Random Snail?

Dena

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
this little guy showed up tonight while I was cleaning. Can someone let me know what kind of snail and what I should do about it?

OP
Dena

Dena

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I added it in, not sure what happened, let’s try that again
upload_2019-6-30_21-3-28.jpeg

Repolie

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
It's a Malaysian trumpet snail. It depends on the individual whether it's a pest or not, most people like to keep them because they're beneficial.

HyX

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
They are livebearers so that's pretty cool. MTS like to stir up sand and breed. I've read on here that they are all female and can self fertilize but I haven't dug into the science yet. Mostly just discussions.

The snail shouldn't be harmful to tankmates or plants. You can pluck her out now or I'd suggest letting it live. Just keep an eye on the population and try to avoid overfeeding the tank.

Stashmama

Reaction score
RogueAgent94 Please help me!! My mystery snail is acting strange! He/she floats on top of the water and hasn’t moved in days!! I took it out and quarantined it In a small tank and have made sure the water is perfect.. it oozes white gunk out of its trap door but won’t come out of its shell!! I hear you are the one to talk to but I’m new to this forum and don’t know how to start a thread or message anyone! I apologize to the original poster but I have no idea how to work this place.. I just don’t want my baby to die!! Any info from anyone is much appreciated!!

Toggle Sidebar

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom