How about Clementine?
Nah, Doesn’t really fit.

I’m thinking about Emmy, but idk

Ouse

Nah, Doesn’t really fit.

I’m thinking about Emmy, but idk
How about the name Quantavious?

SouthAmericanCichlids

I just realized, can doesn't have a future tense, just a past tense, "Could." :O :O :O :O

LHAquatics

I'm thinking of a way to get a 10 gallon tank. I thought I could fight MTS......

SouthAmericanCichlids

I'm thinking of a way to get a 10 gallon tank. I thought I could fight MTS......
No one can...

SouthAmericanCichlids

That's a good and bad thing :)
Denial, one very prevalent symptom. It is actually just bad.

LHAquatics

Denial, one very prevalent symptom. It is actually just bad.
you get to have more fish! The thought "new tank" just keeps echoing in my head nonstop!

SouthAmericanCichlids

I was looking on a site showing this forum's statistics because I find them interesting. And the top 5 searches that led to fishlore were hilarious. Ember tetra poop? Arowana breaks back after jumping?

efdnsdbhl.png

BigManAquatics

Who wouldn’t be jealous of this face?
1CD90E98-E28A-4DF3-BF8D-E1A6F8C114A0.jpeg
She’s so cute and chonky, haha
Chonkifer, thats a name

Ouse

Who wouldn’t be jealous of this face?
1CD90E98-E28A-4DF3-BF8D-E1A6F8C114A0.jpeg
She’s so cute and chonky, haha
5% bone 95% chomk. Perfection!

BigManAquatics

It's Friday! Congratulations!! You made it!!

Frisbee

I got cool-whipped last night. We played cherry pie at the fair. Sadly I forgot to get an epic picture of myself covered in whip cream.

LHAquatics

Today was my graduation :D

LHAquatics

Congrats! What did you major in?
Sorry for not clarifying earlier, but I am going to high school.

BigManAquatics

Public Service Announcement: bears are simply AWESOME animals. That is all.

Ouse

My house has smelled of motorbike cleaning products mixed with barbecue smoke all day and I’m beginning to feel sick from it...

BigManAquatics

My house has smelled of motorbike cleaning products mixed with barbecue smoke all day and I’m beginning to feel sick from it...
Don't come to my house then. Always smells like bbq and automotive stuff

Ouse

Don't come to my house then. Always smells like bbq and automotive stuff
Surely the smell of all your cats would cancel those smells out though? ;)

BigManAquatics

Surely the smell of all your cats would cancel those smells out though? ;)
Not usually. But not for lack of trying!

Sofiafish17

My little brothers found some fishing poles in the garage. The 4 yr old can’t open the door to my room but the 6 yr old can. They already talk about catching my fish. They better not get any crazy ideas.

Frisbee

Mmm, yes, spray paint, motor oil and bbq. As a country person, I actually quite like it. It’s a homely smell.

BigManAquatics

My little brothers found some fishing poles in the garage. The 4 yr old can’t open the door to my room but the 6 yr old can. They already talk about catching my fish. They better not get any crazy ideas.
I have something like 60+ fish. And feels like an individual fishing rod for each of them....

Sofiafish17

I’d love to go real fishing sometime but I’m a minor and most of my family isn’t really into the stuff. I can’t get a fishing license without parental consent and of course I would need a fishing pole and stuff. By real fishing I mean not passing a rod back and forth between my little cousins at the family reunion, casting from a popular bank with lots of swimmers lol.

Frisbee

I’d love to go real fishing sometime but I’m a minor and most of my family isn’t really into the stuff. I can’t get a fishing license without parental consent and of course I would need a fishing pole and stuff. By real fishing I mean not passing a rod back and forth between my little cousins at the family reunion, casting from a popular bank with lots of swimmers lol.
That sucks. I was lucky enough to grow up with a dad and 3 brothers who all love fishing, overlanding, atvs, etc, and they have taught me their ways.

Sofiafish17

That is lucky. Honestly I think the New York suburbs are really boring. I’m stuck halfway, in the middle between the two cool things. The City (New York people at least in my area just call NYC The City and everyone knows what you’re talking about) which kind of just speaks for itself about why it’s cool. I’m also into things like knitting and working with wool and fabrics, I just got a job at a wedding dress alterations shop, so it would be cool to go to NYC and seeing all the fashion and going to the stores, I also have a friend who lived there so she knows the ins and outs. The other thing is the New York Adirondacks! I have only been in the real Adirondacks a few times, and only in the Adirondack woods once. It is just cool knowing about all the cool wildlife so close to me. I mean literally 4 hours of driving and I can be in the middle of a nowhere forest spotting moose, black bears, deer, foxes, otters, bald eagles, and of course the fish. But I’ve never done that because I’m a minor and have no one interested in that stuff to bring me. Lots of places north of NYC pretend that they are the Adirondacks, like they put a bear and a moose on their sign and leave unpainted wood, but it’s just not the same when that same place has crazy water slides that go in and out of the building, and all sorts of other weird stuff. I tried to plan a camping trip up to the Adirondacks but it fell though when other things were planned. I mean I just don’t get why people wouldn’t want to sleep outside hearing loons call and seeing the stars and breathing in clean forest air. Ugh it’s weird how I can miss something I never really even had. I have an uncle who is really woodsy, Vermont style and does that stuff. Sadly he has been out of the country for a few years for a job opportunity my aunt got and they plan on staying internationally for a while, at least the next two years since they signed a contract. It’s weird how I can be so close to two cool and totally amazing different worlds and not be a part of either.

Frisbee

That is lucky. Honestly I think the New York suburbs are really boring. I’m stuck halfway, in the middle between the two cool things. The City (New York people at least in my area just call NYC The City and everyone knows what you’re talking about) which kind of just speaks for itself about why it’s cool. I’m also into things like knitting and working with wool and fabrics, I just got a job at a wedding dress alterations shop, so it would be cool to go to NYC and seeing all the fashion and going to the stores, I also have a friend who lived there so she knows the ins and outs. The other thing is the New York Adirondacks! I have only been in the real Adirondacks a few times, and only in the Adirondack woods once. It is just cool knowing about all the cool wildlife so close to me. I mean literally 4 hours of driving and I can be in the middle of a nowhere forest spotting moose, black bears, deer, foxes, otters, bald eagles, and of course the fish. But I’ve never done that because I’m a minor and have no one interested in that stuff to bring me. Lots of places north of NYC pretend that they are the Adirondacks, like they put a bear and a moose on their sign and leave unpainted wood, but it’s just not the same when that same place has crazy water slides that go in and out of the building, and all sorts of other weird stuff. I tried to plan a camping trip up to the Adirondacks but it fell though when other things were planned. I mean I just don’t get why people wouldn’t want to sleep outside hearing loons call and seeing the stars and breathing in clean forest air. Ugh it’s weird how I can miss something I never really even had. I have an uncle who is really woodsy, Vermont style and does that stuff. Sadly he has been out of the country for a few years for a job opportunity my aunt got and they plan on staying internationally for a while, at least the next two years since they signed a contract. It’s weird how I can be so close to two cool and totally amazing different worlds and not be a part of either.
Ah, I see. I’m not sure how I’d survive somewhere like that. I was born and raised in southern Oregon and spent most of my life living on 17 acres of property on the side of a mountain with hundreds of miles of BLM land behind it. We would ride our dirtbikes off the back up the property and could just go into endless forest land. There were bear, cougar, bobcat, deer, elk, foxes and coyote. It was pretty sweet. Tons of poison oak though, that stuff is the worst. I’m pretty immune to it by now, but I’d still get it sometimes.

Last year we moved to a small town in southern Idaho near Boise. I still haven’t gotten used to the change. Went from 17 acres of wet, forested, Oregon terrain to 1/3 of an acre in town in the middle of a desert. It’s weird.

Sofiafish17

Yeah that must have been a pretty big shock. One thing that really bothers me about the suburbs is how people maintain their lawns. I mean my dad set up traps to drown chipmunks and watches them die just because he doesn’t like them digging in the lawn. I’m all for weeding, I was doing it yesterday when I found a wild raspberry starting to grow in my yard that I wanted to encourage to grow. But people get wayyyyyy too extreme. I mean how can a bush be so bad. We have an empty garden bed that started growing milkweed, and I got all excited because Monarch Butterflies come into NY but they had to get ripped up for some reason to leave an empty bed because it apparently looks better than one full of “weeds”. I mean how can we humans go somewhere and expect the wildlife to abide by our rules, and if not we kill them. It just doesn’t make sense to me. The world isn’t just ours, so why are we destroying the others who use it too? Sorry I’m getting a bit rant-y

SouthAmericanCichlids

Yeah that must have been a pretty big shock. One thing that really bothers me about the suburbs is how people maintain their lawns. I mean my dad set up traps to drown chipmunks and watches them die just because he doesn’t like them digging in the lawn. I’m all for weeding, I was doing it yesterday when I found a wild raspberry starting to grow in my yard that I wanted to encourage to grow. But people get wayyyyyy too extreme. I mean how can a bush be so bad. We have an empty garden bed that started growing milkweed, and I got all excited because Monarch Butterflies come into NY but they had to get ripped up for some reason to leave an empty bed because it apparently looks better than one full of “weeds”. I mean how can we humans go somewhere and expect the wildlife to abide by our rules, and if not we kill them. It just doesn’t make sense to me. The world isn’t just ours, so why are we destroying the others who use it too? Sorry I’m getting a bit rant-y
I agree. It's so stupid, they are like, "That bush is too big," and others will say, "That branch is in the way of the view
of the neighborhood's sign!" And I'm like, do you have nothing better to do?
Ah, I see. I’m not sure how I’d survive somewhere like that. I was born and raised in southern Oregon and spent most of my life living on 17 acres of property on the side of a mountain with hundreds of miles of BLM land behind it. We would ride our dirtbikes off the back up the property and could just go into endless forest land. There were bear, cougar, bobcat, deer, elk, foxes and coyote. It was pretty sweet. Tons of poison oak though, that stuff is the worst. I’m pretty immune to it by now, but I’d still get it sometimes.

Last year we moved to a small town in southern Idaho near Boise. I still haven’t gotten used to the change. Went from 17 acres of wet, forested, Oregon terrain to 1/3 of an acre in town in the middle of a desert. It’s weird.
I am quite the opposite, live in the country yet wish I lived in the city, I think it's quite boring out here. And I've never actually lived in the city, only all my siblings and fam, except my younger sister.

JLAquatics

I honestly have no idea why, but I randomly thought about in another thread what it would be like if your fish could speak to you. Imagine your normal water change day, it would be like a Jurassic Park movie where all the people would be screaming and running aimlessly all over the place from the Velociraptors and other dinosaurs (fish swimming for cover as the water bucket drops in the water to drain the tank). And that T-Rex (Gravel Vac), don't get me started on her! Lets just say she is exceptionally hungry today! Swim for your life, denizens of the aquarium!

Sincerely, your random friend posting in this random thread (JLAquatics). ;)

V1K

I honestly have no idea why, but I randomly thought about in another thread what it would be like if your fish could speak to you. Imagine your normal water change day, it would be like a Jurassic Park movie where all the people would be screaming and running aimlessly all over the place from the Velociraptors and other dinosaurs (fish swimming for cover as the water bucket drops in the water to drain the tank). And that T-Rex (Gravel Vac), don't get me started on her! Lets just say she is exceptionally hungry today! Swim for your life, denizens of the aquarium!
Your fish hate water change that much? My barbs are like "What's going on? So exciting!" and my hillstreams are like "Ugh, not this again, so annoying", and that's it.

I've visited Lithuanian Marine Museum aquarium and dolphinarium last week. Saw a lot of exciting fish! Also went to a beach that had literal tons of perfectly polished rocks that would be great for a tank, but my tank has enough rocks in it already, so it took me quite a lot will power not to pick any :D.

Attachments

• DSC_1378.JPG
    DSC_1378.JPG
    176.3 KB · Views: 18
  • DSC_1380.JPG
    DSC_1380.JPG
    181.4 KB · Views: 18
  • DSC_1381.JPG
    DSC_1381.JPG
    146.9 KB · Views: 19
  • DSC_1385.JPG
    DSC_1385.JPG
    114.3 KB · Views: 17
  • DSC_1393.JPG
    DSC_1393.JPG
    106.3 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_20210617_122227.jpg
    IMG_20210617_122227.jpg
    132.3 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_20210617_125156.jpg
    IMG_20210617_125156.jpg
    180 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_20210617_125820.jpg
    IMG_20210617_125820.jpg
    184.9 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_20210617_130516.jpg
    IMG_20210617_130516.jpg
    124.6 KB · Views: 15

V1K

Today I was at a lake and met some of the tamest wild fish ever! Roaches the size of my palm and only slightly smaller perches were checking out my feet and nibbling on my toes. There were nearly as tame as my barbs! At one point I counted 14 perches around my feet.

The water was as warm as a heated swimming pool. We're having a heat wave right now (around 30 C/ 86 F).

Frisbee

I’m thinking about attempting to breed nerite snails, I’m undecided though. Thoughts anyone?

NevermindIgnoreMe

I’m thinking about attempting to breed nerite snails, I’m undecided though. Thoughts anyone?

1624492723993.jpeg

Sofiafish17

You’d have a good market among hobbyists I think. Almost anyone with a tank can get a few mystery snails and have an endless supply, but keeping brackish is quite rarer. I’d say give it a shot!

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Mike
Replies
Views
Nickguy5467
Replies
Views
Lucy
  • Question
Replies