Random Thoughts - Page 76

Kribensis27

Frisbee said:
It’s not even thanksgiving yet...
Tell that to Target.

Dippiedee

What is Thanksgiving like? I imagine it as like a first Christmas but without the decoration and presents

AcornTheBetta

Dippiedee said:
What is Thanksgiving like? I imagine it as like a first Christmas but without the decoration and presents
Lots of good food, American football, and family.

Hugooo

Dippiedee said:
Haha, it's not that fancy, just mainly family (or friends) gathering and getting super stuffed with food. Basically how you described it.

julifhy

Dippiedee said:
For me it’s A LOT of really good food, family possibly arguing about politics lol, family asking too many questions about what I want to do in the future, and hanging out with cousins.

AcornTheBetta

julifhy said:
For me it’s A LOT of really good food, family possibly arguing about politics lol, family asking too many questions about what I want to do in the future, and hanging out with cousins.
Lol. I forgot about the questions. It sucks being pestered about everything about you.

Well none of this is happening this year cuz COVID-19

Dippiedee

AcornTheBetta said:
Well none of this is happening this year cuz COVID-19
Christmas is cancelled too. I'll be glad to see the back of 2020 it's been an awful year

julifhy

I feel so happy lol. My guinea pig started reacting to me calling her and is less scared of people walking up to her. She’s tiny, so humans are basically giants to her lol.

The rabbit we’re babysitting also opened up to us so much. I really want to keep her especially because she’s not getting good care from her owner. The owner would definitely let us keep her, since she asked us if we wanted to adopt her before. Everyone’s okay with it except my mom, although I know she’s going to miss here the most lol. I’ve made so much progress with Basia the rabbit it would make me so sad if I let her go Basia even started hoping on my lap and even wanted to get carried (which rabbits hate) because she doesn’t like walking on out wood floors lol. I’m scared if she goes back, she’ll get GI Stasis and not be able to recover

AcornTheBetta

julifhy said:
I feel so happy lol. My guinea pig started reacting to me calling her and is less scared of people walking up to her. She’s tiny, so humans are basically giants to her lol.

The rabbit we’re babysitting also opened up to us so much. I really want to keep her especially because she’s not getting good care from her owner. The owner would definitely let us keep her, since she asked us if we wanted to adopt her before. Everyone’s okay with it except my mom, although I know she’s going to miss here the most lol. I’ve made so much progress with Basia the rabbit it would make me so sad if I let her go Basia even started hoping on my lap and even wanted to get carried (which rabbits hate) because she doesn’t like walking on out wood floors lol. I’m scared if she goes back, she’ll get GI Stasis and not be able to recover
Nice!

AquaBaby

For those who don't know the back story of my WCMMs this will sound horrible....

I think one of my last 3 WCMM is really showing signs of her age. Maybe I'll be down to two soon. I can hardly wait to increase my Daisys blue rice fish school size!!! After all of the WCMM are gone, I'm wanting to increase my numbers from a dozen to about 17.

Mii

AquaBaby said:
For those who don't know the back story of my WCMMs this will sound horrible....

I think one of my last 3 WCMM is really showing signs of her age. Maybe I'll be down to two soon. I can hardly wait to increase my Daisys blue rice fish school size!!! After all of the WCMM are gone, I'm wanting to increase my numbers from a dozen to about 17.
what the story behind the wcmm?

Kribensis27

julifhy said:
Oh my gosh, I forgot about the politics fights. Yikes. And the questions. Same ones every year.

Betta'sAnonymous

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MARINES!!!

Mii

Seeing my assorted cories all happy and schooling together is so cute! I currently have 4 left, as a mysterious disease swept through two of my tanks, wiping out half my cory population and a gourami that was one of my favorite fish, byt now the remaining cories are all together in my 20 gallon and seeing them all happy together is heartwarming. They're just so adorable.

AquaBaby

Mii said:
what the story behind the wcmm?
Long story short: There was a gentleman who couldn't keep his last few fish. They were WCMMs. I was brand new to the hobby. He gave me some initial info for someone starting out. They're great little fish, don't get me wrong. BUT as I learned more about my source water, ambient temperature, my likes & dislikes, time I have to commit to my tanks, etc... I found that what have become my tanks just aren't ideal for WCMMs. I feel that I can't just get rid of them because of my word, and now they really are older fish that I would hate to rehome just for someone else to have them die. So, I'm just waiting on them to die. As horrible as that sounds, that's the nuts and bolts of it.

The school of WCMMs I received were around a year and a half old, give or take, if I remember correctly. That was in 2017. *sighs*

Regardless, they've lived a happy life the best I can tell. I have enjoyed them, but I don't plan on getting more. They're at the end of what I expect to be considered their lifespan - especially given that they're in warmer water than ideal. So, I feel I've "done my duty" and given them a decent life. I'm just ready to get more of the fish I've found I really am interested in.

........Now watch these little suckers live for three more years!!! LOL

julifhy

I’m starting to change my mind about corys. I always found them kind of creepy, but they seem kind of cute now lol

Hugooo

julifhy said:
I’m starting to change my mind about corys. I always found them kind of creepy, but they seem kind of cute now lol
Me too! I remember think that gouramis were the ugliest things in the world, but now I find myself wanting a pearl

Betta'sAnonymous

Oh, i have known for some time i want cories in something. I think my kids and wife will like watching them, too!

Been telling veteran stories to the radio show today. Gives me a perspective that what i think is normal really blows most people's minds.

Mii

Hugooo said:
Me too! I remember think that gouramis were the ugliest things in the world, but now I find myself wanting a pearl
HOW could you NOT LIKE GOURAMIS???? THEY'RE SO CUTE!!!!

Betta'sAnonymous

Uhoh...just got a parking pass and a COVID screening app...looks like i am working football this weekend

NevermindIgnoreMe

Ugh...I have to write artists papers, this week they're especially artisty.
Rembrandt is so depressing. Durer was actually depressed. And today's like super rainy and gray where I live today. Not helping.

I just finished Durer...taking a break to gain mental energy. Also I had like three bomb random thoughts I've waited to post all day. Forgot them all.

oh WAIT! Any one done a freshwater deep sand bed? I'm seriously considering one for my future aquaponics tank.

Hugooo

NevermindIgnoreMe said:
Ugh...I have to write artists papers, this week they're especially artisty.
Rembrandt is so depressing. Durer was actually depressed. And today's like super rainy and gray where I live today. Not helping.

I just finished Durer...taking a break to gain mental energy. Also I had like three bomb random thoughts I've waited to post all day. Forgot them all.

oh WAIT! Any one done a freshwater deep sand bed? I'm seriously considering one for my future aquaponics tank.
Hey, where have you been? Good to see you alive Thankfully I am only learning about the Constitution and embryos and linear equations, nothing hard. And no, I have not done anything close to that.

AcornTheBetta

Ugg I have to earn enough money this week and weekend so that I can start stocking my 29g next Tuesday when the shipment gets into my LFS and so that I can buy some pearlweed for my tanks.

NevermindIgnoreMe

Just helping in goldfish threads when I can. Talking to people occasionally. But my semester is almost over so I'll be back to the social threads more. Just two more weeks!!! (We started EARLY) I've missed you too. Yeah, I'm doing that in science but now I'm on genetics.
It's kind of interesting and now I'm REALLY wanting to breed some goldfish. Or just get some. Man I'm desperately wanting butterfly telescopes. I have this aquaponics setups that has been delayed for months, technically a year, and I have it all planned except where to get my fish. And I won't have anything except some ranchu and butterfly telescopes for it. And my favorite breeder stopped breeding bc she has a lot to work and can't get a hold of the shipping breather bags bc covid. My best option is lewnews (Aka live koi for sale) from ebay, but for three small fish (two butterflies and a ranchu) + shipping is 70 bucks. And I'm only getting three baby fish. But I can't order until it's setup anyways...but it's still extremely vexing. We should use that word more, annoying is getting old.

There we go, that's a very random thought post/rant, I'm proud of myself. I have a joke planned to post here tomorrow after school too. I sound so organized lol. Also, anyone every taken the Myers Briggs Personality Test?
Hugooo said:
Hey, where have you been? Good to see you alive Thankfully I am only learning about the Constitution and embryos and linear equations, nothing hard. And no, I have not done anything close to that.

Dippiedee

Theres a special place reserved for people who schedule AM appointments for people with newborn babies

Betta'sAnonymous

It is still 2020. Tomorrow is Friday the 13th. Wonder what kind of fun the world gets to have tomorrow...

Hugooo

Betta'sAnonymous said:
It is still 2020. Tomorrow is Friday the 13th. Wonder what kind of fun the world gets to have tomorrow...
Oh god someone better not die...

Betta'sAnonymous

Hugooo said:
Oh god someone better not die...
Oh that would be too simple

Mii

Betta'sAnonymous said:
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! NO GOD PLEASE NO. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!
why am I referencing a show I haven't watched???

Dippiedee

Mii said:
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! NO GOD PLEASE NO. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!
why am I referencing a show I haven't watched???
Why do I know exactly what you're referencing when I also dont watch the show

Mii

Dippiedee said:
Why do I know exactly what you're referencing when I also dont watch the show
I don't know

Betta'sAnonymous

Why are you the way that you are?

Mii

Betta'sAnonymous said:
Why are you the way that you are?
I dunno I just am.

Betta'sAnonymous

Can tell it was not a great year in our house. The christmas tree is already up.

NevermindIgnoreMe

For logic every week I have to find a piece of informal logic in a book/movie/article and make it into proper form. This week we learned about dilemmas, and I found and example of a complex constructive dilemma from Pride and Prejudice.

Either Lizzie must not marry Mr. Collins or she must marry Mr. Collins. But if she marries Mr. Collins, her mother will never see her again, and if she does her father will never see her again. Therefore either her mother will never see her again or her father will never see her again.

Any Pride and Prejudice fans?

julifhy

15360F0A-4EA8-47CB-BCD1-7483F3C3BF79.jpeg

Tomorrow’s also national kindness day, so let’s hope 2020 is going to be kind to us

Hugooo

julifhy said:
Tomorrow’s also national kindness day, so let’s hope 2020 is going to be kind to us
How ironic...

Betta'sAnonymous

julifhy said:
I will wear this shirt just in case.

It's Friday, CONGRATULATIONS!!! We made it!!

Dippiedee

My bristlenose ate my acara...

Betta'sAnonymous

Craving onion rings and a bacon cheeseburger about now.

Did i miss Friday the 13th?

RandomFishBoi

Why are pizza boxes square when the pizza is circular.

AcornTheBetta

RandomFishBoi said:
The deapest thoughts of a fishboi

Betta'sAnonymous

AcornTheBetta said:
The deapest thoughts of a fishboi
Deepest Dish thoughts, at that

julifhy

RandomFishBoi said:
And the slices are triangles lol

Betta'sAnonymous

julifhy said:
And the slices are triangles lol
Pizza restaurants are secretly owned by the company who makes the most geometry textbooks.

RandomFishBoi

Random thought 2: If 2 people on opposite sides of the world drop a piece of bread, the Earth briefly becomes a sandwich.

julifhy

It’s officially been a year and 3 days since I took home my betta, Tyler
Here’s one of the first pictures I took of him

F124D34E-D3CE-4ECE-939C-75990A6745FC.jpeg

Cowardlyslimeball

Smalltownfishfriend said:
What should I name the new calf that I just helped into the world??
sipec said:
This is a place to list your random thoughts. I did something like this before, but it was only up for a week. Let's bring it back YO!!!
Would you rather fight on horse sized chicken, or one hundred chicken sized horses??
This has been bothering me for months, haha!

NevermindIgnoreMe

My betta is the same size he was when I got him. Very small. He lives alone in a healthy planted twenty gallon...

Mii

Dippiedee said:
My bristlenose ate my acara...
It WHAT? they can DO that??? So maybe Bristlenose plecos aren't as good in community tanks as people say they are. Was the acara already dead and the Bristlenose ate the body, or did the BN pleco actually KILL THE ACARA???

Random Great Thread

Latest threads

Aquarium Calculator

Aquarium Photo Contests

Find a Guru

Top Bottom