Random Thoughts Continued - Page 6

Ouse

Now nobody recognises me. Heh heh...

SouthAmericanCichlids

Now nobody recognises me. Heh heh...
I do, I remember by you living in beds UK.

Coradee

Don’t be too sure :p

Ouse

I do, I remember by you living in beds UK.
Darn it, I went for three minutes before being spotted... :facepalm:

SouthAmericanCichlids

Darn it, I went for three minutes before being spotted... :facepalm:
It says 1 for me...

Ouse

It says 1 for me.
My post was three minutes old when you posted I think.

I will now move up north so nobody else spots me (fun fact about me, my mother’s side of the family is originally from Sunderland, which is far up north).

StarGirl

SouthAmericanCichlids What about AquaTheatrum - Water theatre in Latin. ;)

BigManAquatics

It's Friday!! Congratulations! You made it!!

Ouse

I'm currently at my niece's house for her second birthday, and my nephew keeps running up to me and shooting me with his new water gun.

SouthAmericanCichlids

I'm currently at my niece's house for her second birthday, and my nephew keeps running up to me and shooting me with his new water gun.
Good times.

Frisbee

Turns out, lake water is covid water…

I went wakeboarding the other day and inhaled a bunch of lake water. Now I’ve got some sort of cold/sinus infection thing going on.

It was worth it though. Getting dragged around a lake is so much fun.

Ouse

The water gun was empty, but when we left the party, my nephew (who is three years old BTW), filled the water gun up this time and shot me, my parents, my brother and my sister from the top window as we were getting into the car. I was pretty badly shot, and wet... :D

BigManAquatics

Should be a busy day fish tank wise for me, so starting out with the Breakfast of Champions....sammich with corned beef, colby jack, smokehouse ranch sauce washed down with a Mtn Dew Frostbite!!

20210808_091920.jpg

StarGirl

Never seen Mt Dew Frost Bite...

BigManAquatics

Never seen Mt Dew Frost Bite...
It's blue, tastes pretty mellow for a Mtn Dew product, kinda blueberry-ish

V1K

Should be a busy day fish tank wise for me, so starting out with the Breakfast of Champions....sammich with corned beef, colby jack, smokehouse ranch sauce washed down with a Mtn Dew Frostbite!!

20210808_091920.jpg
Breakfast so American I don't know a single product named.

StarGirl

You have never heard of corned beef or colby jack cheese?

BigManAquatics

That is the awesomest answer ever!!

V1K

You have never heard of corned beef or colby jack cheese?
Before googling it, I was like - is it beef with corns? Beef cured in corn syrup? Turns out it's just salted beef, so I did hear of it, but I've never eaten it, because it's not a popular way of preparing meat here. It was only popular in Lithuania before the fridges went mainstream :D. As for colby jack, I've definitely never seen a cheese like that, that's some weird looking cheese from what google is showing me :D. Ornamental almost :D.

bettadreams

did you know that lighter eyes, like blue and green, see lighter than darker colors, like brown and hazel?
I'm posting on fishlore after a months break, not that anyone cares, tho

V1K

did you know that lighter eyes, like blue and green, see lighter than darker colors, like brown and hazel?
Can't say I was consciously aware of this, but it makes sense. Although due to the pupil's ability to adjust I imagine the difference would manifest only in the extremes - darkness or bright light. In what people consider to be comfortable lighting all people should see about the same.

Ouse

I'm posting on fishlore after a months break, not that anyone cares, tho
Welcome back!

BigManAquatics

Before googling it, I was like - is it beef with corns? Beef cured in corn syrup? Turns out it's just salted beef, so I did hear of it, but I've never eaten it, because it's not a popular way of preparing meat here. It was only popular in Lithuania before the fridges went mainstream :D. As for colby jack, I've definitely never seen a cheese like that, that's some weird looking cheese from what google is showing me :D. Ornamental almost :D.
Just know that it tastes very delicious :)

Ouse

Went crabbing and caught three crab and three fish. The big fish to the bottom-right corner was the bait:

IMG_20210809_172425_851.jpg
I competed with my dad and caught more than he did. :D

AverageAquarist22

I went wakeboarding the other day and inhaled a bunch of lake water. Now I’ve got some sort of cold/sinus infection thing going on.

Yikes, that happened to me too in Minnesota! Took a COVID test and it was negative, but it took about a week for it to go away…

BigManAquatics

Yikes, that happened to me too in Minnesota! Took a COVID test and it was negative, but it took about a week for it to go away…
Never got sick like that from a lake. Probably because i learned to close my mouth in the water :)

AverageAquarist22

I went tubing and fell and accidentally swallowed some water and got it up my nose too… it was an accident lol. Tubing was really fun though! I probably deserved falling off for trying to stand up while the boat was still going, haha :p

BigManAquatics

I went tubing and fell up and accidentally swallowed some water and got it up my nose too… it was an accident lol. Tubing was really fun though! I probably deserved falling off for trying to stand up while the boat was still going, haha :p
Tubing is more fun when dolphins swim next to the tube :)

AverageAquarist22

I bet! It was fun without the dolphins, but they’d be an added bonus

BigManAquatics

I bet! It was fun without the dolphins, but they’d be an added bonus
Tubing with water moccasins though...lets just say Jesus walking on the water does not compare to doing a 40 yard dash on the water that makes Usain Bolt look slow....

Rose of Sharon

Tubing with water moccasins though...lets just say Jesus walking on the water does not compare to doing a 40 yard dash on the water that makes Usain Bolt look slow....
LOL! I'll give you the moccasins, and raise you a couple of alligators, too!

Tubing in my state can be quite dangerous.....:confused:

BigManAquatics

LOL! I'll give you the moccasins, and raise you a couple of alligators, too!

Tubing in my state can be quite dangerous.....:confused:
I am not as inherently afraid of gators or sharks as i am snakes lol

Snake don't need to touch me to kill me

Frisbee

Never got sick like that from a lake. Probably because i learned to close my mouth in the water :)
Oh believe me, my mouth was shut, lol. There isn’t much you can do about it filling your sinuses when you are thrown from a tube while being dragged behind a boat though. I actually did some cartwheels one time, haha. My thigh is still a little bruised from that fall.

V1K

I actually did some cartwheels one time, haha.
You spinned like a Frisbee that you are :D

BigManAquatics

It's all fun and games until someone drinks the lake.

Ouse

I swam neck-deep into the English Channel today. This discussion is making me nervous...

BigManAquatics

I swam neck-deep into the English Channel today. This discussion is making me nervous...
I have always wondered how much unexploded ordinance sits in the English Channel from WWII...we had several places in Okinawa we couldn't swim or SCUBA dive at because of sunk ships and underwater mines.

Ouse

Very busy waterway, must imagine there’s lots out to sea.

All I found was water, sand, rocks, shells, plants and what I think might’ve been schools of greater sandeels. The last one is ambiguous, but I definitely saw schools of elongated fish very close to shore.

I still have sand in my eyes. The beach is fun until you leave covered in sand.

Ouse

Don’t you just hate how informational websites nowadays are bombarded with adverts? I was just doing some reading, but the website I was using crashed because there were just so many adverts on the screen... sigh. Seems like the top priority of website designers is to make their websites as sloppy and unappealing to readers as possible. Trying to read the article is like trying to find a needle in a haystack.

V1K

Don’t you just hate how informational websites nowadays are bombarded with adverts? I was just doing some reading, but the website I was using crashed because there were just so many adverts on the screen... sigh. Seems like the top priority of website designers is to make their websites as sloppy and unappealing to readers as possible. Trying to read the article is like trying to find a needle in a haystack.
I use ad blocking on my PC so I hardly see any ads. On the phone, yes, it's pretty bad. I've installed an app to deal with that recently, it somewhat helps, but it seems it drains battery quite a bit.

Similar Aquarium Threads

123 124 125 126
Replies
Views
Lucy
2 3 4 5
Replies
Views
SouthAmericanCichlids
Replies
Views
CoryBoi