Random Thoughts Continued - Page 19

Dunk2

It's Friday! CONGRATULATIONS!!! You made it!!
Credit to you, I saved money and passed on buying a calendar this year! ;)

V1K

I got ill second time this month. Still went to work, because we're one person short as it is and there's no one to replace me and I'm not completely non-functioning, so... At least I used it as an excuse to refuse a request to come on Sunday to replace a colleague who's also ill - third time this month :D. Will be having 3 days off afterwards, which I planned to use to go to my parents, but now will use to rest at home. Even if I feel better, I'll exaggerate my condition to my parents and not go, I feel I really need this :D.

ForBettaorForWorse

I had really bad ear pains Tuesday night/Wednesday morning. It was pretty miserable, but it went away after a while... but I've also had a pretty bad cold.

V1K

I had really bad ear pains Tuesday night/Wednesday morning. It was pretty miserable, but it went away after a while... but I've also had a pretty bad cold.
Yeah, the bright side of ear pain is that the nearly unbearable non-stop pain only lasts for a couple of hours and then it only hurts if you suddenly move your head.

ForBettaorForWorse

Ya, thankfully. I did really wack up my sleep schedule for that day.... I was awake all night.

SouthAmericanCichlids

It's Friday! CONGRATULATIONS!!! You made it!!
Again???? I wasn't expecting you to say that AT ALL! ;) ;)

BigManAquatics

Again???? I wasn't expecting you to say that AT ALL! ;) ;)
Well, it is one of my new days off...forgot it was friday for a minute

V1K

Ugh, when winter came, I sort of forgot to check my engine oil, I mean, with all the ice scraping and snow sweeping mornings are busy as they are, and it's no pleasure to poke around under the hood in the cold, etc... Today I got a red warning light, checked the oil after the car cooled down and the dip stick showed none of oil at all, had to pour the whole bottle to get to bare minimum :eek:. After that check engine light is still on, I hope I didn't ruin the car permanently. Apparently stupid Priuses don't show you low oil warning until you're pretty much literally have no oil left :(. Kids, don't forget to check your oil...

BigManAquatics

It's Friday! Congratulations!! You made it!!

ForBettaorForWorse

Barely.... The last few weeks have been pretty interesting.

Basil

And I don’t work this weekend so it actually is a Friday lol!

BigManAquatics

Barely.... The last few weeks have been pretty interesting.
Apparently some people need some training on the fact that every day you are not buried in the ground is a GOOD DAY!!

Hehehehaw

Nerf the Miner

Rose of Sharon

Here we go again with yet another big winter storm coming! Hope you guys are ok!

V1K

Here we go again with yet another big winter storm coming! Hope you guys are ok!
Apparently there was a rather dramatic one on a coastal side of Lithuania a couple of days ago. My side had a blizzard, but the wind wasn't as strong. This winter has been particularly snowy so far.

Tonight it snowed exceptionally fluffy snow. Made of almost perfect snowflakes and feathery. It was actually a pleasure to clean it off my car in the morning, because it was so light and didn't cling to the glass at all, and I could appreciate the snowflakes while doing it :D.

BigManAquatics

It's Friday!! Congratulations!! You made it!!

Also, snow-free here.

V1K

It's Friday!! Congratulations!! You made it!!
Barely. It was exceptionally busy day at work, I was on my feet for the most of it running circles around the mall. We're having sales weekend, so the upcoming two days will be busy too, but hopefully will require less walking. The soles of my feet are tingling right now, good thing I have comfortable shoes.
The highlight of the day was that a cute waitress gave me an exceptionally tasty éclair for free :).

Frisbee

I have and awful toothache. I’ve been using ambisol and taking Tylenol. Dentist is closed on the weekend so I can call them till monday. This sucks.

Ouse

Does Lightning McQueen have life insurance or car insurance?

Basil

I had to go google Lightning McQueen :hilarious:

Frisbee

Look what I found on the internet…

Lightning McQueen can only have life insurance. Because he is a competitive race car and competitive racing is excluded in most (if not all) car insurance policies”

Fishyfishyfishman

These people should have something better to do…

i once began wondering if Pokémon are racist. But we won’t go there. Okay? Mods dont yell at me lol

EDIT- are two back to back 50% water changes equal to a 100 or would it effectively be a 75% because the water from the first WC mixes with the old tank water and you take that?

V1K

Hot take: bamboo shrimp (and vampire shrimp I guess) are quite dramatic. You may think, how, they just sit and do their thing. But that's part of the drama: just as you start taking it for granted, they just disappear. A day passes, two, even three sometimes, and you start thinking - maybe this is it, maybe it actually died this time. And then they just reappear, looking more splendid than ever, freshly molted. They may look timid but they don't let you take them for granted.

SouthAmericanCichlids

These people should have something better to do…

i once began wondering if Pokémon are racist. But we won’t go there. Okay? Mods dont yell at me lol

EDIT- are two back to back 50% water changes equal to a 100 or would it effectively be a 75% because the water from the first WC mixes with the old tank water and you take that?
75%

BigManAquatics

Rose of Sharon

Slow going this morning, for whatever reason....I need some of that excitement and energy that Friday brings! :)

Fishyfishyfishman

Thank gosh back from school. Ugh don’t wanna do the chinchilla cage. ”friends” are ticking me off. I love my new CPDs. Why cant my friend not start an argument.

V1K

Why cant my friend not start an argument.
Good thing about friends is that you can easily dictate your own conditions and draw your own boundaries. Unlike family, that you're kind of stuck with, friends are people that you CHOOSE to be with, but you're not obliged to, so you don't really HAVE to deal with their nonsense. If they forget it, you can remind them of that, politely but assertively. If they refuse to respect your boundaries after a straightforward request, it's worth considering whether you need that kind of friend at all.

SouthAmericanCichlids

Got my part in the spring play, the play is Our Miss Brooks, I got Martin, small part, but he still seems fun to interpret, and there’s always the fun of hanging out with the cast.

Fishyfishyfishman

V1K that’s true. I have other better but few friends. I would prefer to hang out with them but my best friend liiiiiives say. Across the country and he can’t talk online a whole lot. A few closer in person friends though.

what’s for dinner?

V1K

what’s for dinner?
Way too early to think about it :D. I will be having "Chinese" chicken for lunch. I use quotation marks because I have no idea how to cook proper Chinese chicken and honestly cannot be bothered; still hen hao chi though :D.

Fishyfishyfishman

You said at 4:18 AM my time. Ha. I was wondering at 5 PM. Red egger killifish are so cool

V1K

My plan to get new shrimp today was thwarted by me forgetting my bank card's PIN code :D. Already retrieved it, but now it's too late, the seller went to work... And the next time we can arrange the meeting is next week.

BigManAquatics

My plan to get new shrimp today was thwarted by me forgetting my bank card's PIN code :D. Already retrieved it, but now it's too late, the seller went to work... And the next time we can arrange the meeting is next week.
Gotta love those momentary brain farts!!

It's Friday!! Congratulations!! You made it!! Dance like no one is watching!!

Fishyfishyfishman

YEAH man FRIDAY. Totally Didn’t skip school today. Haha haha ha ha ha. Yeah Hamilton cant be played to loud its official. Once of my friends was sick and skipped school as well. I hope I actully get to ski. I hone my dad does okay with The fish. Eh it’s 4 days.

Bwood22

YEAH man FRIDAY. Totally Didn’t skip school today. Haha haha ha ha ha. Yeah Hamilton cant be played to loud its official. Once of my friends was sick and skipped school as well. I hope I actully get to ski. I hone my dad does okay with The fish. Eh it’s 4 days.
If I was only gone 4 days I wouldn't bother with having anyone feed my fish.
Just a good heavy feeding before I left.
Maybe put some food in a ziplock bag for day 2 or 3 if it would help you feel better about it.

Fishyfishyfishman

I showed him how much to feed. ALl my endlers and betta are hogs so not particularly worried about them getting good. I told/showed him to feed very lightly because I might have seen Cyanobacteria. I did two 50% percent WCs. One was scheduled the other was from sucking up a pound and a half of sand. My other tank is new and the CPDs haven’t eaten a lot in the last week so I definitely want them to get them some food.

My watch says 5 and a half hours of 98 decibels of Hamilton will damage my hearing. This car is way to loud

Bwood22

What really grinds my gears:

All of these YouTube videos about the latest and greatest discoveries of the James Webb Space Telescope.
It's all click bait, people.

That Telescope is still cooling down to operational temperatures and they are still aligning the mirrors.

We wont see anything from that Telescope until May or June of this year.

Just FYI.

Fishyfishyfishman

ARGH theres a hamilton song that Reminds me of another song and I can’t think of it. It’s driving me crazy. I looked it up and still cant figure it out

BigManAquatics

What really grinds my gears:

All of these YouTube videos about the latest and greatest discoveries of the James Webb Space Telescope.
It's all click bait, people.

That Telescope is still cooling down to operational temperatures and they are still aligning the mirrors.

We wont see anything from that Telescope until May or June of this year.

Just FYI.
Space...the awesomest frontier...

Fishyfishyfishman

Space space space. lots of space in space. How many tanks could we fit with all that space? You guys wanna make a tank in space? That would be awesome. With space fishies and asteroid rocks. How many space fish could we fit. We would have to make one big enough to see it and the fish from earth.

SouthAmericanCichlids

ARGH theres a hamilton song that Reminds me of another song and I can’t think of it. It’s driving me crazy. I looked it up and still cant figure it out
Which Hamilton song?

ForBettaorForWorse

I had a similar problem, but it was a sing from Mario Kart 8 lol. I did figure out what it sounded like eventually, but I was pretty happy when I figured it out:)

Fishyfishyfishman

Which Hamilton song?
One last time.

When washington is does the weird high pitch thingy. “I wanna talk about what i have learned. (high pitched)
”The hard won wisdom i have earned

It reminds of a different song that i just cant name. Any ideas?

SouthAmericanCichlids

One last time.

When washington is does the weird high pitch thingy. “I wanna talk about what i have learned. (high pitched)
”The hard won wisdom i have earned

It reminds of a different song that i just cant name. Any ideas?
Idk, sorry.

Fishyfishyfishman

IT DRIVES ME CRAZY. Oh well I might think of it eventually. Right now my fingers are frozen and my typing Is terrible and slow

Frisbee

I went into the LFS to see if they had monte carlo.... came out with a new 5 gal, 6lbs or seiryu stone, 3 red lipped nerite snails and the monte carlo. What am I going to do with myself...:oops:

Bwood22

I went into the LFS to see if they had monte carlo.... came out with a new 5 gal, 6lbs or seiryu stone, 3 red lipped nerite snails and the monte carlo. What am I going to do with myself...:oops:
Cycle the 5gal......obviously.

Similar Aquarium Threads

98 99 100 101
Replies
Views
Lucy
2 3 4
Replies
Views
KrissyBunnie
Replies
Views