd say they're a pretty hard to keep pet, especially if it's long haired!
Fish are just a completely different thing, even cats and dogs to different to compare! I wish people would treat fish humanely though. No one would do the things they do to fish to a cat or dog!!

FishGirl115

Cowardlyslimeball said:
If you don't have a cat though, you would be surprised. I lost my cat this spring due to viral feline leukemia, it hit me like a freight train. There's a vaccine for the disease, but I was ONE month late for the vets recommended appointment. I'd say they're a pretty hard to keep pet, especially if it's long haired!
Fish are just a completely different thing, even cats and dogs to different to compare! I wish people would treat fish humanely though. No one would do the things they do to fish to a cat or dog!!
I've had cats all my life. I'm so sorry about your kitty :'( I lost one of my cats a month ago. I would say they're very easy to keep (but ours are barn cats, so)

Dippiedee

Start 'em young

20201114_133547.jpg

Mar1111

Discus-Tang said:
Cappucino.
I delivered one 43 years ago and named her Daisy. Her mom was Rosey. I remember bow long it's been, I was 6 months pregnant with my firstborn. I was the only one around and she was in trouble! Black angus.

AcornTheBetta

Dippiedee said:
Start 'em young

20201114_133547.jpg
Just drill it into their brains lol

redmare

Cowardlyslimeball said:
I think the thing with all pets is.... they're all a lot of work if you're doing it right!!! there is no "easy" pet!

Twinklingtea

TheNewguy89 said:
...Too much cheese on this samitch..
Never too much cheese. Impossible.

Cowardlyslimeball

redmare said:
I think the thing with all pets is.... they're all a lot of work if you're doing it right!!! there is no "easy" pet!
[/QUOTE/]
yeah, or you have a pet with a disability. When I was a kid we rescued our dog Snowy, a great pyrenees, Really big, long haired and white. She and had a seizer condition. I remember her having seizures, and my parents having to carry her outside on towels (she weighed 125 pounds) so she wouldn't ruin the carpets and furniture. Once she had an attack in the middle of the night, and had knocked over all the furniture, thrown up and pooped EVERYWHERE. talk about a lot of work!!

redmare

oh my goodness, poor girl! I've got a 13 year old rough collie who is deaf and kind of delusional and he is really difficult to manage. He has seizures, but nothing like that, holy man!

Kribensis27

redmare said:
True. Every animal has its own set of conditions that should be met to keep it healthy. These needs aren’t always easy to meet, but it’s our responsibility as their owners to make sure that they’re met. If we can’t meet their needs as a species (and in some cases, individuals), we shouldn’t be owning them in the first place.

Mii

Y'know those airplane safety videos you already heard the first time you flew, and after that you never paid attention to them, well now that there's a pandemic airplane safety videos are a total nostalgia trip.

AggressiveAquatics

Since bb grows on everything in the tank does it grow on the fish?

julifhy

Mii said:
Y'know those airplane safety videos you already heard the first time you flew, and after that you never paid attention to them, well now that there's a pandemic airplane safety videos are a total nostalgia trip.
Yup
I LOVE traveling on airplanes. I missed it so much and I even listened to “airplane white noise” lol
It’s also why I sometimes consider becoming a flight attendant. I honestly think flight attendants are under appreciated. There’s a lot that goes into becoming one and it’s a pretty competitive field. Not to mention they have to deal with stubborn people every single day

Kribensis27

I just lost my phone in the snow for four hours... but I just found it (luckily unharmed) which is how I’m typing this now. So yeah, that wasn’t great.

Betta'sAnonymous

Yummy, my wife made chicken noodle soup!! So full now

julifhy

Kribensis27 said:
I just lost my phone in the snow for four hours... but I just found it (luckily unharmed) which is how I’m typing this now. So yeah, that wasn’t great.
I lost my phone in my bed for an hour
I literally just got it out lol. It turned out it fell in between the bed frames somehow

NevermindIgnoreMe

I have a little baby mystery snail, I love it very much. My betta, Sparkles (Named by a 3yo), has followed them around all day, and I was concerned he would be nippy, at one point I found him laying next to the snails who was curled up in their shell and thought "Well carp, he probably bit off the antennae." So I moved it to a cup with water but no, baby is fine, just shy. Hopefully my betta doesn't figure out about the fragile antennae.

Cowardlyslimeball

I wonder if I've ever bought milk from the same cow twice.

Betta'sAnonymous

Cowardlyslimeball said:
I wonder if I've ever bought milk from the same cow twice.
I have drank milk from the same cow on multiple occasions, but no clue if i have bought milk from the same cow.

V1K

redmare said:
All pets are a lot of work INITIALLY- mostly research of their needs and the products that match them best, I'd say, - but as long as they're healthy (and you're more likely to keep them that way if you did the research and understand their needs), they're not that much of a work IMO. My cat is a super easy pet. Too early to speak about the fish, as I had them only for a month, but other than the research I wouldn't say I spend much time working on the aquarium and I expect it to get easier as the tank establishes.

JettsPapa

Kribensis27 said:
I lost mine in knee high grass in a 24 acre pasture once. I went home, got my wife's phone and both of our children, and went back. I knew approximately where I'd been in the pasture, so we spread out and walked that path while calling it occasionally. One of them eventually heard it ringing. If it had been set to vibrate I doubt if we'd have ever found it.

Dippiedee

My highest maintenance pet ever was my bearded dragon. She demanded attention almost constantly and if she didnt get it she would sit in the corner sulking and glaring at us. Knew she was sulking because her beard would turn completely black, but would go straight back to beige if I picked her up and went about my daily business with her on my shoulder. It was like having another child

Betta'sAnonymous

Dippiedee said:
My highest maintenance pet ever was my bearded dragon. She demanded attention almost constantly and if she didnt get it she would sit in the corner sulking and glaring at us. Knew she was sulking because her beard would turn completely black, but would go straight back to beige if I picked her up and went about my daily business with her on my shoulder. It was like having another child
One of my cats will practically scream at me in the morning when i get ready for work. That 4-5 hrs where everyone is asleep is just too much for him.

Hugooo

Betta'sAnonymous said:
One of my cats will practically scream at me in the morning when i get ready for work. That 4-5 hrs where everyone is asleep is just too much for him.
Ditto, but with my bird! Not the funnest thing in the world having to get up at 7:00 am on a Saturday to go cover your bird's cage. (To imitate the dark, that we she thinks it's night and goes back to sleep)

Betta'sAnonymous

My stupid driver side door on my truck has been stuck in LOCK position since saturday. Finally got it unjammed this morning. No more crawling out the passenger side for me!

NevermindIgnoreMe

The new book in my favorite book series (Keeper of the Lost Cities) is coming out tomorrow!!!! I'm so excited! Unfortunately I have a ton of school to do Wednesday and Thursday and can't read it until Thursday night but I'm still very excited!I
My cat just came up (he's an inside-outside cat) and he's covered in something. Like sand or dirt maybe? It's not cat litter... He is always so dirty lol.

Hugooo

Almost at 100 pages!

Kribensis27

We gotta get there!

Betta'sAnonymous

NevermindIgnoreMe said:
The new book in my favorite book series (Keeper of the Lost Cities) is coming out tomorrow!!!! I'm so excited! Unfortunately I have a ton of school to do Wednesday and Thursday and can't read it until Thursday night but I'm still very excited!I
My cat just came up (he's an inside-outside cat) and he's covered in something. Like sand or dirt maybe? It's not cat litter... He is always so dirty lol.
Cats are GREAT at finding loose dirt to roll in

Dippiedee

Well I dug out a little trench in the sand underneath some driftwood intended as a hide for the shrimp to get away from Prince but um...

20201116_184205.jpg

Betta'sAnonymous

Dippiedee said:
Well I dug out a little trench in the sand underneath some driftwood intended as a hide for the shrimp to get away from Prince but um...
Thanks, mom!!

NevermindIgnoreMe

Don't you love how cats aren't disgusting, attention demanding, overjoyed dunces obsessed with licking your face? Because I do.

Betta'sAnonymous

NevermindIgnoreMe said:
Don't you love how cats aren't disgusting, attention demanding, overjoyed dunces obsessed with licking your face? Because I do.
Well, i guess my cats aren't obsessed with licking my face...so i guess 1 out of 3 ain't bad lol

Wife made pasta amd meatballs....and me, with my EXCELLENT self-control...ate WAY too much. I think i might pop at any moment!

Dippiedee

What happened to the Gorillaz?

Betta'sAnonymous

Dippiedee said:
What happened to the Gorillaz?
They had sunshine in a bag...maybe it burned them.

Random Great Thread

Latest threads

Aquarium Calculator

Aquarium Photo Contests

Find a Guru

Top Bottom