Random Thoughts Continued - Page 11

V1K

Well, there’s another issue that has come to mind just now: ”brutalist architecture” has and is becoming popular over here. Look it up, it’s quite offensive to the eyes IMO.
Some of the Google results look like if Doctor Strange was filmed in my neighbourhood instead of USA :D (I mean stuff like this). Strong post-Soviet vibes. Surprising UK would want to go there considering the association.

Ouse

You’re right. Brutalism has been popular here since the 50’s and is exponentially becoming more used in architecture. It looks “advanced” and is cheap, although I personally don’t like the look.
By golly by jingo, that is killing my eyes.

V1K

The autumn is so early this year. It's cold outside, and the heating season obviously haven't started yet, so I'm freezing at home at 20 C / 69 F (because I'm weird and by my standards that's really cold :D). Just put on a beanie on :D. I need to buy a heater.

Planning to buy some fish tomorrow. Haven't bought anything for a while now, so feeling really hyped up :D! Since hillstream loaches didn't work out for me and I'm left with 2 out of 7 I bought, the bottom feeder niche is semi-empty. Considering Corydoras julii or C. sterbai. On one hand, julii looks prettier to me, on other hand sterbai can handle higher temperatures and it would be easier to add heater for cold periods like now than cooler for heat waves at summer. I guess I'll decide at the shop tomorrow (it's not open today).
Aaand I'm told in another thread that my tank is not cory-friendly. Back to square one on bottom feeder search :D

Update - After some research decided to give panda garras a try. At first it looked like I won't get any in my country, but turned out one of the fancier LFS is actually waiting for their arrival. Low chances they'll get them tomorrow, and then I'm off to work, so it's more likely I'll be picking them up during my next days off next week. Still, pretty hyped up, they seem like interesting fish :).

HummingbirdNSabath

The last episode of Loki is bad… I’ve seen meaner cliffhangers though.

AverageAquarist22

7F7E9B96-7F87-4EC2-92CE-2F952102E337.jpeg Someone made me an adorable betta stuffed animal as a gift and I’m in love! What should I name him? :)

V1K

The last episode of Loki is bad… I’ve seen meaner cliffhangers though.
What was it that you didn't like? At first I was confused when it ended as I thought that was it, but when it was shown there will be season 2 I was happy, and thought that the episode was reasonably good. Even though I would've prefered bromance over romance for certain characters.

7F7E9B96-7F87-4EC2-92CE-2F952102E337.jpeg Someone made me an adorable betta stuffed animal as a gift and I’m in love! What should I name him? :)
He is very nicely made!

BigManAquatics

It's Friday! Congratulations!! You made it!!

Ouse

Hmm... feels oddly like a Sunday today... :confused:

BigManAquatics

Hmm... feels oddly like a Sunday today... :confused:
Except i could go to the LFS before noon today....and college football

Ouse

I’ve done little today. The course of today has been mundane, at least for me.

BigManAquatics

I’ve done little today. The course of today has been mundane, at least for me.
I am on day 3 of a 4 day weekend. It has been a VERY busy 3 months...i am all about mundane right at the moment.

V1K

I was supposed to work the whole weekend, but I got sniffles, and the boss came today, saw me all masked and miserable, and was like, eh, let's just not open tomorrow :D. We've been working extra days because one of our colegues have been on sick leave for 2 weeks. So I'm guessing that the boss was tired herself and was happy to have a not entirely selfish excuse to get an extra day off :D. Anyway, win for me, now I'll have 4 days off instead of 3. If I manage to get well soon, maybe I'll even get to go buy those panda garras :).

Frisbee

Ugh, composing a cello duet. Is so harrrd….but so cool

I think I’m brain dead now though

Rose of Sharon

Sad day for us....another loss in our family. That makes 4 in a little over a year..... :(

StarGirl

Sad day for us....another loss in our family. That makes 4 in a little over a year..... :(
Aw so sorry! Hugs!

Natalie666

A 20 long would look great in the living room…

MyFishAddiction

WE HAVE NITRATES!!!
and still ammonia though...:(
BUT WE HAVE NITRATES!:):):):)

BigManAquatics

Trying not to fall into the abyss.
Resized_20210926_144034.jpg

BigManAquatics

After conquering the abyss, it was trial by fire!

20210926_192926.jpg

Seems if i pass one more test, i should be the next Regional Manager of Dunder Mifflin, Scranton!

V1K

Today I bought 5 panda garras and one rabbit snail. Being unattentive as I am, I only noticed that there were only 4, not 5 garras in the bag when I brought them home. Since they were pretty expensive, I called the shop and the salesman told me to come back for the 5th garra without any arguments. When I came back, he met me with a very charming smile, which left me with 2 very random thoughts - "Dude, why are you unmasked?" and "Darn, you're hot!" :D.
Anyway, there's some of the new pals:

Attachments

• _20210928_205345.JPG
    _20210928_205345.JPG
    151.7 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_20210928_203030_549.jpg
    IMG_20210928_203030_549.jpg
    127.9 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_20210928_203030_588.jpg
    IMG_20210928_203030_588.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 6

Rose of Sharon

I find it charming that so many people keep red crayfish in their tanks.

Here they are called crawfish, and they put those critters in a pot to boil and then eat! But then again, people here also eat nutria rat..... :)

BigManAquatics

Here they are called crawfish, and they put those critters in a pot to boil and then eat! But then again, people here also eat nutria rat..... :)
We call them "Crawdads" here, mostly used for baitfish. Though the chinese buffets serve them and they are quite popular.

I could never buy one for a tank, unless it was a blue one. Too easy to go out to the lake and get wild-caught ones by flipping over rocks.

Frisbee

We call them crawdads where I live.

V1K

When I was a child, my mom used to bake nutria with potato kugel filling. They were delicious. Not unlike eating a rabbit, IMO. Unfortunately they are now hard/expensive to get. Crayfish are delicious too (local ones, haven't eaten red ones obviously).

Rose of Sharon

Nutria are devouring the coastal wet lands here; they average about 50 miles or more a year. They eat the vegetation down to the roots. People are actually given money to go out and hunt them. I've never eaten nutria, but I have heard that if cooked properly, they are delicious!

Bwood22

Nutria are devouring the coastal wet lands here; they average about 50 miles or more a year. They eat the vegetation down to the roots. People are actually given money to go out and hunt them. I've never eaten nutria, but I have heard that if cooked properly, they are delicious!
So is pizza.

BigManAquatics

Watching a thunderstorm roll in on the prairie.

20210929_104934.jpg

Ouse

I’m the type of person to scratch my chin when I’m thinking.

BigManAquatics

I’m the type of person to scratch my chin when I’m thinking.
Maybe don't think so much...might make for a really patchy beard!

julifhy

Would a 6 gallon cube tank be secure on the top shelf of a sort of flimsy (but earthquake proof) ladder shelf??
I don’t have space for a tank anywhere else unfortunately… and I miss having a betta :(

BigManAquatics

And this is what i saw today at walmart.

20210930_162846.jpg

Rose of Sharon

And this is what i saw today at walmart.

20210930_162846.jpg
Let the buying begin!!! LOL!

BigManAquatics

It's friday! Congratulations!! You made it!!

Ouse

Chilly air temperatures, speedy winds, more dark hours, raging colds and my voice dropping fifty octaves all reinforce my disapproval for this time of the year...

StarGirl

Chilly air temperatures, speedy winds, more dark hours, raging colds and my voice dropping fifty octaves all reinforce my disapproval for this time of the year...
Not dying of heat stroke, light jacket or hoodie, I love the fall! I hate winter though.....

julifhy

Not dying of heat stroke, light jacket or hoodie, I love the fall! I hate winter though.....
Is it actually getting cooler in other states?? Because it doesn't feel like that here lol. It's supposed to be 90°F this weekend :facepalm:

StarGirl

Is it actually getting cooler in other states?? Because it doesn't feel like that here lol. It's supposed to be 90°F this weekend :facepalm:
Yeah 80 here too. Tomorrow anyway.

BigManAquatics

Yeah 80 here too. Tomorrow anyway.
We just starting a week long stretch of low 7ps/upper 60s :) they keep saying high chances if rain everyday too, but that part has been a lie, which is OK, as the farmers are harvesting

Ouse

Two weeks ago it was warm and sunny over here. Now it’s just cold and cloudy, with the odd shower.

Americans should have more reason to hate autumn/winter than I do. Here, it gets to -5°C at the lowest on average, whilst you get to experience what -20°C feels like... :nailbiting:

MyFishAddiction

Two weeks ago it was warm and sunny over here. Now it’s just cold and cloudy, with the odd shower.

Americans should have more reason to hate autumn/winter than I do. Here, it gets to -5°C at the lowest on average, whilst you get to experience what -20°C feels like... :nailbiting:
Why is 20C=68F, but -20C= -4F?
You crazy Brits and your measurements.
Edit: Nevermind, I figured it out.

Similar Aquarium Threads

123 124 125 126
Replies
Views
Lucy
2 3 4 5
Replies
Views
SouthAmericanCichlids