Random Thoughts - Page 73

Sputnik

Rockymountainstream said:
Maybe, but The Little Mermaid could not live with out legs. Also she gave up her voice to get them.
Yes!! Someone who understands me! hilarious If I were reincarnated as a fish ( a cory, hopefully) I would happily give up my voice for eyelids!

AJE

Plenos can blink but I don’t think they have eye lida

Betta'sAnonymous

Whooooooo!! New betta today! Dexter is officially in the house!!

Mii

Betta'sAnonymous said:
Whooooooo!! New betta today! Dexter is officially in the house!!
Picture?

CaptainAquatics

Betta'sAnonymous

Mii said:
Hopefully soon. He has a lot of hiding places to check out so pic opportunities have been pretty scarce.

Dippiedee

I love the smell of brand new books

Mii

I think my 10 gallon tank is cursed, fish just keep dying in it. Maybe it's haunted by the vengeful spirits of all the fish killed by 9 year old me because i sucked at keeping fish

Rockymountainstream

Mii said:
I think my 10 gallon tank is cursed, fish just keep dying in it. Maybe it's haunted by the vengeful spirits of all the fish killed by 9 year old me because i sucked at keeping fish
I am sure how to respond to that as I had the same feeling about my 60 gallon. When I was about 8or9 I put my beta through some tuff times. thing did get better

Hugooo

For those who care, the iPhone 12 and 12 Pro just came out! It's super exciting! See !

julifhy

Hugooo said:
For those who care, the iPhone 12 and 12 Pro just came out! It's super exciting! See !
I had no idea lol. I'm stuck with an iPhone 6s

Mii

Hugooo said:
i'm more of an android person myself, so i don't really care.

Betta'sAnonymous

Sweet. Petco sent me $10 in free rewards. That makes $15 now. What to buy...

Mid-October and i almost finished with christmas shopping already...I'll take it!

AJE said:
What about Super Smash?
There is quite a bit of Super Smash in my house on the Switch.

Mii

anyone here listen to eurobeat? if so what's your favorite?

Betta'sAnonymous

Mii said:
anyone here listen to eurobeat? if so what's your favorite?
Is that like a sub genre of electonica or something? And who does it include?

julifhy

Betta'sAnonymous said:
Mid-October and i almost finished with christmas shopping already...I'll take it!
I’m already excited for Christmas
I’m just hoping everything will open up by then

Mii

I love bettas, but i don't get why people put them in giant tanks. the reason? bettas are jerks. like as soon as I put a betta in a tank, I can't keep:
*literally every gourami in the universe
*cichlids, including types which usually do well in community tanks, like apistos, rams, kribensis, angelfish, etc.
*livebearers
*anything else flashy
*anything else that's semi-aggressive or territorial

sometimes they even attack fish that you'd expect them to be fine with, like an innocent school of corydoras, and if they attack corydoras, they'd probably go for loaches too, which look similar to corydoras (yes, I know they're not related, they just look similar, so I think a betta would harass them too)

also their fins are basically designed to be nipped, even so called short finned bettas still have very long fins, so you can't keep:
*like 98%
*about half the tetra family

they'll also eat shrimp, as well as very small rasboras like chilis.

some bettas are nice and will do fine in communities, and may be fine with all these fish, heck, I've even seen 2 male bettas sharing a large tank (note that this is NOT recommended, and while one person did it and they where fine, if you try to recreate it, the bettas will most likely just kill each other) but you can't know how nice they are when you're buying them, and they may be fine for a few months, and then go on a killing spree when you least expect it.

really the only fish you can be 100% safe about are the nicer half of the tetra family, about 2% of barbs, rasboras that are too big for them to eat, as the small schooling fish are fast, so the bettas can't really do anything to them, and plecos that are too big for them to bully.

I'm not saying this to dis bettas, infact I love bettas. I just don't see why you'd give up that much real estate, and that many stocking options, just for one mean little fish, when it can be quite happy in a 5-10g tank.

Betta'sAnonymous

julifhy said:
I’m already excited for Christmas
I’m just hoping everything will open up by then
Lets just say amazon is my friend lol

Mii said:
I love bettas, but i don't get why people put them in giant tanks. the reason? bettas are jerks. like as soon as I put a betta in a tank, I can't keep:
*literally every gourami in the universe
*cichlids, including types which usually do well in community tanks, like apistos, rams, kribensis, angelfish, etc.
*livebearers
*anything else flashy
*anything else that's semi-aggressive or territorial

sometimes they even attack fish that you'd expect them to be fine with, like an innocent school of corydoras, and if they attack corydoras, they'd probably go for loaches too, which look similar to corydoras (yes, I know they're not related, they just look similar, so I think a betta would harass them too)

also their fins are basically designed to be nipped, even so called short finned bettas still have very long fins, so you can't keep:
*like 98%
*about half the tetra family

they'll also eat shrimp, as well as very small rasboras like chilis.

some bettas are nice and will do fine in communities, and may be fine with all these fish, heck, I've even seen 2 male bettas sharing a large tank (note that this is NOT recommended, and while one person did it and they where fine, if you try to recreate it, the bettas will most likely just kill each other) but you can't know how nice they are when you're buying them, and they may be fine for a few months, and then go on a killing spree when you least expect it.

really the only fish you can be 100% safe about are the nicer half of the tetra family, about 2% of barbs, rasboras that are too big for them to eat, as the small schooling fish are fast, so the bettas can't really do anything to them, and plecos that are too big for them to bully.

I'm not saying this to dis bettas, infact I love bettas. I just don't see why you'd give up that much real estate, and that many stocking options, just for one mean little fish, when it can be quite happy in a 5-10g tank.
Heck, i have been giving thought to replacing my bettas with small schools of tetras or rasboras when the bettas start dying off. Vary things up a bit, since all 3 are in their own 10g.

Shambhalaubie

emmysjj said:
I found a freaking pest snail and I’m trying to figure out how’s to get my revenge...
My answer is get an Assassin snail to fight your battle for you!!

Mii

Betta'sAnonymous said:
Is that like a sub genre of electonica or something? And who does it include?
"Eurobeat refers to two styles of dance music that originated in Europe: one is a British variant of Italian[3] Eurodisco-influenced[6] dance-pop and the other is a hi-NRG-driven form of Italo disco. Both forms were developed in the 1980s.

-wikipedia

"Super Eurobeat (Japanese: スーパー ユーロビート, Hepburn: Sūpā Yūrobīto, abbreviated SEB; officially stylized as SUPER EUROBEAT) is a CD compilation series of Eurobeat music in Japan. The series itself is the longest running music compilation in the entire world. It has been running for over twenty-five years and the current list consists of 250 volumes (not counting the many "Super Eurobeat presents" albums). ”
-also wikipedia

eurobeat was popularized by the anime Initial-D, and a large portion of the eurobeat community, including myself, discovered it through the show, which is why if you search "eurobeat mix" on youtube, you will find a lot of Toyota Sprinter Trueno AE86 thumbnails

the biggest tank i could afford within a few years is a 55g, do you think that a Green Terror, a Convict cichlid, and some sort of pleco like maybe rubberlip, bristlenose, or perhaps a gold nugget pleco? a gold nugget would be really cool of there's room? also I know that cichlids aren't exactly the best for plants, but could i keep some tougher plants like anubias? could this tank work? or would the fish be too aggressive and stress each other out? I could ditch the convict or swap it for a less aggressive cichlid if that would be better.

Betta'sAnonymous

It's Friday!! CONGRATULATIONS!!! You made it!!

Hugooo

Betta'sAnonymous said:
It's Friday!! CONGRATULATIONS!!! You made it!!
I love seeing this every Friday. It really makes my day

Betta'sAnonymous

Hugooo said:
I love seeing this every Friday. It really makes my day
Thats how they start my favorite local sports radio show every friday, so i just try to pay it forward!

julifhy

I got this ad and I loved it at first. The music is so calming and they have pretty fish, but then they explained their “30 30 30” rule... 30 minutes to do a 30% water change... every... 30... days...

Betta'sAnonymous

julifhy said:
I got this ad and I loved it at first. The music is so calming and they have pretty fish, but then they explained their “30 30 30” rule... 30 minutes to do a 30% water change... every... 30... days...
Ewwww

So i did a thing this morning. Went to Petco for a new air pump and somehow left with 3 nerites and 2 mystery snails as well...

NBettas83

Immigrating here.
My health requires a random thread.

And I find it confusing that people are acting like the only wildfires in the world are in California and Oregon right now.
This is only a few miles away from where I live:

IMG-2116.JPG

(Sorry for low res, it's zoomed in)

Mii

julifhy said:
30 days?? EEEEWWWWWWWW

NevermindIgnoreMe

Random thought, in case you didn't know, baby goldfish are bad at seeing the color blue.

Hugooo

julifhy said:
The amount of fish in there... gross. I'm sorry, but if you follow 30-30-30, then your fish will be long dead within... drumroll please... 30 days And if your aquariums are only peaceful, then I don't know how your fish are still alive. Unless you're doing a Walstad, but Tetra doesn't seem to signify the importance of live plants

Another thing (don't want to double post) . Mike , do you know when the rest of the emojis will come back?

Mike

Hugooo said:
Mike, do you know when the rest of the emojis will come back?
Not until the next forum upgrade and not sure when that is going to be yet.

Betta'sAnonymous

Nothing quite as fun as using a porta-john in freezing weather...

Sputnik

Betta'sAnonymous said:
It's Friday! CONGRATULATIONS!!!! You made it!!
My goodness! I wasn’t sure I would survive this week!! That post really made me smile!

erinw347

I did not survive till Friday

Frisbee

Thursday was more fun then today.

julifhy

I woke up... and there’s something in my wall there’s literally something scratching the inside of my wall whatever it is, it’s not scared of my knocking... I POUNDED the wall and it stoped, but it’s not scratching again...
I’m guessing it’s either a squirrel or some weird rat, but I’ve never in my life saw a rat in our neighborhood. I did see possums and raccoons though

Frisbee

julifhy said:
I woke up... and there’s something in my wall there’s literally something scratching the inside of my wall whatever it is, it’s not scared of my knocking... I POUNDED the wall and it stoped, but it’s not scratching again...
I’m guessing it’s either a squirrel or some weird rat, but I’ve never in my life saw a rat in our neighborhood. I did see possums and raccoons though
I woke up to a kitten sleeping in my hair.

The same kitten that is still obsessed with the fish tank.

(yeah I know, my kitten is cuter then yours).
CB74BAAD-31D0-4281-BF0D-4B1DA088C9EC.jpeg

C1C8F36D-1AA5-41A1-B5FB-795EA2BB3E28.jpeg

54277458-15FE-41D3-8C55-118485BED3FF.jpeg

5921F674-D402-427E-A419-DD00CFFF8FC0.jpeg

erinw347

julifhy said:
You gotta throw the whole wall away now
Frisbee said:

CB74BAAD-31D0-4281-BF0D-4B1DA088C9EC.jpeg

C1C8F36D-1AA5-41A1-B5FB-795EA2BB3E28.jpeg

54277458-15FE-41D3-8C55-118485BED3FF.jpeg

5921F674-D402-427E-A419-DD00CFFF8FC0.jpeg
No.

2928F258-3C4A-4C81-A188-A61E843D8048.jpeg

Rockymountainstream

I work four days ten hours. So today is my first day off.

Frisbee

erinw347 said:
You gotta throw the whole wall away now

No.

2928F258-3C4A-4C81-A188-A61E843D8048.jpeg
That thing looks like the gremlin and baby yoda had a child...

Cute though.

I will take random to the extreme. This is bread.... yes bread...
image.jpg

Mii

from now on I'm not calling them discus, I'm calling them Round Bois.

julifhy

Frisbee said:

Sure your cat might be cute, but can she/he eat red bell peppers?

45A96770-71F0-4C8F-BA99-F7A2067FC9F1.jpeg

julifhy

Friday the 13th? No. Friday the 23rd...
My alarm was somehow off and I missed my first class, then I woke up to something scratching in my wall, I went to make breakfast (we keep our bread in the fridge, so I put the bread in the microwave for 15 seconds to warm it up) I then started making scrambled eggs, when I started smelling smoke??? The bread was BURNING in our microwave??
I think I’m ready for it to be Saturday now

Betta'sAnonymous

Just found out my favorite taco place in town is closing its doors for good tomorrow night.

NevermindIgnoreMe

Me and my entire class (one other person) and my mom went to an art museum today. On the way we were going to get Wendy's, we ordered inside because the drive thru was super long (and is veeeery slow) and waited 20 minutes for our food before we absolutely had to leave so we left it and only had our drinks. -_-

Mii

Betta'sAnonymous said:
Just found out my favorite taco place in town is closing its doors for good tomorrow night.
better go eat as many tacos as possible before they do.

Betta'sAnonymous

Mii said:
better go eat as many tacos as possible before they do.
Yeah, i am making a run soon.

Rockymountainstream

julifhy said:
Friday the 13th? No. Friday the 23rd...
My alarm was somehow off and I missed my first class, then I woke up to something scratching in my wall, I went to make breakfast (we keep our bread in the fridge, so I put the bread in the microwave for 15 seconds to warm it up) I then started making scrambled eggs, when I started smelling smoke??? The bread was BURNING in our microwave??
I think I’m ready for it to be Saturday now
I hate those days. However it over

Betta'sAnonymous

My day turned to straigh hogwash for a bit. But then i got home to some chili waiting...now all is right with the world!

Mii

Betta'sAnonymous said:
My day turned to straigh hogwash for a bit. But then i got home to some chili waiting...now all is right with the world!
what turned it into hogwash for a bit?

Betta'sAnonymous

Mii said:
what turned it into hogwash for a bit?
Lots of stuff. 40 degree temp difference, 30 mph wind, boot laces broke at work, the usual.

Terminator 2 on my TV, pizza in the oven, rum n coke in my hand. A good start to the evening.

Latest threads

Aquarium Calculator

Aquarium Photo Contests

Find a Guru

Top Bottom