Random Thoughts - Page 74

julifhy
I just found out koi can live for 200 years and the oldest koi in the world is 226 years old

Frisbee
Do they look like the want frozen food or gel food today?
they had pellets yesterday, so I’m trying to figure out what they want today. Perhaps some blanched veggies or something?

I wish they could just tell me what they want...
631E6EEC-0DE6-4F40-A790-9CA448C4FCE4.jpeg

Mii
Frisbee said:
Do they look like the want frozen food or gel food today?
they had pellets yesterday, so I’m trying to figure out what they want today. Perhaps some blanched veggies or something?

I wish they could just tell me what they want...
631E6EEC-0DE6-4F40-A790-9CA448C4FCE4.jpeg
They want both

Frisbee
Mii said:
They want both
Yeah probably, but they shouldn’t eat that much.

Mii
Frisbee said:
Yeah probably, but they shouldn’t eat that much.
I never said they should have both, I said they wanted both.

Frisbee
Mii said:
I never said they should have both, I said they wanted both.
To true... to true...

Just some random meme for you LOTR peeps to enjoy. Found this on Facebook.
2D82C6EE-56A6-4C2A-8DE7-D06D6E5521F6.jpeg

Rockymountainstream
Frisbee said:
Just some random meme for you LOTR peeps to enjoy. Found this on Facebook.
Love the reference

Betta'sAnonymous
Wow...burger king breakfast for the first time in AGES

Yep, its a monday.

Betta'sAnonymous
Rockymountainstream
Betta'sAnonymous said:
Yep, its a monday.
Yep, and no one let me know that work was canceled until I got there. Tha funny thing is that I tried to text my boss and let him know that I was not coming in do to my truck not starting. For some reason I could not text or make a call
So I took my wife's car and was going to have her drop me off. That is when I got the text.

Betta'sAnonymous
Rockymountainstream said:
Yep, and no one let me know that work was canceled until I got there. Tha funny thing is that I tried to text my boss and let him know that I was not coming in do to my truck not starting. For some reason I could not text or make a call
So I took my wife's car and was going to have her drop me off. That is when I got the text.
Sounds right! Work doesn't cancel for me. If the rest get cancelled, then i become even more of a necessity. Nice for things like pandemics, not so nice in bad driving conditions.

Frisbee
I’m scrolling through fish lore eating a starbursts. I think I’m gonna eat the whole dollar store bag.

you peeps would be surprised how many candies there are out there that don’t have wheat or dairy in them.

For some reason they gave me a bunch of pink starburst hardly any reds...

Betta'sAnonymous
Frisbee said:
I like the oranges and yellow best. But really they are all good. And i will take your black jelly beans!!

Bettamay
Starburst is made of gelatin.

Frisbee
Betta'sAnonymous said:
I like the oranges and yellow best. But really they are all good. And i will take your black jelly beans!!
Hey! I like the black jelly beans. I love all the jelly beans. I am obsessed with jelly beans. Call me crazy, I even eat the buttered popcorn flavor.

Betta'sAnonymous
Think its about time to break out the cheese steak for lunch. This work day going kinda fast.

Frisbee
Betta'sAnonymous said:
Think its about time to break out the cheese steak for lunch. This work day going kinda fast.
I just finished lunch, time for the rest of my starbursts...

Mii
Frisbee said:
Well that's disappointing, everyone knows red are the best kind. Also you made me want starbursts but we don't have any.

Rockymountainstream
Haha I guess we walked in to that one Haha

Mii
I think calling them silver arowanas is stupid because lots of other species of arowanas can be silver. jardini are silver, blue-black arowanas will lose the black bodies and become silver as they mature, keeping the blue in their fins, an african arowana(which is actually more related to arapaimas, but still called an arowana) can sometimes be silver (although sometimes it's more grey or black), and an asian arowana that just hasn't colored up yet can be silver. really I'd call the silver arowana "orange finned arowana", because while yes, asian arowanas do come in pretty much every color ever, the orange fins are still much more unique towards the species than being silver.

MySquishy
Is this the place for random thoughts?

Here’s mine:
Corydoras catfish look like little dragons.
No, seriously!
“How to Train Your dragon/ Dragons: riders of Berk/ Race to the Edge” episodes are my go-to passive distraction right now when I can’t sleep/ don’t feel well.
After watching several, I put my phone down to try and actually sleep, and for whatever reason started thinking about fish.
For the life of me, I can’t remember what Corys’ faces look like. (I don’t have any yet, still dreaming and saving up.) I can see their bodies, fins, eyes even, but when I try to see their little barbels, visualize the whole fish, I can’t. Instead I see them with the face of either a zippleback or a deadly nadder combined. But squashed onto a Cory cat body.
I haven’t looked up pics yet, so I can still see little dragon-fish.
They're really cute.
Swimming is kinda like flying...

Mii
MySquishy said:

Here’s mine:
No, seriously!
“How to Train Your dragon/ Dragons: riders of Berk/ Race to the Edge” episodes are my go-to passive distraction right now when I can’t sleep/ don’t feel well.
After watching several, I put my phone down to try and actually sleep, and for whatever reason started thinking about fish.
For the life of me, I can’t remember what Corys’ faces look like. (I don’t have any yet, still dreaming and saving up.) I can see their bodies, fins, eyes even, but when I try to see their little barbels, visualize the whole fish, I can’t. Instead I see them with the face of either a zippleback or a deadly nadder combined. But squashed onto a Cory cat body.
They're really cute.
I watched that show too, but I still don't think corydoras look like dragons in any way shape or form.

People say "sa cichlids can only hybridize with their own genus" or "sa cichlids can't hybridize at all". But while yes, they're much less likely to hybridize, dome can, and no, I'm not just talking about that one cichlid that is basically a central american cichlid living in south america(I can't seem to remember the species name). For example an electric blue acara is a hybrid of a regular blue acara, and an electric blue ram. That's why they're smaller, more peaceful, and better in community tanks than a regular blue acara, it's because one they have blue ram in their blood, which is a small, peaceful fish great for community tanks. While they mostly just look like an acara, they also do show some ram in their physical appearance too. Most noticeably the red eye, which from what I've seen online, doesn't happen in regular blue acaras. Their shape is a little different from a regular blue acara too. And there's an example of SA+CA cichlid hybridization too. Convict+Green Terror.

That being said, convict cichlids are VERY good at breeding, I've said it before and I'll say it again, Convict cichlids could probably produce fry with a chair if they wanted to. So I'm not sure if GT can hybridize with other cichlids, or if this is just due to Convict cichlids' ability to breed with anything and everything. So it's now been proven that Green Terrors can make hybrids, Blue acara can make hybrids, and that blue rams can make hybrids (electric blue ram is just a color morph of the regular GBR).

Betta'sAnonymous
It's Friday!! CONGRATULATIONS!! You made it!!!

MySquishy
Mii said:
I watched that show too, but I still don't think corydoras look like dragons in any way shape or form.
After refreshing my memory with pictures of actual cories, you’re right. They really don’t.
It was just the mental picture my brain came up with, marrying the two images in my mind.

Btw, your reference to Covid after the quarantine question in your bio is hysterical!
It took me an embarrassingly long time after finding this forum to realize that’s not what quarantine refers to- it’s the fish.
When you start learning about aquaria during a pandemic....lol!

AggressiveAquatics
I had this random thought yesterday it was what weird food can fish eat. Can they eat natural maybe organic peanut butter, what about cheese or maybe bread
Disclaimer: I would not feed these to my fish even if they were somewhat safe

Mii
AggressiveAquatics said:
I had this random thought yesterday it was what weird food can fish eat. Can they eat natural maybe organic peanut butter, what about cheese or maybe bread
I have no idea but I personally wouldn't try it.

SM1199
I spend all day making and receiving calls without a care while at work but then I get home and I can't bring myself to call a store back regarding something important. Anyone else ever feel this way or just me??

Betta'sAnonymous
SM1199 said:
I spend all day making and receiving calls without a care while at work but then I get home and I can't bring myself to call a store back regarding something important. Anyone else ever feel this way or just me??
Paycheck makes a BIG difference. I am sometimes around thousands at work(up to about 100,000 people)but when i'm not at work, good luck getting me in the same building with 5 people.

julifhy
AggressiveAquatics said:
I was thinking about the same thing lol

Mii
Halloween day and you still don't have a costume? Just tape a piece of paper with "ERROR 404, COSTUME NOT FOUND" written on it to your shirt. 5 minute costume.

julifhy
Mii said:
Halloween day and you still don't have a costume? Just tape a piece of paper with "ERROR 404, COSTUME NOT FOUND" written on it to your shirt. 5 minute costume.
That’s honestly a great idea! Lol

I had so many costume ideas this year, but couldn’t do any of them

Betta'sAnonymous
julifhy said:
That’s honestly a great idea! Lol

I had so many costume ideas this year, but couldn’t do any of them
I threw on my Jason mask and grabbed my costume machete(not as comfortable as the real ones) and chased one of the neighbor kids around until my daughter said "stop or i will kick you in yiur NO NO SQUARE" to which i fell due to laughing.

Janice1979
MySquishy said:

Here’s mine:
No, seriously!
They're really cute.
Oh my! Now I wish I had deadly madder headed corydoras! That would be sooo cute! I love that series as well.

julifhy
Betta'sAnonymous said:
I threw on my Jason mask and grabbed my costume machete(not as comfortable as the real ones) and chased one of the neighbor kids around until my daughter said "stop or i will kick you in yiur NO NO SQUARE" to which i fell due to laughing.
Sound fun! Lol

The moon looks great tonight:

D51F85C2-F53B-4B41-B706-D9B858FF376F.jpeg

Betta'sAnonymous
Youngest daughter told me yesterday she wants a ferret. In an executive dad decision moment, i decided mama can break her heart on that one.

Hugooo
Betta'sAnonymous said:
Youngest daughter told me yesterday she wants a ferret. In an executive dad decision moment, i decided mama can break her heart on that one.
Oh Lordie. I used to have two hamsters - one died from cancer, the other died when we were on vacation and our caretaker forgot to put the lid back on, so he escaped, fell into a trash can, and died there. It wasn't the most pleasant smell when we came home. Now I have fish

Betta'sAnonymous
Hugooo said:
Oh Lordie. I used to have two hamsters - one died from cancer, the other died when we were on vacation and our caretaker forgot to put the lid back on, so he escaped, fell into a trash can, and died there. It wasn't the most pleasant smell when we came home. Now I have fish
We have had hamsters. One got too fat for the climbing tubes and got stuck and died while we were gone. The other died somehow. Cats probably had a part to play in that. The leopard gecko still ticking. I just don't want a ferret because i can't deal with the smell. They are fun, though.

MySquishy
I’m wanted a hamster at 7.
my mom told my I could have one when I was ten, if I read up on how to take care of it myself.
Her prayers were answered, and by the time I was ten, I no longer wanted a rodent.
Plan B was that at least I have would have been able to handle most of the care...

Frisbee
Hmmph. I have an inspiration, and my cello is in the bedroom, but my sister is rapping Christmas presents in there so I don’t know what to do. Also, my sister is insane... she is doing her Christmas shopping and it’s not even thanksgiving yet.

Betta'sAnonymous
Frisbee said:
Hmmph. I have an inspiration, and my cello is in the bedroom, but my sister is rapping Christmas presents in there so I don’t know what to do. Also, my sister is insane... she is doing her Christmas shopping and it’s not even thanksgiving.
Your sister is smart. 2nd year in a row where 95% of my Christmas shopping is already finished. So while y'all are complaining about crowds in stores...or your order is taking forever to ship....these are problems of the mere mortals!! Lol

Betta'sAnonymous
Saw a car sitting across the highway this morning. Couldn't tell if it was the back end of a deer or a cow that was on the ground in front of it.

AquaBaby
Been reading through random posts for the last few weeks... the amount of knowledge and the willingness of members to help each other always leaves me amazed.

I know it's mentioned now and again, but a big thank you to all the members who take the time to share their knowledge and experience with all of us who are new to the wonderful world of being an aquarist.

Mii
we're all just a bunch of brains piloting bones covered in meat.

Betta'sAnonymous
AJE
Prest12
Mii said:
we're all just a bunch of brains piloting bones covered in meat.
Not so sure I have one of those brain things.

Betta'sAnonymous
It's Friday...CONGRATULATIONS, you MADE IT!!

Kribensis27
I need to water my orchids... my oncidium is finally blooming!

Random Great Thread

Latest threads

Aquarium Calculator

Aquarium Photo Contests

Find a Guru

Top Bottom